Do the Jets roll the dice and pursue Kareem Hunt?

I'd take him in a second, but two things concern me. Will you know how long his suspension will be before you sign him? The other is I think he's now a UFA, since no team claimed him this past season. If he is, and there are teams willing to take the publicity hit, won't he be almost as expensive as Bell considering his age and talent?

If properly vetted and the FO feels it's unlikely to recur, sure. If he serves his suspension and the league says he can work, I have no issues with him playing here. We've weathered the storm with signing Vick and others, wouldn't be the first. I think equally as little, maybe less, about Roethlisberger, but would have enjoyed watching him win superbowls here. 

• Upvote 2

The NY Jets formula that they've been using for the last 50 years hasn't worked out too well.  

This kid made a terrible mistake and will live with it the rest of his life. 

We need a RB and he needs a second chance. 

Hunt and Bell superstar RB's with baggage the choice is deal with or not. 

The decision is in the NY Jets organizations hands. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Absolutely without even thinking about it. We’ve been going back and forth about it in the WR thread. He’s a top 3 RB, is young, will be on his best behavior and sign for cheap. 

He's not even in his prime yet. I think he's worth the risk even if given a 4 game suspension.

1 hour ago, FlightBoyz said:

Hunt is obviously a talented back. Only 23 years old. Perfect RB to pair with Sam & will cost next to nothing. But the baggage is there. Dont know how things will shake out legally & could face suspension. Is he worth a look?

You should of added a poll. This board loves polls. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Absolutely without even thinking about it. We’ve been going back and forth about it in the WR thread. He’s a top 3 RB, is young, will be on his best behavior and sign for cheap. 

It's probably his "best" behavior that we should be worried about...…  "will work for food and a retainer"

• Upvote 1

If he has attended counseling and accepts whatever punishment the nfl hands down, i say take him. I’m curious if he’ll get some sort of “time served” deal, since he was cut during the season and the team is still playing. I think it’s a total of 6 games he has missed?

plus, we could probably get him on a relatively cheap, short term deal. Even $8-10M is a bargain for him. He’ll play like an animal while he tries to maximize his value for another contract in his mid 20s. 

I don’t support violence, and I saw the film. What he did was stupid, but he was hardly the only person at fault in that incident. The most violent act in that scene was when he pushed another man who fell into the woman causing her to collide with a wall. The “kick” was a laughable butt tap causing her to topple. Judging by her continued pursuit to get in his face, I’d say she was looking for a payout or saying some really nasty things that would cause ANY 23 yo person (especially if intoxicated) to act the way he did. 

We should sign this beast for short money and laugh our way to the playoffs.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

If I were the NFL I'd do this:

1) Force Hunt to do XX amount of hours working with battered women

2) Hunt should come out and offer to donate to one of these organizations

The NFL has a terrible image with these issues, use this as an opportunity to get a star back into the league while bringing active awareness to domestic violence. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, EM31 said:

I would go for it

I saw your response, looked to my left........saw your Avatar pic.......... and thought yes I would too.... :) 

Oh and based on what I have seen I would be alright with Hunt joining the Jets.

Though the Jets as an organization may be shy.  Don't forget the female reporter incident and the cheerleader suit.  

Just some thoughts...