What are we doing at WR this offseason

kevinc855

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

First off, just to get it straight, his college issues were with a woman.  

Anderson was exonerated by the police.  He didn't beat down anyone.  I've been ticketed for speeding.  Never touched a woman, kicked her, beat her.   

Was just wondering what you accepted before it crossed the line. The NFL and sports in general are loaded with assholes and thugs. 

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Sure. But finding a “true #1” is much easier said than done. Not happening this offseason/draft

And without that guy this is a below average corp.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

Wayne Chrebet - undrafted, Antonio Brown (6th round), TY Hilton (3rd round), Steve Smith, Terrell Owens, Steve Largent, T. J. Houshmandzadeh,  Stevie Johnson, etc. etc - third round and beyond picks. We can find a solid WR this year, especially if we trade back in the first round.

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Hopefully it doesn’t cost them a Super Bowl

Well it didn’t cost them the last 5-6 games nor’ did it cost them the Divisonal Round. That offense is stacked to an ungodly level and on top of that is being coached by an elite player caller. Damien Williams has produced fine in place of Hunt.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well it didn’t cost them the last 5-6 games nor’ did it cost them the Divisonal Round. That offense is stacked to an ungodly level and on top of that is being coached by an elite player caller. Damien Williams has produced fine in place of Hunt.

They have two more games to go

10 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Hopefully it doesn’t cost them a Super Bowl

Actually I hope he didn't cost them a SB.  He wasnt playing this season after he beat down that girl.  His actions, not the Chiefs   If they didn't cut him he wasnt playing anyway. 

He did it, not KC.  

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

He was suspended, is doing therapy and is paying the price of his actions. He deserves a second chance and as far as just football it’s a no brainer. He’s a beast on (and off) the field. Excellent running, excellent receiver and he can block. He’ll also have something to prove and will be a lot cheaper then Bell plus a lot younger. It’s Hunt 1000 times over Bell. 

I really want Bell, I think he's probably the dual threat weapon we need for this offense to get to the next level. That said, you make some good points about Hunt. The problems are, will teams know how long he will be suspended, and isn't he now a free agent, since no team claimed him? I understand there will be teams who won't want to go near him, but as long as some are willing to take the publicity hit, how much cheaper would he be then Bell?

16 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I really want Bell, I think he's probably the dual threat weapon we need for this offense to get to the next level. That said, you make some good points about Hunt. The problems are, will teams know how long he will be suspended, and isn't he now a free agent, since no team claimed him? I understand there will be teams who won't want to go near him, but as long as some are willing to take the publicity hit, how much cheaper would he be then Bell?

On field they’re pretty much the same. Hunt is almost 5 years younger and much cheaper. I’m thinking he’ll get 4/8 games but he’ll be ready for the second half of the season when it’s important and we’ll rested. 

FDA2089F-7838-4023-9A85-76880CEF369F.png

B5BA40A1-B401-4411-A976-5C744B20DB9D.png

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is why we probably should have let Enunwa walk.  We're about to devote 7, maybe even 8 roster spots to the WR position. 

I'm not following your logic here. On one hand you're not happy about us re signing the player who, when healthy (I know he hasn't been often lol) our BEST WR. On the other hand, you're concerned we might have trouble signing talented WRs? I could understand if you're unhappy with the contract he got, even though I think it will end up looking like a bargain come April, but to be upset he's back? With all the other unknowns we have at the position? I'd let the Peake-type guy go well before the Enunwa.

16 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

On field they’re pretty much the same. Hunt is almost 5 years younger and much cheaper. I’m thinking he’ll get 4/8 games but he’ll be ready for the second half of the season when it’s important and we’ll rested. 

FDA2089F-7838-4023-9A85-76880CEF369F.png

B5BA40A1-B401-4411-A976-5C744B20DB9D.png

Like I said, I'd love to get Hunt, I agree with you that Hunt is younger, and would produce what Bell would. But I'm not sure how much cheaper he'll end up being. You didn't address my point about him probably being a UFA or not. If he is, he's going to get a lot of money from someone. That issue of him being a free agent is something I'd like someone who knows for sure to please fill us in on.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Like I said, I'd love to get Hunt, I agree with you that Hunt is younger, and would produce what Bell would. But I'm not sure how much cheaper he'll end up being. You didn't address my point about him probably being a UFA. If he is, he's going to get a lot of money from someone. That issue of him being a free agent is something I'd like someone who knows for sure fill us in on.

He’ll be cheaper then Bell is the point and available for more years. 

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

Being the WR junkie that I am, clearly i'll be posting 1000 times in this thread. 

I'd pass on all of those. I think Burnett can develop into a long term solution at slot -- making all of these redundant. Crowder's a bust. Health will run him out of the league in 2 years. 

Wha? No 

I'm not following your logic here. On one hand you're not happy about us re signing the player who, when healthy (I know he hasn't been often lol) our BEST WR. On the other hand, you're concerned we might have trouble signing talented WRs? I could understand if you're unhappy with the contract he got, even though I think it will end up looking like a bargain come April, but to be upset he's back? With all the other unknowns we have at the position? I'd let the Peake-type guy go well before the Enunwa.

Enunwa is a little above replacement level and is always hurt. So, yes, I’ll reiterate that I’d have let him walk.

12 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Like I said, I'd love to get Hunt, I agree with you that Hunt is younger, and would produce what Bell would. But I'm not sure how much cheaper he'll end up being. You didn't address my point about him probably being a UFA or not. If he is, he's going to get a lot of money from someone. That issue of him being a free agent is something I'd like someone who knows for sure to please fill us in on.

Hunt is a free agent, but currently on the suspended list. So any team can sign him, but he can't train / play / take part in any team activities.

16 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Just watch. That pick would be met with "Macc does not understand value". Just saying.

It is easy to mock and pick, when it does not have to meet the scrutiny of fans, pundits, and time. 

And I like Metcalf. But not at 3.

I wouldn’t have problem trading down and taking DK or Harry  . Especially if it nets a extra first next year and a 2nd rd pick this year . 

13 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

He actually is a WR, in addition to a RB. He can play in the backfield, slot or outside. We need this player. 

Omg, as a long time Jet fan & watching this sh*tshow offense for the last 9 years just the thought of seeing Bell in the backfield & then see him go in motion and line up wide as a WR while watching opposing defenses going through the Chinese fire drill makes me giddy as hell.

31 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I wouldn’t have problem trading down and taking DK or Harry  . Especially if it nets a extra first next year and a 2nd rd pick this year . 

ABSOLUTELY! I'd love to trade back a bit & end up with Clelin Farrell for Williams 4-3 after we've inked Jadaveon Clowney! Bookends Clowney/Farrell, 2nd round WR (My dream is with get Samuel with that 2nd round pick)

Anderson-Enunwa- Burnett- Samuel- Bell- McGuire-Cannon. 

22 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And Conner was not Bell.  

He was a nice story, a great story for a couple of weeks.  But ultimately hes no Bell and that the Steelers were at the bottom of the yards rushing per game list tells you that. 

13 games:

973 yards rushing

4.5 avg

12 touchdowns

497 yards receiving

9 avg

1 touchdown

More than a great story. That is solid production for 13 games

21 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ok

First please let me know which post I butt fumbled you on because I deliberately don't do that and want to undo that.

Second no Connor didn't step in to Bell's shoes. I truly believe if Bell were running the rock they wouldn't have been on the outside looking in at the playoffs.

IMO I believe that in the NFL over time big time players are the ones who help teams consistently win and perform at a high level on the biggest stages. 

We are going to have to agree to disagree about Conner. While Bell is a superior player, his 2017 stats do not blow away Conner's stats. Adjust Conner's 13 games to Bell's 15, and you have comparable stats. My point is that Bell is not worth the salary that he will command. I'd much rather overspend on offensive lline, if anything. Bell taking snaps from Big Ben and playing along side of Antonio Brown wasn't enough to make it to a Super Bowl. Why would Bell taking snaps from Darnold and playing along side of Anderson and Enunwa give you the confidience that we are going anywhere? Bell makes the team better, but not 15 million a year better, and I'm not sure if I want Bell's attitude corrupting the locker room. Also, Bell is not a young buck anymore. If he wanted to take a two year contrect, I might change my tune, slightly.

Archived