Post hysteria post.....

ASH1962

If anyone here still says that Jets ownership does not care about the fans, or is not trying to win, or are not trying to improve the franchise they need to be banned forever from this board, and need to shut the **** up forever in the media.

Gregg Williams is a great hire for us. I am actually sitting here amazed that it is actually official and he is actually part of our CS. The Jets never get guys like this, not since Parcells anyway.

So to all of the media who say the Jets never get it right, or never do anything right, or screw up everything... EFFF YOU ALL!!!!! We have the makings of a SUPER Coaching Staff.

LOL

Really looking forwrad to our future now. Hope everyone stops the whining and complaining and gets behind the staff and team for the future. For the first time in eons, I see a pinprick of light at the end of the tunnel starting to open.

5 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

If anyone here still says that Jets ownership does not care about the fans, or is not trying to win, or are not trying to improve the franchise they need to be banned forever from this board, and need to shut the **** up forever in the media.

Gregg Williams is a great hire for us. I am actually sitting here amazed that it is actually official and he is actually part of our CS. The Jets never get guys like this, not since Parcells anyway.

So to all of the media who say the Jets never get it right, or never do anything right, or screw up everything... EFFF YOU ALL!!!!! We have the makings of a SUPER Coaching Staff.

LOL

Really looking forwrad to our future now. Hope everyone stops the whining and complaining and gets behind the staff and team for the future. For the first time in eons, I see a pinprick of light at the end of the tunnel starting to open.

already seeing things in media about Bountygate.....geez.  Jets can do no right.  It's friggin' amazing.

1.  Jets NEED to get McC!!

2.  Report comes out that McC will ONLY coach the Jets.  Now word is McC SUCKS and Jets would be morons to take him.

3.  Jets hire Gase.  Jets are morons for not taking McC.  Jets are morons for taking a guy who failed with Dolphins.

4.  Jets NEED to get Williams.

5.  Jets get Williams.  Yeaaahhhh buuutttttt....Bountygate.

so sick of it.

7 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

LOL

I give them credit, but lets wait and see how free agency and the draft go. So take a breath slinky.

The staff has definitely been upgraded, no doubt, but the bar has been set so low that almost anything would have been better than the last 4 years.  I'm not knocking any of the hires so far, but I want to start seeing some results before I decide how great this actually is.  I can't wait for the draft and free agency to see how the team takes shape!

17 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

LOL

I am pretty happy you aren't a mod lol.

19 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Who gave UnitedWhoButts a second account?

#SomethingHas2BeDoneAboutTheFans

Where has god ole United Who been? Hope he/she (I could never get a read on that, which is  kinda scary, but....) didn't get banned?

15 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

already seeing things in media about Bountygate.....geez.  Jets can do no right.  It's friggin' amazing.

2.  Report comes out that McC will ONLY coach the Jets.  Now word is McC SUCKS and Jets would be morons to take him.

3.  Jets hire Gase.  Jets are morons for not taking McC.  Jets are morons for taking a guy who failed with Dolphins.

so sick of it.

I hope Chris Johnson comes out and declares he will be paying all associate fines for Bounty Gate.

23 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

so sick of it.

Most of us are.

I am excited about Williams but I do have some concerns and no they do not involve bounty gate that is far in the past. My concern with Williams is that he will likely transition us from a 3-4 to a 4-3 which means a lot of our young players are going to need to forget everything they have learned and built upon the passed couple of years and learn a new scheme from scratch. This is a good year to make the swap since there are a lot of d linemen in free agency and the draft but it is going to be a bit of a downer for a lot of us if we use a high first on a defensive line player especially if our defense gets off to a slow start which would be fairly typical when you have a bunch of guys learning to play a whole new scheme.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

17 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Where has god ole United Who been? Hope he/she (I could never get a read on that, which is  kinda scary, but....) didn't get banned?

Funny. I hope he did get banned.

And he's definitely a dude. Someone ( @RutgersJetFan maybe? ) used to troll him with a picture of himself.  Good times.

29 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The staff has definitely been upgraded, no doubt, but the bar has been set so low that almost anything would have been better than the last 4 years.  I'm not knocking any of the hires so far, but I want to start seeing some results before I decide how great this actually is.  I can't wait for the draft and free agency to see how the team takes shape!

This... any somewhat competent staff could take this roster as is, and have a better season next year. 

I'm not putting the hires down, I like Gase and Williams. But it raises the bar for next season.

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

so sick of it.

The media sucks.

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I am actually sitting here amazed that it is actually official and he is actually part of our CS. The Jets never get guys like this, not since Parcells anyway.

That right there should tell you something is up. Williams is kind of a lunatic and this entire hiring process was shady as all hell. This franchise has done absolutely nothing to earn confidence from any of us so I'm not sure why any of this counts as hysteria or complaining. Being skeptical of everything this franchise does is all that's left.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

How many Super Bowls has Greg Williams been a part of?  Adam Gase?  

Williams was DC when the Titans made the SB and he won a SB with New Orleans.

Interesting nugget: Jeff Fischer coached 22 seasons, he won a total of 5 playoff games.  3 of those 5 wins came with Williams as his DC (he was only his DC for 3 seasons).

Gase made the super bowl with Denver.

3 SB trips and 1 SB win.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Interesting nugget: Jeff Fischer coached 22 seasons, he won a total of 5 playoff games.  3 of those 5 wins came with Williams as his DC (he was only his DC for 3 seasons).

3 SB trips and 1 SB win.

when was the last time the jets had a coach who was part of a superbowl team in at least a coordinators position?  mangini and before that parcells (although groh was dc on the patsies when parcells went with them).

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I am excited about Williams but I do have some concerns and no they do not involve bounty gate that is far in the past. My concern with Williams is that he will likely transition us from a 3-4 to a 4-3 which means a lot of our young players are going to need to forget everything they have learned and built upon the passed couple of years and learn a new scheme from scratch. This is a good year to make the swap since there are a lot of d linemen in free agency and the draft but it is going to be a bit of a downer for a lot of us if we use a high first on a defensive line player especially if our defense gets off to a slow start which would be fairly typical when you have a bunch of guys learning to play a whole new scheme.

Hahahahaha...what did they learn?...hahahahaha...etc.

28 minutes ago, rangerous said:

when was the last time the jets had a coach who was part of a superbowl team in at least a coordinators position?  mangini and before that parcells (although groh was dc on the patsies when parcells went with them).

Mangini wasn't a coordinator for a SB team.

Groh was DC for the 96 Pats.

Chan Bailey was OC for 89 broncos

Belichick DC for NYG SB teams

Bud Carson was Pitts DC in 70s then Jets DC in mid 80s

That's all I can think of off the top of my head

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

3 SB trips and 1 SB win.

Sweet!  Super Bowl here we come!!!

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

3 SB trips and 1 SB win.

@JiF

BBF1DE9D-F28C-4D5F-AF13-B1BAA9C13384.gif

4 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

They retained Mike Maccagnan and hired Adam Gase.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Mangini wasn't a coordinator for a SB team.

Groh was DC for the 96 Pats.

Chan Bailey was OC for 89 broncos

Belichick DC for NYG SB teams

Bud Carson was Pitts DC in 70s then Jets DC in mid 80s

That's all I can think of off the top of my head

yep, not many.  coslet was oc of the bungles when they went.

7 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Good News:  The last couple of years our young players learned nothing, so there is nothing to unlearn.  More Good News:  The Old Schemes sucked so there was nothing to build upon.

Archived