Happy Birhday Janis Joplan

Thai Jet

I always thought of Bill Graham (the Fillmore guy) introducing BB&THC; "Four Gentlemen and One Great Great Broad" (OK different times)

Bette Midler did an amazing job in a tribute movie "The Rose" for anyone who hasn't seen it. It was originally going to be more obvious who it was emulating but it was too soon after her passing to do that

Joplin, Holiday, Fitzgerald and Franklin ruined female vocals forever for me (except maybe Clair Torrey's work on DSOTM and Ursula Dudziak)

I often wondered where Jimi and Janis would have moved if they lived (Morrison just should not be mentioned on the same breath, sorry Doors fans). Note that the record company fired the crappy but edgy blues band she had and toned down her act with the smoother horn band of the last album and way less blues, which was where she lived. 

I would give a body part to gig with some one like Janis. Happy birthday lady.

Also Thai Jet gets 1000 points for reminding us, Guess Buffalo winters don't freeze the brain after all :)

14 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

I always thought of Bill Graham (the Fillmore guy) introducing BB&THC; "Four Gentlemen and One Great Great Broad" (OK different times)

Bette Midler did an amazing job in a tribute movie "The Rose" for anyone who hasn't seen it. It was originally going to be more obvious who it was emulating but it was too soon after her passing to do that

Joplin, Holiday, Fitzgerald and Franklin ruined female vocals forever for me (except maybe Clair Torrey's work on DSOTM and Ursula Dudziak)

I often wondered where Jimi and Janis would have moved if they lived (Morrison just should not be mentioned on the same breath, sorry Doors fans). Note that the record company fired the crappy but edgy blues band she had and toned down her act with the smoother horn band of the last album and way less blues, which was where she lived. 

I would give a body part to gig with some one like Janis. Happy birthday lady. 

Also Thai Jet gets 1000 points for reminding us, Guess Buffalo winters don't freeze the brain after all :)

Amen. It would be fabulous.

Archived