Why no OC announcement yet?

Chris & Woody's Butler

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Bieniemy is off the table for a lot of teams based on some ugly history.  Not sure as there may be more details either way we don't know.

What I do think, and am not feeling good about, is that Loggains got interviewed by MIA for the HC spot.  Probably just a courtesy thing but until they officially say no to him, we may be on hold.  On hold for a guy who, as far as I can see, brings absolutely nothing to the table other than he and Gase get along, which apparently is an uncommon trait.  I hope I'm wrong.

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

What I do think, and am not feeling good about, is that Loggains got interviewed by MIA for the HC spot.  Probably just a courtesy thing but until they officially say no to him, we may be on hold.  

I think you're right about this.  They probably don't want to cut Loggains loose until they have Brian Flores signed.  I'm also interested to see what happens with Bates.  Wonder if Gase would consider retaining him as QB coach?

5 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I think you're right about this.  They probably don't want to cut Loggains loose until they have Brian Flores signed.  I'm also interested to see what happens with Bates.  Wonder if Gase would consider retaining him as QB coach?

Possible. Say what you want about Bates the play caller. Butbthe QB coach is responsible for mechanics, footwork, etc. The two biggest knocks on Sam Darnold coming out of college were his happy feet and his fumbling problems. Both were cleaned up nicely this season and were never an issue at all. 

29 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Hiring Dowell Loggains is like dinner at a five-star restaurant. You want to take your time with it, really savor every moment

Actually hiring Dowell Loggains is like ordering grilled cheese at a five-star restaurant. 

In Adam Gase I trust. 

OC doesn't matter. Gase is our OC. He is the one who will be installing the playbook, preparing the weekly game plans and calling the plays. Whoever he hires to be our "OC" is just going to be a friend that he trusts to repeat whatever information he wants so that the players learn the system faster. That's why he is waiting for Loggains. Loggains has done it once and can do it again. 

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

OC doesn't matter. Gase is our OC. He is the one who will be installing the playbook, preparing the weekly game plans and calling the plays. Whoever he hires to be our "OC" is just going to be a friend that he trusts to repeat whatever information he wants so that the players learn the system faster. That's why he is waiting for Loggains. Loggains has done it once and can do it again. 

Exactly. The Offense will run thru Gase. 

7 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Kacy. Rodgers.

it does matter.

When shortstack was the OC of the Bears (after Gase went to Miami) Chicago had one of the worst offenses in football. 

45 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Possible. Say what you want about Bates the play caller. Butbthe QB coach is responsible for mechanics, footwork, etc. The two biggest knocks on Sam Darnold coming out of college were his happy feet and his fumbling problems. Both were cleaned up nicely this season and were never an issue at all. 

Jordan Palmer.

52 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Nah Gase said he wants to be the guy in Darnold’s ear and thinks that too many voices aren’t good.

True, it could be someone from one of the remaining staffs -- what about the TE coach from the Saints people were throwing in the HC ring? It wouldn't be a terrible idea to promote someone from one of the "genius" offensive staffs to OC, and let them learn the position under Gase as he calls the shots. 

Hopefully Gase is waiting on someone from KC's staff.  I want it to 
be Mike Kafka (QB Coach) since he's blocked with Bienenmy not getting
a HC job.  I like that Gase has brought in coordinators he's not
connected to, hopefully it'll continue.  Because Loggains doesn't
thrill me

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Actually hiring Dowell Loggains is like ordering grilled cheese at a five-star restaurant. 

In Adam Gase I trust. 

Here in NYC, that's actually a Thing

THIS IS THE WORLD’S MOST EXPENSIVE GRILLED CHEESE

This Is The World’s Most Expensive Grilled Cheese

Photo By Guinness World Records / YouTube

Oscar Wilde said that conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative. Oscar’s right and we’re here to help your conversation game. Win Happy Hour.

There can only be one most expensive sandwich in the world, and that title belongs to what is also one of the most humble sandwiches out there: the grilled cheese. The New York-based restaurant Serendipity 3 holds the Guinness World Records title of the most expensive sandwich ever. It’s called the Quintessential Grilled Cheese, and it sold for $214.

The price lied in the ingredients. To start with, the bread was Champagne bread made with Dom Perignon and 24 karat gold flakes. White truffle butter was spread on the bread, and then filled with Caciocavallo Podolico cheese — a cheese made from the Italian Podolica cow, of which there are only 25,000 in the world. Another thing adding to the rarity of the cheese: The cows only lactate from May to June.

Hungry customers needed to order 48 hours in advance so the ingredients could be flown in.  If you feel like spending a ridiculous amount of money, though, the restaurant still offers the Golden Opulence Sunday for $1,000.

This is exactly what I thought with Bowles when he hired kacy Rodgers. That didn't work out so well for us.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

This is exactly what I thought with Bowles when he hired kacy Rodgers. That didn't work out so well for us.

Well in theory its the same thing, the problem is that Bowles didnt call the defense and let Rogers do it while essentially doing nothing.  Gase will control the offensive install each week and call the plays, marginalizing the OC job.

That being said, it would be great to see someone other then Loggins.  Gase may be the great offensive mind that we hope he is, but to bring in someone with more diverse experience is a very smart move.  The offensive terminology can remain the same no matter who the OC is as long as Gase is HC, but there is always room to learn and it would show a great deal of humility to bring in someone else to bounce ideas off of

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I see these as different situations Loggains would be a trusted sounding board for Gase who would be running the show. Bowles was a sounding board for Rogers who was running the defense.

Until Gase has a FULL Year w/his chosen starter @ QB for more than 3/4 of the 16 game season, then we can judge. Gase is YET to work  w/a Pro QB starter as young as Darnold, and I SAW the miracles Gase achieved w/Tannehill in '16 and Tannehill/Osweiler in '18. The FINS were in PLAYOFF contention?!?!?!??

Those who want to point at the "rankings" aren't looking at the whole picture. Game will be running the offensive show and the rest of the staff are mere handlers in charge of conveying the playbook to their respective position groups. 

Considering the ATROCIOUS offense we've been subjected to over the years, Gase will be a nice fresh of breath air. Go look at the MIA games on NFL Game pass and see for yourself; there was just not enough talent nor healthy bodies but good enough coaching to keep MIA in contention until late in the season. 

33 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Here in NYC, that's actually a Thing

THIS IS THE WORLD’S MOST EXPENSIVE GRILLED CHEESE

This Is The World’s Most Expensive Grilled Cheese

Photo By Guinness World Records / YouTube

Oscar Wilde said that conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative. Oscar’s right and we’re here to help your conversation game. Win Happy Hour.

There can only be one most expensive sandwich in the world, and that title belongs to what is also one of the most humble sandwiches out there: the grilled cheese. The New York-based restaurant Serendipity 3 holds the Guinness World Records title of the most expensive sandwich ever. It’s called the Quintessential Grilled Cheese, and it sold for $214.

The price lied in the ingredients. To start with, the bread was Champagne bread made with Dom Perignon and 24 karat gold flakes. White truffle butter was spread on the bread, and then filled with Caciocavallo Podolico cheese — a cheese made from the Italian Podolica cow, of which there are only 25,000 in the world. Another thing adding to the rarity of the cheese: The cows only lactate from May to June.

Hungry customers needed to order 48 hours in advance so the ingredients could be flown in.  If you feel like spending a ridiculous amount of money, though, the restaurant still offers the Golden Opulence Sunday for $1,000.

Image result for bridge for sale pics

I'm about 99% sure Loggains is still the guy.  He's still under contract in Miami.   They aren't going to fire him(or let him leave for the Jets) until they know for sure Flores doesn't want him.

If NE wins today, Rapsheet said Miami would do a second interview with Flores to talk through staffing items etc.  If they lose, they will just hire him and move forward.  Either way Loggains situation should be resolved soon, if he's coming here.

58 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

The main difference is everyone(myself included) just assumed Bowles would call the defense.  He didn't.  

It's already known Gase calls his offense.

26 minutes ago, nico002 said:

When Loggains was the bears OC they had a rookie Trubisky and Cohen (a RB) was their #1 WR. 

Ive heard to former QB analysts who I respect talk highly about Loggains- saying he’s intelligent and highly innovative.

I'm yet to come across anything about the guy, really, but please do offer it up (not being sarcastic) b/c I would like to read up on him if he DOES actually end up here. If he was being considered as an in-house candidate, there must be something there that caught people's attention despite the poor OC rankings on his C.V.

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

They actually were cleaned up by Palmer, a coach that Darnold paid for himself.  

I had some problems with Darnold's  mechanics at the time he was drafted.  When I first saw him in pre-season I was very impressed how much he had already cleaned it up  

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Gase is the real OC just like Rex was the DC

The Jets defense ranked #1 & #6 in '09 & '10, respectively, under Mangini's players and WITH Pettine as DC. 

2011 and 2012 The defense ranked 20th in the league. 

AFTER Pettine left for Buffalo, the Defense under Rex in 2013 & 2014 ranked #19 & #24, respectively.

Rex wasn't even a decent DC, let alone HC, AFTER the players left and the league figured him out by 2011. 

Hopefully, and I am in this camp, Gase will be an EXCELLENT OC and we'll see vast improvement over a SHORT period of time w/the Jets' offense in '19. 

Archived