Jump to content
Mark78

Congratulations to Chris Herndon

Recommended Posts

Turning into a steal of a draft pick.  I know he struggled early on with big drops in the end zone but he became a real big weapon for Sam.  Excited to see how Gase utilizes him

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Mac killing macchiatos, plates of haggis, and the 2018 draft. Like a boss!

86025_h.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

“Truthfully, I think I just started studying more, watching more film on my own, takings notes,” Herndon said of his improvement throughout the season. “I was able to take what I practiced and took notes on and go apply it on the field. I saw myself getting better each and every week. I feel like the classroom stuff was big for me.”

If he had to do this on his own, where were the coaches  and what did they do for him?

It's very very common for players to study on their own 

The coaches don't live with them and follow them around 24/7

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Jets rookie TE making the rookie team. Pretty sweet considering the history of the next big thing at TE for the Jets the last 30 years.

He was projected to be a 2nd rounder but the injury made him drop.  We al know Macc has struggled mightily in rounds 2-7 but this is obviously one of his best picks in those rounds. Hopefully the trend continues this year

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs to attack the ball more and have stronger hands - he's still waiting for the ball to come to him too much.

This isn't a complaint - great to have him and he has a big future.  If he works on those things he can become great.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reminds you how much can open up for Sam with Gase if Mac gets a few more players on that O. An Olineman, a WR, and an RB... for starters

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really promising player. Let’s hope that the committee approach to the tight end position will be put to rest. Herndon needs to be on the field virtually every play. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Mark78 said:

Sam and Chris together have a bright future!

Sure looks like they could.  +1

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

He needs to attack the ball more and have stronger hands - he's still waiting for the ball to come to him too much.

This isn't a complaint - great to have him and he has a big future.  If he works on those things he can become great.

If you have to preface it with “it’s not a complaint”, it probably is.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you have to preface it with “it’s not a complaint”, it probably is.

Sometimes an observation is just an observation.
I’m not shy about complaining when I feel the need to do so.

He had a promising rookie year but if he wants to take it to an all-pro level he needs to do a better job attacking the ball.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2018 draft gave us Sam Darnold and Chris Herndon. Not too bad. I'm hoping a guy like Shep can step up under a guy like Gregg Williams. He's another guy that fits better in a 4-3 scheme. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

2018 draft gave us Sam Darnold and Chris Herndon. Not too bad. I'm hoping a guy like Shep can step up under a guy like Gregg Williams. He's another guy that fits better in a 4-3 scheme. 

I have more hope for Nickerson than Shep but I'm rooting for him. Really Macc has left the team on the short side of the draft thus far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I have more hope for Nickerson than Shep but I'm rooting for him. Really Macc has left the team on the short side of the draft thus far

I heard Shepherd is really disliked by his teammates.  If true I wonder why.  Right now looks like another busted 3rd Rd pick.

Another “old” rookie drafted by Maccagnan....Maye, Donahue, Shepherd, I think there are a few more, this needs to cease as soon as possible.  It’s difficult enough to hit a draft pick.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I heard Shepherd is really disliked by his teammates.  If true I wonder why.  Right now looks like another busted 3rd Rd pick.

Another “old” rookie drafted by Maccagnan....Maye, Donahue, Shepherd, I think there are a few more, this needs to cease as soon as possible.  It’s difficult enough to hit a draft pick.

Wow, I didn't know about any discord but I got a feeling something wasn't right with him at the end of the season, on top of he didn't seem to improve at all and was actually a no show at the end. Didn't seem right in an interview either.

I do like Maye tho.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

herndon is extremely promising for a 22 year old rookie TE. keep in mind TE’s can take a little while to break out, you look at the top guys like kelce, ertz and kittle and they didn’t really start to break out until age 25. he’s ahead of the curve

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

He was projected to be a 2nd rounder but the injury made him drop.  We al know Macc has struggled mightily in rounds 2-7 but this is obviously one of his best picks in those rounds. Hopefully the trend continues this year

This transcends coffee in hand's draft record. Mitchell, Brady, Becht ect ect...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

“Truthfully, I think I just started studying more, watching more film on my own, takings notes,” Herndon said of his improvement throughout the season. “I was able to take what I practiced and took notes on and go apply it on the field. I saw myself getting better each and every week. I feel like the classroom stuff was big for me.”

If he had to do this on his own, where were the coaches  and what did they do for him?

If the guy has superior talent which it appears he does, it doesn't  matrer who coaches him. Gates, Kelce, Gronk, Ertz, Gonzo, all would be great with or without whoever coached them. Herndon is this kind of talent

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Just reminds you how much can open up for Sam with Gase if Mac gets a few more players on that O. An Olineman, a WR, and an RB... for starters

Wow man that’s brilliant 

C78059C5-534F-4C4A-BA95-B83D8D1C14ED.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jets723 said:

He was projected to be a 2nd rounder but the injury made him drop.  We al know Macc has struggled mightily in rounds 2-7 but this is obviously one of his best picks in those rounds. Hopefully the trend continues this year

Probably the only good pick he’s ever made. Herndon is a special talent. Saw many of his games with the Canes. He was unstoppable. Can’t believe Macc took this guy. Every dog has his day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BigO said:

Wow man that’s brilliant

Not on your level by means, Homes. #Lower East Side Tuff Boiz

Imagine looking forward to things getting better for Sam, and not showing how smart I am by hating ragging Adams all ****in day 24/7.

WTF was I thinking?! :-k

 

7c53b9bbc0ca98d67d74b85aaf594d90.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy did what you have to do to be a success in this league. He showed something early.  And he got better as time went on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Not on your level by means, Homes. #Lower East Side Tuff Boiz

Imagine looking forward to things getting better for Sam, and not showing how smart I am by hating ragging Adams all ****in day 24/7.

WTF was I thinking?! :-k

 

7c53b9bbc0ca98d67d74b85aaf594d90.jpg

Yeah yeah yeah and it’s homie not homes homeboy. You, Jamaal and his dancing fan club of groupies can go tip toe thru the tulips with tiny Tim for all I care. 

 

D01858DD-C8F7-4681-9974-1EFC731E6EC1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigO said:

Yeah yeah yeah and it’s homie not homes homeboy. You, Jamaal and his dancing fan club of groupies can go tip toe thru the tulips with tiny Tim for all I care.

Nah, it homes over in West Balti bruh. Know what I'm sayin' man?

Me and Mal is tight. Aight?

:cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Nah, it homes over in West Balti bruh. Know what I'm sayin' man?

Me and Mal is tight. Aight?

:cool:

Okie dokie pokie. What u doing on a Jets site living in the land of the decrepit ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Wow, I didn't know about any discord but I got a feeling something wasn't right with him at the end of the season, on top of he didn't seem to improve at all and was actually a no show at the end. Didn't seem right in an interview either.

I do like Maye tho.

Maye is good when he can stay on the field but that’s far from guaranteed, was 24 when drafted before you know it he’s pushing 30.  The second Safety drafted consecutively.  QB was a huge issue with the Jets and building to support the one brought in, not another d back to try to make Bowles look competent (that’s how I have a bad feeling that Maccagnan let Bowles push him around)....Kamara and Smith-Schuster were on the board when Maye was picked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Turning into a steal of a draft pick.  I know he struggled early on with big drops in the end zone but he became a real big weapon for Sam.  Excited to see how Gase utilizes him

his knee injury in college was a godsend to us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...