Do the Jets roll the dice and pursue Kareem Hunt?

29 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think the thing that gives me the most pause isn't even just his actions.  It's the fact that he has a 'posse' (term as described in the articles I've read) that contributed to the whole chain of events.  The issue for me is that unless he willingly separates himself from that, it seems highly unlikely anything will change for the better.   I don't know a thing about them but they certainly have no incentive to change their behavior.  We've seen this movie before.  I don't care to watch it again in a Jets uniform this time.   

Having a "posse" when you are a professional is another bad decision. 

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

so somehow eating meat and breeding animals in a cruel way to make them vicious enough to try to tear eachother apart for entertainment purposes, and then drowning (or killing in some other way)the ones who don't perform well enough in the fights, is kinda the same thing? i get it, the animals have to be slaughtered and aren't bred in loving conditions......still not even close to the same thing. 

In many cases the suffering is much greater for the ones bred for food.  Castrated without anesthesia, children taken from parents, locked in captivity for years at a time (sometimes very tight captivity and for their entire lives), branding with hot irons, scalding hot water, electric prods, ears mutilated, teeth cut, tails twisted off, horns burned off, feathers ripped out of their body, knife to the throat, gas chamber, etc.

First of all, I don't know enough about Leveon Bell to do an honest, side by side, card stacking comparison between Bell and Hunt. What I do know is Bell's asking price is extremely high. I hear he's worth it and I know the Jets are in desperate need of offensive talent. Except at a potential going rate of 16 or 17 million per, that would decimate Mac's "war chest" he has accumulated. 

Kareem Hunt, on the other hand, is a very young but still ascending tremendous talent albeit with the worst reputation this side of Aaron Hernandez and Ray Rice. Mac gets to sign this kid on the cheap. Totally incentive based contract providing the kid with an opportunity to improve his reputation. The key here is ASCENDING? We don't know how good this kid can become. He may not be as good as Bell but he's a very desirable talent for a team like the Jets. A player that could, and I emphasized COULD, end up being an equal to Bell?

I also look at how many needs the Jets have and I'm honestly not sure they have enough money to fulfill all of them? The key is being a smart shopper. Kareem Hunt is a smart move IMO? The thing is he's never had a problem being a teammate and he's a very talented individual. His problems are exclusively tied a sole moment IGNORANCE. I'll tell you honestly I think he's a scumbag but everyone knows some team is going to sign him.

The biggest issue I see with this is him being in a very progressive women's rights march kind of place. This could be a PR nightmare for the Jets especially if he hits another woman? 

So honestly I look at the pluses and minuses of acquiring Kareem Hunt and I think it would be a good risk with enormous upside.

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The dude is dealing with 3 separate off the field incidents.  NO.  Do you really want a guy who will miss a minimum of 4 games to start the season? 

3 issues? What are they? I thought it was just him hitting a woman in a hotel?

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hated when we signed Vick too but let me ask - do you eat chicken, burgers, steak, fish, bacon, etc? 

As far as I know, Michael Vick wasn't raising  Pit Bulls as  livestock.  I am a Chef, and before I prepare a meal of fish, pork, beef or fish,  I don't require the ingredients to have a "fight to the death" first.   I don't eat my pets either.  I consider the animals that I consume,  but don't feel like being a Vegetarian or Vegan is for me,  I'm a big enough pain in the ass as it is.   I like salad and vegetables,  but not that much.

I don’t support violence, and I saw the film. What he did was stupid, but he was hardly the only person at fault in that incident. The most violent act in that scene was when he pushed another man who fell into the woman causing her to collide with a wall. The “kick” was a laughable butt tap causing her to topple. Judging by her continued pursuit to get in his face, I’d say she was looking for a payout or saying some really nasty things that would cause ANY 23 yo person (especially if intoxicated) to act the way he did. 
[/url] We should sign this beast for short money and laugh our way to the playoffs.

I haven’t seen this video before.

If it’s true this woman called him the “N” word. And she acted like she did. I think he actually showed some restraint.

Would you prefer he just walk away? Sure.

But this incident shouldn’t prevent the Jets from signing him.

Would much rather him cheap than an expensive Bell.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

19 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

As far as I know, Michael Vick wasn't raising  Pit Bulls as  livestock.  I am a Chef, and before I prepare a meal of fish, pork, beef or fish,  I don't require the ingredients to have a "fight to the death" first.   I don't eat my pets either.  I consider the animals that I consume,  but don't feel like being a Vegetarian or Vegan is for me,  I'm a big enough pain in the ass as it is.   I like salad and vegetables,  but not that much.

I hear you.  It's not easy to change your diet that dramatically when you've eaten it your whole life.  I'm just saying that we're pretty much all hypocrites (myself included) when it comes to Michael Vick. 

I don't think you'd have to break the bank on him. And you'd fill the contract with contingencies. BUT you gotta be confident you know how your locker room will react, how you'll handle the PR, how you'll handle him if something else comes up. 

You need a lot of back up plans for this one guy, while he's talented, not so sure it's worth it.  

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

From an article on NFL.com this AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011677/article/kareem-hunts-fate-likely-to-be-known-by-free-agency

Along with the assault on a female in a Cleveland area hotel from last February, there is also an apparent altercation at a club and an incident where he allegedly punched a man at a resort. The league has bundled those three offenses into one case.

• Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hear you.  It's not easy to change your diet that dramatically when you've eaten it your whole life.  I'm just saying that we're pretty much all hypocrites (myself included) when it comes to Michael Vick. 

We have no issue, you and I.  I just want you to consider this;  You and I did not "create" Michael Vick.  He did that.  If any one is the "hypocrite" it's him.  The things he said and did in order to "resurrect" his career were just that,  The "Dogfighting was a part of my culture growing up" bullsh*t excuse clarifies that.  People that can torture and kill dogs, for fun or sport, are in my opinion, morally flawed.  That can't be changed by volunteering at the ASPCA, or having a press conference.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011677/article/kareem-hunts-fate-likely-to-be-known-by-free-agency%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%253Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%253Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=plyr%253Ddamien_williams&sr=amp

Meanwhile, the NFL's investigation into three incidents involving Hunt continues. While there is no official deadline -- being thorough is the goal -- sources say the belief is the investigations will be wrapped up before the start of free agency in March. At the very least, teams considering signing him will know what they need to know before the league year opens.

Along with the assault on a female in a Cleveland area hotel from last February, there is also an apparent altercation at a club and an incident where he allegedly punched a man at a resort. The league has bundled those three offenses into one case.

22 hours ago, FlightBoyz said:

Hunt is obviously a talented back. Only 23 years old. Perfect RB to pair with Sam & will cost next to nothing. But the baggage is there. Dont know how things will shake out legally & could face suspension. Is he worth a look?

22 hours ago, FlightBoyz said:

Hunt is obviously a talented back. Only 23 years old. Perfect RB to pair with Sam & will cost next to nothing. But the baggage is there. Dont know how things will shake out legally & could face suspension. Is he worth a look?

Yea absolutely. He helps us win. That’s the bottom line in this league 

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hated when we signed Vick too but let me ask - do you eat chicken, burgers, steak, fish, bacon, etc? 

That stupid vegan hippie crap doesn’t even make sense. Livestock is raised and killed humanely to supply humans with food. Vick and his crew killed, tortured, drowned, electrocuted, hung, beat to death, starved, etc dogs for their pleasure. It’s not even remotely the same thing. That’s honestly the dumbest ******* thing I’ve read on this site. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That’s stupid vegan hippie crap doesn’t even make sense. Livestock is raised and killed humanely to supply humans with food. Vick and his crew killed, tortured, drowned, electrocuted, hung, beat to death, starved, etc dogs for their pleasure. It’s not even remotely the same thing. That’s honestly the dumbest ******* thing I’ve read on this site. 

Consider the source and history of Threads started . . . :lol:

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Ughhhhhh are you slow? How many times have the bengals made the playoffs in the last 7 years compared to us. Be gone troll 

Lol. They have not made the playoffs since 2015. They were the wild card then and were one and done. They had a nice little run from 2011-15. They were the wild card in all those seasons and were one and done everytime. They have not won a playoff game in this century. Last win was 1990. Better than the Jets? Yes. Something to crow about? No 

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Lol. They have not made the playoffs since 2015. They were the wild card then and were one and done. They had a nice little run from 2011-15. They were the wild card in all those seasons and were one and done everytime. They have not won a playoff game in this century. Last win was 1990. Better than the Jets? Yes. Something to crow about? No 

Nice little run for 2011-2015 yea while we were perfecting the art of sucking 

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

That’s stupid vegan hippie crap doesn’t even make sense. Livestock is raised and killed humanely to supply humans with food. Vick and his crew killed, tortured, drowned, electrocuted, hung, beat to death, starved, etc dogs for their pleasure. It’s not even remotely the same thing. That’s honestly the dumbest ******* thing I’ve read on this site. 

stupidest thing.png

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

That stupid vegan hippie crap doesn’t even make sense. Livestock is raised and killed humanely to supply humans with food. Vick and his crew killed, tortured, drowned, electrocuted, hung, beat to death, starved, etc dogs for their pleasure. It’s not even remotely the same thing. That’s honestly the dumbest ******* thing I’ve read on this site. 

All this means is that you either haven’t seen what happens to livestock or you pretend it doesn’t happen. It’s not “hippie crap” at all by the way.  Would you want to switch places with these animals?   Yeah, I didn’t think so. 

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

All this means is that you either haven’t seen what happens to livestock or you pretend it doesn’t happen. It’s not “hippie crap” at all by the way.  Would you want to switch places with these animals?   Yeah, I didn’t think so. 

I worked with livestock and butchered them. I know firsthand how they’re treated, killed and processed into a delicious meals. It’s nature, it’s how it works. They die a lot better then they would if they lived wild and were ripped apart and eaten alive or die of starvation. 

37EF598E-26A5-47CD-B35E-15B233686969.jpeg

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Nice little run for 2011-2015 yea while we were perfecting the art of sucking 

Lol which is why you picked that time frame and you know it. You obviously took the time to research it and you thought you had something. Too bad the Bengals are so pathetic that their history is worse that the Jets by a long shot if you go by Franchise history. Be gone troll.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Most ignorant thing you’ve ever posted.  And I have absolutely no idea about what you’ve previously posted. 

Lol. An arrogant response from someone who cannot counter any argument at anytime. Sad really. Did you know that some of the most heinous people in history were vegetarians? Hitler was a vegetarian

In fact there are numerous articles on the 'net that link physical violence and vegetarianism and veganism. I thought these folks were peace loving, gentle people who love everyone and everything. Turns out that simply isn't true. If you are not a vegan you are the enemy according to most of the vegan movement and should be "dealt with" accordingly. Whatever that means. Imagine wanting to eliminate someone's way of life because you don't agree with it. Sounds like Vegans need to look in the mirror because their hypocrisy is showing.

• Post of the Week 1