How can any Jet fan not be excited?

Jetster

We just hired not 1 but 2 guys with Head Coaching experience. We just went to Gase (5-1) against Todd Bowles & Gregg Williams replacing Kacey Rogers. Think about that, we went from Kacey Rogers to Gregg Williams. 

Both of these guys are Alphas. Swagger with knowledge. Gase stated he wants to teach aggression, and play violent. Sam Darnold has all the tools to be an attacking type QB. You can tell Gase wants one of those offenses that when opposing teams are punting out of their own end zone it's like instant points. 

Jets could have a crazy off season if a couple of things fall into place. Fix the Oline by signing Trent Brown & Matt Paradis, sign Bell or Hunt, Sign Clowney & draft Clelin Ferrell (unless u can trade back). Those move alone in free agency & with our 1st round pick put us in contention for the division. That still leaves our two 3s, 4, 5, 6. We need to find a beast guard & a young WR with the rest of our picks. 

Plus it still leaves money to fill holes with cheaper vets in the second round of free agency. 

Clowney-Bell or Hunt- Trent Brown- Matt Paradis (4 free agents that would solidify first the needs at edge both offense & defense, center to be like Sams play caller & Bell to give Sam that threat that every defense needs to key on to make everything else easier for him.

I think this coming year will be one of the most anticipated since 1998, except instead of an older veteran QB like Testeverde as our savior, we'll be watching a 22 year old phenom who if we keep healthy will end up being a better QB than guys like Wentz, Goff, Trubiskey. 

Good timing for updated look, as the Jets will be adding a huge amount of younger fans when we start winning. I'm expecting to see a lot more Jet gear on the streets over the next 10 years.

Im not really excited. Happy is more how Ifeel that the Jets brass had a goal and stuck to it. Get an offensive  minded HC and Gregg Williams.  It's  a good start, I'll say that

On paper this looks very good. I'm just afraid the talent on D just is not that good but playing the 4-3 will benefit  certain players

I think Leo will be much better as a 4-3 interior lineman. Leo can penetrate,  we have all seen it. Lee also should improve as an OLB. I doubt  he stays in the middle

Lee has speed to spare. I think he runs a 4.4 or close to it. Aside from Adams, I really don't  know how any of them fit in. 

On O, lets be real, aside from Sam, Herndon, and maybe Anderson, we have nothing. If Gase can transform this group he would be the best hire we ever had. Bell is going to have his choice of the destinations. Seriously, would you choose a team that hasn't won more than 5 or 6 games in the last 3 years?  Maybe Hunt is a better target as he won't be pursued as much. As far as these OL, I doubt  they don't  get resigned by their teams unless they have a really good players waiting to step in. Not to say we can't  improve but Brown and Paradis seem unrealistic. 

I do think we are at least headed in a better direction. 

The Mccarthy whiplash, crazy eyes memes took a little fun out things for me 

I do like the idea of gase and Williams building systems around the players and super competitive practices 

Sam could have a big leap year and that would get everyone excited 

I'll be excited if we pass on all the big free agent guys.  Then I know we are heading in the right direction long term.

If we spend all our free agent money on guys like bell etc, we will win 10 games and everyone wil be excited.

But it will be all for not cause 2 years later, we will burnout and back to 5-11.

Taking a wait and see approach. Gase being hired didn't excite me and I wasn't too impressed with it. McCarthy wasn't the answer for me either. I feel HC's fired in season and then hired by another team the next season rarely have success. It happens but it's rare. Also we still have the same sh*tty skill players and that's a big problem. No too mention all the other problems this team has. So I'm waiting to see who they bring in in FA and who they draft but I ain't exactly sporting wood considering what they have done so far. We will see.

I am very excited & optimistic about the direction the team is headed. Got a coaching staff that is gonna be aggressive as hell. Have a young QB who's about to take his game to the next level. We have the potential to finally take this divison over. Everything is in place to do so. As long as Macc doesnt screw this opportunity up. I hope he has finally learned from his mistakes. 

49 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Personally, I am not expecting much.  Never thought much of Gase or Williams before they came to the Jets, so its hard to be excited.  

Saying that just confirms you'll always be negative. Gase was 5-1 vs Bowles (Upgrade) & he's very familiar with our division. Williams is a huge upgrade over Rogers. Gase is an offensive coach, X & O guy, and we likely have a 22 year old franchise QB.

What would have made Jet fans happy? 2 coaches with a wealth of experience & Jet fans are still yawning. 

So reading the responses, all of the negative Nancys are their collective Debbie Downer selves. It's pretty funny considering this is literally the 1st time since Namath that we have a QB (the most important piece to building a winning organization in today's NFL). We FINALLY hired an offense coach, that coach FINALLY hired a defensive coach with years of experience so the Head Coach doesn't need to be concerned with the other side of the ball. We've retained the Special Teams coach who had that unit playing the best since Westoffs best years. We have over a million dollars to spend, a top 3 draft pick. 

If your a Jet fan & that still doesn't excite you for 2019, I don't know what to tell you? You should probably just enjoy another sport. 

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

So reading the responses, all of the negative Nancys are their collective Debbie Downer selves. It's pretty funny considering this is literally the 1st time since Namath that we have a QB (the most important piece to building a winning organization in today's NFL). We FINALLY hired an offense coach, that coach FINALLY hired a defensive coach with years of experience so the Head Coach doesn't need to be concerned with the other side of the ball. We've retained the Special Teams coach who had that unit playing the best since Westoffs best years. We have over a million dollars to spend, a top 3 draft pick. 

If your a Jet fan & that still doesn't excite you for 2019, I don't know what to tell you? You should probably just enjoy another sport. 

I was laughing pretty hard too when I saw all the NEG responses.   But we are the Jets and success starts at the top.  A great QB is essential and I think we have one.  But ownership , GM are still a HUGE question mark.  Without a real organization, perhaps Darnold become a Marino. Great but nothing to show for it.  We need a FULL organization and Mac hasn't shown he can do that.

20 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I think most are just managing their own expectations.  I've seen this rodeo.  

QB looks to be the real deal and that is the most important thing - so I totally agree there. Sam gets me super excited

but... I also thought Chad was the real deal, Sanchez took us to two AFC championship games in his first two years - there was hope, not a lot but hope he would figure it out. 

We hired an offensive coach that hasn't proven to be very good at coaching offense.

We have a GM that has over $100mm in cap space and the #3 overall pick - that insists on drafting interior defensive players, is not to be a very good judge of talent and seems the lack understanding of the basic concepts of how the modern NFL game works.

So I get it and am excited - but there's certainly plenty of reason to be cautious.

56 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I’m a met/ jet fan....eternal optimist during the off-season leading to absolute sh*t...so right now I’m feeling good 

Add to that Rangers and Knicks for me and I am numb to the pain of disappointment!!!

My 55 years of life have included 50 years worth of “REBUILDS”

I am comfortably numb over Gase/Williams

There is no way Gase/Williams are as bad as Bowles/Rodgers. No way.

So on that note I am somewhat confident the NYJ will at a minimum return to respectability and become a team that other fan bases / franchises will no longer view as an automatic win when the schedules are released and analyzed.

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I was laughing pretty hard too when I saw all the NEG responses.   But we are the Jets and success starts at the top.  A great QB is essential and I think we have one.  But ownership , GM are still a HUGE question mark.  Without a real organization, perhaps Darnold become a Marino. Great but nothing to show for it.  We need a FULL organization and Mac hasn't shown he can do that.

I'm really hoping the Texans let Clowney walk. Could you imagine signing Clowney & having Nick Bosa fall to 3? Talk about bookends. I'd even take Clelin Farrell as a bookend with Clowney. If we could trade back recoup our 2 & add another 3, we could possibly still land Farrell, a stud WR, and some huge Oline Beef in the 3rd round. So many way things could go depending on free agency & those 2 QBs coming out in the draft. Pick 3 is the sweet spot for teams needing a young QB. Very interesting offseason. 

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think most are just managing their own expectations.  I've seen this rodeo.  

QB looks to be the real deal and that is the most important thing - so I totally agree there. Sam gets me super excited

but... I also thought Chad was the real deal, Sanchez took us to two AFC championship games in his first two years - there was hope, not a lot but hope he would figure it out. 

We hired an offensive coach that hasn't proven to be very good at coaching offense.

We have a GM that has over $100mm in cap space and the #3 overall pick - that insists on drafting interior defensive players, is not to be a very good judge of talent and seems the lack understanding of the basic concepts of how the modern NFL game works.

So I get it and am excited - but there's certainly plenty of reason to be cautious.

Sam Darnold made 25 throws this year that Chad Pennington & Mark Sanchez could only dream of making & he was only a 21 year old rookie, playing behind a bottom 5 Oline, with a rookie TE, an injured or missing Quincy Enunwa, a 175 LB UDFA, his UDFA buddy Burnett from USC, and a disinterested veteran who played way too much golf in the offseason in Kearse. 

Yea, I'd say Sam Darnold should move the needle with Jet fans.

IMO, hiring Gase was a smart move, yes he is a offensive coach with coaching QBs experience. I believe it was necessary for QB Sam Darnold to have a coach that can work with him on this style of offense. The next hire for defensive coordinator was not only smart but needed. Greg Williams a credited coach and his defenses have been in the top 10 in the past. With Williams coming in he will bring his 4-3 style of defense to the Jets. 

Both those coaches come in with head coaching experience and their own style of offense and defense. So far the two hires are positive which the team needs. Now lets see how the rest of the coaching staff shapes up???

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I’d be more excited if I knew a saquon Barkley or Julio jones will be waiting there for us at 3.

But instead we’re debating what defensive position to take. Again. 

I hear you, BUT if we have to settle for getting a near-Aaron Donald or Von Miller at 3...well...

88dd024b7f3e953f0902ab8fc06680ce49f59f6a

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

We just hired not 1 but 2 guys with Head Coaching experience. We just went to Gase (5-1) against Todd Bowles & Gregg Williams replacing Kacey Rogers. Think about that, we went from Kacey Rogers to Gregg Williams. 

Both of these guys are Alphas. Swagger with knowledge. Gase stated he wants to teach aggression, and play violent. Sam Darnold has all the tools to be an attacking type QB. You can tell Gase wants one of those offenses that when opposing teams are punting out of their own end zone it's like instant points. 

Jets could have a crazy off season if a couple of things fall into place. Fix the Oline by signing Trent Brown & Matt Paradis, sign Bell or Hunt, Sign Clowney & draft Clelin Ferrell (unless u can trade back). Those move alone in free agency & with our 1st round pick put us in contention for the division. That still leaves our two 3s, 4, 5, 6. We need to find a beast guard & a young WR with the rest of our picks. 

Plus it still leaves money to fill holes with cheaper vets in the second round of free agency. 

Clowney-Bell or Hunt- Trent Brown- Matt Paradis (4 free agents that would solidify first the needs at edge both offense & defense, center to be like Sams play caller & Bell to give Sam that threat that every defense needs to key on to make everything else easier for him.

I think this coming year will be one of the most anticipated since 1998, except instead of an older veteran QB like Testeverde as our savior, we'll be watching a 22 year old phenom who if we keep healthy will end up being a better QB than guys like Wentz, Goff, Trubiskey. 

Good timing for updated look, as the Jets will be adding a huge amount of younger fans when we start winning. I'm expecting to see a lot more Jet gear on the streets over the next 10 years.

Don't want Clowney at all. If Dee Ford is available from the Chiefs, I'd go all in for him.

I'm glad that the Jets Costanza'd this hire and went with an experienced head coach from the offensive side of the ball rather than giving a defensive assistant the job for the first time since Woody bought the team. But, being a Jet fan, I know the cotton uniforms are almost certain to follow. 

We have had a "culture change" every 3-4 years for the past 20+ years, with every new coach coming in with a great message, saying all the right things and raising expectations.  This regime is no different.  Talk is cheap, we need to see results.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Add to that Rangers and Knicks for me and I am numb to the pain of disappointment!!!

My 55 years of life have included 50 years worth of “REBUILDS”

I am comfortably numb over Gase/Williams

I’m a big a rangers fan, they don’t give me as much heartache as the other two, don’t know why. Seem to play to expectations or exceed, at least over the last 10 years or so

the knicks, there dead to me lol

Archived