Daniel Jeremiah wild mock draft

nico002

Allen kicked a lot of ass this year, but he’s a senior who was kind of a late bloomer, which makes you think there’s a sh*t-ton of steroids involved. Still, I’m curious what his combine looks like. If he’s 4.6/35”+/sub-7 three-cone, he could go first overall and, barring Bosa dropping, should absolutely be our pick.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Allen kicked a lot of ass this year, but he’s a senior who was kind of a late bloomer, which makes you think there’s a sh*t-ton of steroids involved. Still, I’m curious what his combine looks like. If he’s 4.6/35”+/sub-7 three-cone, he could go first overall and, barring Bosa dropping, should absolutely be our pick.

interesting. myself and at least one or two others think Mr keloid Scars

l3nyrxT2EHp6x4j8f2NEC-K7RhoTRC5pOj1iL9tX

and cringe.

its not a prediction, just...   oh so SOJ-wary

Not worried about Bosa’s injury history?  His dad and brother have had the same type of nagging injury issues too.  Worrisome.  

Could be.  Or it could be a sh*t ton of hard work over the past 3 years.  Or a bit of both.  But however it happened, the kid has certainly transformed himself during his 4 years at Kentucky.

DsOPFhRXcAIjH19.jpg:large

41 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Not worried about Bosa’s injury history?  His dad and brother have had the same type of nagging injury issues too.  Worrisome.  

If Ohio State was in the playoff, he would've played. If he's there he's the pick. But doubt he's going to drop to 3. 

24 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I want Jonah Williams. Then get pass rusher next.

I second that. Depending on what we do in FA it should be all about the OL this year in the draft. It will change everything for Sam and the running game.  I'm nervous with all of this DL talk. 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Could be.  Or it could be a sh*t ton of hard work over the past 3 years.  Or a bit of both.  But however it happened, the kid has certainly transformed himself during his 4 years at Kentucky.

Is that even the same guy?  Did he have facial reconstructive surgery too?  I'm seeing a different nose, lips and eyebrows.

The eyes look the same, just a bit sleepy and baggy now.  

Dis guy might be in the program...

1 hour ago, Lith said:

What is commendable about Allen is that despite his already lofty draft expectations, he played in his teams bowl game and will be playing in the Senior Bowl next week.  In a time when guys are skipping regular season games and skipping months of their seasons, Allen still wants to play.   That says something about his desire to play.  

25 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

What is commendable about Allen is that despite his already lofty draft expectations, he played in his teams bowl game and will be playing in the Senior Bowl next week.  In a time when guys are skipping regular season games and skipping months of their seasons, Allen still wants to play.   That says something about his desire to play.  

I heard he was skipping the Sr Bowl on Ledyard's podcast the other day. 

Edit -- confirmation from Jim Nagy, Sr Bowl Director

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Damn.  Didn’t see that.  He would have been a good test for those OTs in practice.  Oh well.  

Yup, but he really would have had little to gain.  He has proven himself against top tier college talent.  Already likely top 3.  Teams that want to talk to him will come find him at the Combine or his Pro Day.  Probably a wise business decision for him (or his agent).

Just now, Lith said:

Yup, but he really would have had little to gain.  He has proven himself against top tier college talent.  Already likely top 3.  Teams that want to talk to him will come find him at the Combine or his Pro Day.  Probably a wise business decision for him (or his agent).

Very true.  I was just being selfish in wanting to see him go one on one with some of the OTs next week.  

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Yes....and a great decision for the OT's as well. Will put $ in their pockets by not getting abused every day in practice for a week.?

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I hate to pull the scheme card, but if we are indeed committing to a 4-3 (which i think we one way or another pick a scheme and stop fcking around), then suddenly Allen drops a few notches in my books. He was my top choice at #3, but as pure 4-3 DE... that's not getting your mileage out of J.A.

4 hours ago, TNJet said:

I want Jonah Williams. Then get pass rusher next.

I do too BUT we are in a position to maybe grab Allen who would probably be the best pass rusher we’ve had since Abraham. Would be hard pressed to pass that up. If he’s gone, then trade back and collect picks and take best OL available.  If he’s gone, and you can’t trade back, F it and take Jonah. Any of those scenarios works for me.

5 hours ago, Lith said:

IDK, the last Kentucky stud we picked this high did not turn out so hot.

Archived