Congratulations to Chris Herndon

Mark78

“Truthfully, I think I just started studying more, watching more film on my own, takings notes,” Herndon said of his improvement throughout the season. “I was able to take what I practiced and took notes on and go apply it on the field. I saw myself getting better each and every week. I feel like the classroom stuff was big for me.”

If he had to do this on his own, where were the coaches  and what did they do for him?

6 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

“Truthfully, I think I just started studying more, watching more film on my own, takings notes,” Herndon said of his improvement throughout the season. “I was able to take what I practiced and took notes on and go apply it on the field. I saw myself getting better each and every week. I feel like the classroom stuff was big for me.”

If he had to do this on his own, where were the coaches  and what did they do for him?

Good point but I wouldn't blame this on coaches. At some point you have to step up and do some things on your own as well. This is a great sign! 

28 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

It's very very common for players to study on their own 

The coaches don't live with them and follow them around 24/7

10 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Jets rookie TE making the rookie team. Pretty sweet considering the history of the next big thing at TE for the Jets the last 30 years.

He was projected to be a 2nd rounder but the injury made him drop.  We al know Macc has struggled mightily in rounds 2-7 but this is obviously one of his best picks in those rounds. Hopefully the trend continues this year

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

He needs to attack the ball more and have stronger hands - he's still waiting for the ball to come to him too much.

This isn't a complaint - great to have him and he has a big future.  If he works on those things he can become great.

If you have to preface it with “it’s not a complaint”, it probably is.

If you have to preface it with “it’s not a complaint”, it probably is.

Sometimes an observation is just an observation.
I’m not shy about complaining when I feel the need to do so.

He had a promising rookie year but if he wants to take it to an all-pro level he needs to do a better job attacking the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

2018 draft gave us Sam Darnold and Chris Herndon. Not too bad. I'm hoping a guy like Shep can step up under a guy like Gregg Williams. He's another guy that fits better in a 4-3 scheme. 

I have more hope for Nickerson than Shep but I'm rooting for him. Really Macc has left the team on the short side of the draft thus far

8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I have more hope for Nickerson than Shep but I'm rooting for him. Really Macc has left the team on the short side of the draft thus far

I heard Shepherd is really disliked by his teammates.  If true I wonder why.  Right now looks like another busted 3rd Rd pick.

Another “old” rookie drafted by Maccagnan....Maye, Donahue, Shepherd, I think there are a few more, this needs to cease as soon as possible.  It’s difficult enough to hit a draft pick.

5 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I heard Shepherd is really disliked by his teammates.  If true I wonder why.  Right now looks like another busted 3rd Rd pick.

Another “old” rookie drafted by Maccagnan....Maye, Donahue, Shepherd, I think there are a few more, this needs to cease as soon as possible.  It’s difficult enough to hit a draft pick.

Wow, I didn't know about any discord but I got a feeling something wasn't right with him at the end of the season, on top of he didn't seem to improve at all and was actually a no show at the end. Didn't seem right in an interview either.

I do like Maye tho.

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

He was projected to be a 2nd rounder but the injury made him drop.  We al know Macc has struggled mightily in rounds 2-7 but this is obviously one of his best picks in those rounds. Hopefully the trend continues this year

This transcends coffee in hand's draft record. Mitchell, Brady, Becht ect ect...

2 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

If the guy has superior talent which it appears he does, it doesn't  matrer who coaches him. Gates, Kelce, Gronk, Ertz, Gonzo, all would be great with or without whoever coached them. Herndon is this kind of talent

3 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Probably the only good pick he’s ever made. Herndon is a special talent. Saw many of his games with the Canes. He was unstoppable. Can’t believe Macc took this guy. Every dog has his day.

53 minutes ago, BigO said:

Wow man that’s brilliant

Not on your level by means, Homes. #Lower East Side Tuff Boiz

Imagine looking forward to things getting better for Sam, and not showing how smart I am by hating ragging Adams all ****in day 24/7.

WTF was I thinking?! :-k

7c53b9bbc0ca98d67d74b85aaf594d90.jpg

27 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Not on your level by means, Homes. #Lower East Side Tuff Boiz

Imagine looking forward to things getting better for Sam, and not showing how smart I am by hating ragging Adams all ****in day 24/7.

WTF was I thinking?! :-k

7c53b9bbc0ca98d67d74b85aaf594d90.jpg

Yeah yeah yeah and it’s homie not homes homeboy. You, Jamaal and his dancing fan club of groupies can go tip toe thru the tulips with tiny Tim for all I care. 

D01858DD-C8F7-4681-9974-1EFC731E6EC1.jpeg

7 minutes ago, BigO said:

Yeah yeah yeah and it’s homie not homes homeboy. You, Jamaal and his dancing fan club of groupies can go tip toe thru the tulips with tiny Tim for all I care.

Nah, it homes over in West Balti bruh. Know what I'm sayin' man?

Me and Mal is tight. Aight?

:cool:

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Wow, I didn't know about any discord but I got a feeling something wasn't right with him at the end of the season, on top of he didn't seem to improve at all and was actually a no show at the end. Didn't seem right in an interview either.

I do like Maye tho.

Maye is good when he can stay on the field but that’s far from guaranteed, was 24 when drafted before you know it he’s pushing 30.  The second Safety drafted consecutively.  QB was a huge issue with the Jets and building to support the one brought in, not another d back to try to make Bowles look competent (that’s how I have a bad feeling that Maccagnan let Bowles push him around)....Kamara and Smith-Schuster were on the board when Maye was picked.

11 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Turning into a steal of a draft pick.  I know he struggled early on with big drops in the end zone but he became a real big weapon for Sam.  Excited to see how Gase utilizes him

his knee injury in college was a godsend to us

Archived