Okay... it has to be Josh Allen

JetFanatic

On 1/17/2019 at 8:10 AM, Sarge4Tide said:

I think it will be / should be Allen, but In moving to a 4-3, I think that puts Defensive Tackle in play.  Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, or maybe Dexter Lawrence

Also think offensive tackle is in play if one of them emerges as head and shoulders above the other in the draft build up

I can definitely see the pick being Q. Williams and I wouldn't be mad at that so long as the other needs are met in FA.  Q. Williams is going to be a force in the NFL

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

I agree.  If the Jets were to manage to sign Trey Flowers and Donte Fowler or Ray or Barrett then I'm all for drafting Jonah with the #3 pick.

Fowler is a headcase problem child and his production has been sporadic at best

Jets need 2 pass rushing OLBs.  Only way I’d be cool with signing Fowler is if we also drafted Allen which will probably happen because it looks like the hype machine will cause Haskins to go 2nd overall

I just don't see the relevance in projecting the #3 draft pick without first projecting free agent signings.  If Mac is able to land Dee Ford, DeMarcus Lawrence or even Anthony Barr/Shaquil Barrett/Dante Fowler, I don't think Allen will be a priority.  If he signs Trent Brown at LT, then I think Jonah is completely out of the equation and Mac goes for a later round prospect.  

• I think the first thing Mac does in free agency is go after a quality center, a position he has completely ignored for far too long.  Mac signs Matt Paradis.
  • Going to a 4-3 he then goes after a DL.  Mac signs Grady Jarrett.
  • To at least partially address OLB/pass rusher, Mac will go after a tier 2 guy.  Mac signs Anthony Barr AND Shaquil Barrett.
  • Wide receiver depth must be addressed and there are no #1 types out there.  Mac gets his slot guy.  Mac signs Adam Humphries.
  • Hoping to land his LT for the next 5-7 years, Mac goes big-time hunting for his guy.  Mac signs Trent Brown.
  • Mac hopes to further solidify his front seven and he targets another Pat.  Mac signs Trey Flowers.

This haul opens up many options for the draft.  Greedy Williams will be an option.  So will trading down to the 6-10 range to get a wide receiver like N'Keal Harry.  In all likelihood Mac sits and waits at #3 in hopes of nabbing Quinen Williams and his dream comes true.  Imagine a front four of Q, Leo, Flowers and Jarrett!  Mac hopes his dream of 'Build It And They Will Come" pertains to building this group so the sacks will come.  He does and they will.

Rounds 3-4 will focus on CB, WR and RB.

I’d be happy with either, but I’m leaning towards Williams, simply because the OL is in more desperate need of an upgrade. I’m hoping we can trade down but doubt it since there really doesn’t seem to be a must have player with the #3 pick that teams would be willing to trade draft capital for this year

On 1/16/2019 at 9:54 PM, JetFanatic said:

De.  While I understand the importance of the LT position especially with having Darnold I just think the gap between needing a LT and needing a pass rusher is gigantic with this roster.  I

I agree with this statement except in reverse of you. I don't think for the Jets in their situation that edge rusher (which are VERY risky picks) is not even in the same world of importance as a high level OLineman. Not  even remotely close. Their is this weird thing among many here that it seems many are still more concerned with plugging holes in the defense, whether that be edge or end for 4-3 transition than actually protecting Sam Darnold. I dont get it to be perfectly frank.

Archived