Way too early KIPER MOCK 1.0

prime21

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

Crazy Eyes won't allow it.  We are getting offense.

The head coach of the defense will be doing his own lobbying for the pick, and will likely have the BAP argument on his side when pitching his case to Mac. 

1 hour ago, varjet said:

If no QB goes 1 and 2, there is no way we can't trade that pick to either Jax or the Giants.  

Don't see right now why a QB hungry team would have to trade ahead of the Raiders and Bucs to take a QB. It's the Bucs who are in the trade-down catbird seat. Jets might have to take a discount vs. the infamous draft pick trade value chart if they're that eager to move. 

Wonder how true Tony Paulines report is that dozens of scouts are saying Jonah Williams isn't a top 10 pick and his highest grade is mid first round with some saying early 2. Hes not in Mcshays top 10 either, will be interesting to see how the process shakes out and were he ends up after the combine. I want offense as much as anyone but surely he wont be the pick at #3 if he ends up projected a mid first rounder. That would be silly. Drafting the best defender and signing OL and drafting 2 OL in round 3 would be better in that scenario

20 minutes ago, slats said:

Don't see right now why a QB hungry team would have to trade ahead of the Raiders and Bucs to take a QB. It's the Bucs who are in the trade-down catbird seat. Jets might have to take a discount vs. the infamous draft pick trade value chart if they're that eager to move. 

Disagree with this. If Haskins is widely regarded as worthy of a top 5 pick by QB-needy teams, which I think he will be, the team in the catbird seat will be the highest one that puts up the FOR SALE sign. If Arizona goes with Bosa, as everyone expects, I think that team will end up being either the 49ers or Jets.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-jaguars-dolphins-trade-into-top-five-broncos-snag-qb-at-end-of-round-1/

Jets trade down with Jacksonville in this mock and get a second reounder.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars (NYJ mock trade)

Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State. If the Jaguars want to ensure they get their preferred quarterback, this is at least as far as they need to move. Each of the next three teams probably think they're set at quarterback for 2019, but if Haskins blows the doors off the predraft process, who knows? Unless every quarterback falls flat over the next few months, expect some jockeying at the top of the draft to grab the No. 1 option. With this trade, the Jets help offset the cost it took to move up for Sam Darnold last year.

7. New York Jets (JAC mock trade)

Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson.  The Jets would do well to sit at No. 3 and take Allen, but if a QB-needy team bowls them over with a trade offer, why not recoup some of the draft capital they spent trading up for Sam Darnold last year? Ferrell has 36.5 tackles for loss and 21 sacks over his last two seasons, but he's also an excellent run defender and would give New York a three-down talent on the edge.

8 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Disagree with this. If Haskins is widely regarded as worthy of a top 5 pick by QB-needy teams, which I think he will be, the team in the catbird seat will be the highest one that puts up the FOR SALE sign. If Arizona goes with Bosa, as everyone expects, I think that team will end up being either the 49ers or Jets.

It's gonna come down to supply, demand, and how these QBs come out of the evaluation process. One of these QB hungry teams is gonna spend on Foles. Bridgewater will be in the mix to at least compete somewhere. 

IMO, Jets will have to sell the pick because the Raiders and Bucs aren't likely to be drafting QBs. But I hear you, a nervous team in love with a QB could want to pull the trigger ASAP. 

40 minutes ago, 19andOhWait said:

thanks for posting. Leonard and Quinnen would be formidable. but man do we need an Edge rusher.

Raiders killed this too. 

How long have we been hearing this?  Oh man, Sheldon and Mo will be formidable, oh man Colpes and Mo will be formidable, oh man Leo and Mo will be formidable, oh man Sheldon, Mo and Leo will be formidable.  This needs to stop.  

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont believe Greedy is a reach.  I think he's every bit a Jalen Ramsey.

Devin White?  Seriously?  An ILB at 3 overall?  My gawd man

it's ballsy but these guys like willis and ray lewis fall to the teens and 20s but end up being awesome players

what I want to avoid is the Robert Gallery situation. Jonah Williams could very well be a guard. 

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont believe Greedy is a reach.  I think he's every bit a Jalen Ramsey.

Devin White?  Seriously?  An ILB at 3 overall?  My gawd man

I’d rather Byron Murphy, but the outrage over taking a corner at 3 isn’t something Maccagnan will want to go through.  

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's ballsy but these guys like willis and ray lewis fall to the teens and 20s but end up being awesome players

what I want to avoid is the Robert Gallery situation. Jonah Williams could very well be a guard. 

Avery Williamson is an awesome player.  I'm perfectly fine with him holding it down.

Greedy Williams is going to be a lockdown corner in the league.  His value is infinitely more than White tackling people. 

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I’d rather Byron Murphy, but the outrage over taking a corner at 3 isn’t something Maccagnan will want to go through.  

I wouldnt be outraged at all.  IMO he's every bit a Ward or Ramsey (both top 5 picks who had 2 career INT's in the college), Greedy has 8.  

If Williams can get the most out of Tru, that would be a very formidable pair of corners and I'd have no problem with taking a premium position at #3.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Avery Williamson is an awesome player.  I'm perfectly fine with him holding it down.

Greedy Williams is going to be a lockdown corner in the league.  His value is infinitely more than White tackling people. 

The pity is that the Jets need a corner as well (could use an upgrade everywhere really) but it’s a tough pill to swallow because the Jets suck so bad at drafting corners after Revis. 

1 minute ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I’m surprised ed oliver’s stock isn’t higher in these mocks. I get that he had the blowup, injury, and sitting out issue this year, but i don’t see how it is a slam dunk that quinnen williams is just better. I think they both are going to be quite good. 

I think it's a combo of all that and just never really getting to the QB and when he did, it was against piss poor competition.

Just now, JiF said:

I wouldnt be outraged at all.  IMO he's every bit a Ward or Ramsey (both top 5 picks who had 2 career INT's in the college), Greedy has 8.  

If Williams can get the most out of Tru, that would be a very formidable pair of corners and I'd have no problem with taking a premium position at #3.

I’d rather a CB than an interior D-lineman as well.  Just not sure what one I would want.  

Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

The pity is that the Jets need a corner as well (could use an upgrade everywhere really) but it’s a tough pill to swallow because the Jets suck so bad at drafting corners after Revis. 

Kyle Wilson was unfortunate but he was part of the best secondary in the league for many years.  And while Dee Milliner was a monster bust, there were red flags all over the place with him and Dexter McDougle...the other dudes are late round fliers.

Greedy has it all and would be the best rated CB we've taken since Revis.  Tall, long, fluid, can press, play the ball...the kid's a beast.  Needs to play the run better but you take the good with the bad. 8 picks in 2 years...kid can track it down very well. 

Archived