973 yards rushing

4.5 avg

12 touchdowns

497 yards receiving

9 avg

1 touchdown

More than a great story. That is solid production for 13 games

I said he did well early.  

The run game was not the same.  Andmthey wound up bottom of the league in rusher yards per game.  

He was a real good prospect before his cancer.  He's a great story.  But he's not Bell.  Even if he was, what's that mean?  Because they've had two great backs who are productive we shouldn't sign one? 

21 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

WR1 is NOT the only FA or draft hole. The totality of the picture is important

It's all conjecture of course until after we get through the first couple waves of FA... but speaking from a supply/demand commodity perspective, you can address the Dline and pass rush this year with considerable more ease than you can WR... and to take that one step further, you're far more likely to find some cornerstone pieces that route for the defense, than wide receivers... those true WR1s never make it to market. 

22 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Seriously, who exactly would we be passing on that is such a no-brainer anyway?   Another DT?  Please.   This franchise has neglected WRs in the draft more than any other franchise in the league, it’s not even close.  

I don't think we have neglected WR in the draft.  We just drafted terrible WR in rounds 2-4  (e.g., Devin Smith, Adarius Stewart, Stephen Hill, Chad Hensen, Jalen Saunders, Shaquelle Evans).  Seven of the top 10 receivers in the league this year were selected in rounds 2-3.  JUST DRAFT BETTER PLAYERS.

2 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I don't think we have neglected WR in the draft.  We just drafted terrible WR in rounds 2-4.  Seven of the top 10 receivers in the league this year were not selected in rounds 2-3.  JUST DRAFT BETTER PLAYERS.

No.  They have neglected the position in the draft.  Go back and actually look at how many receivers they have drafted in the last 20 years.  It’s the fewest by far.  

On 1/19/2019 at 7:49 AM, kevinc855 said:

Our WR were a huge let down this year. They ran bad routes and could not seem to get open. Robby came on finally late in the season but was invisible most of it. The rest were all pretty insignificant. 

The thing is it looks like we will address edge rusher and o line in the draft...as we should but the WR FA market is slim picking this year? So what’s the game plan at receiver folks? I honestly don’t know. Don’t know about you but I’m not overly excited to get 31 year old golden Tate who is rated the top Avialbale wr in fa

Pryor? 

21 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

No.  They have neglected the position in the draft.  Go back and actually look at how many receivers they have drafted in the last 20 years.  It’s the fewest by far.  

Let's go back over the last six years.  Let's take the Chiefs, one of the best offenses in the NFL to start.  In the last six years they have drafted four WR, none higher than round three.  The Pats drafted seven in the last six years, one in round two and the rest fourth round and later.  The Seahawks selected seven in that timeframe including one in the first and the rest in rounds three and later.  In the last six years the Jets have selected nine WR; two in round two, two in round three and two in round four and three in rounds five-seven.  We drafted three in 2014 alone.  

The problem is all of them except Quincy sucked.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I said he did well early.  

The run game was not the same.  Andmthey wound up bottom of the league in rusher yards per game.  

He was a real good prospect before his cancer.  He's a great story.  But he's not Bell.  Even if he was, what's that mean?  Because they've had two great backs who are productive we shouldn't sign one? 

His numbers are comparable to Bell. An injury tends to slow someone down.

I never said that we should have a productive back.

Bell's price tag doesn't match his production, or value to the team. I'd gladly take Bell on a reasonable contract. The front end of his contract might be tolerable, but years 3 and 4 are going to wreck the cap if he falls off like most modern running backs do. See: Demarco Murray.

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

His numbers are comparable to Bell. An injury tends to slow someone down.

I never said that we should have a productive back.

Bell's price tag doesn't match his production, or value to the team. I'd gladly take Bell on a reasonable contract. The front end of his contract might be tolerable, but years 3 and 4 are going to wreck the cap if he falls off like most modern running backs do. See: Demarco Murray.

He had ONE season. His production, one seasons worth is comparable, yes. 

Agree

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

The problem is all of them except Quincy sucked.

with the Jets OL and QB situation over this period, it certainly clouds the assessment.

IMO, the offensive coordination has been terrible since 2010, the last time anyone was successful running a "Ground and Pound" offense. LOLOLOL

29 minutes ago, phill1c said:

with the Jets OL and QB situation over this period, it certainly clouds the assessment.

IMO, the offensive coordination has been terrible since 2010, the last time anyone was successful running a "Ground and Pound" offense. LOLOLOL

The fact that not one of the eight did ANYTHING on any other team speaks for itself.

Archived