Why no OC announcement yet?

Chris & Woody's Butler

43 minutes ago, nico002 said:

When Loggains was the bears OC they had a rookie Trubisky and Cohen (a RB) was their #1 WR. 

Ive heard to former QB analysts who I respect talk highly about Loggains- saying he’s intelligent and highly innovative.

Plus they started the season with the immortal Mike Glennon at qb!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

Is it possible there's a candidate that's still coaching?  Perhaps someone from the KC staff?

Guys are coaching and guys on staffs who's HCs have been fired are still under contract.  Miami, for example still has Gases entire staff on the books and unavailable for now.  So if Gase wants Loggains he'll have to wait until whoever Miami hires as their HC decides if he wants Loggains or not.

9 minutes ago, flgreen said:

They actually were cleaned up by Palmer, a coach that Darnold paid for himself.  

I had some problems with Darnold's  mechanics at the time he was drafted.  When I first saw him in pre-season I was very impressed how much he had already cleaned it up  

Correct!

Jordan Palmer: BOTH Christian Hackenburg's AND Samuel Darnold's PRIVATELY-contracted QB tutor pre-draft process. Look up his quotes on talking up Hack, it made me worry about him working w/Darnold, but Sam REALLY improved his ball protection and his motion seems fine to me during the season. 

8 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

2011 and 2012 The defense ranked 20th in the league. 

In 09 Rex's D was the NFLs best.  3 years is a lifetime away.  

Mens nothing but the idea that Rex wasn't a D.C. Is wrong.  And ignores Baltimore years 

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

In 09 Rex's D was the NFLs best.  3 years is a lifetime away.  

Mens nothing but the idea that Rex wasn't a D.C. Is wrong.  And ignores Baltimore years 

We ALL KNOW THAT! Rex reminds everyone all the time, lol. I feel that's all him and his arduous advocates (don't know if you are) keep pointing to. A good HC, let alone DC, would SUSTAIN a top defense even with weaker talent - scheme-wise - over a period of time. His fell off a cliff from 6th to 20th and never went above 19th. Rex did scheme - to a degree - and there is the valid argument he was possibly sabotaged by Idzik (it did get ugly, quick), but I'm not as convinced.

My point is that Rex WAS a good DC, but he was figured out after a few years and it was worse once the talent dissipated as well. 

I posted that just to demonstrate he's not this great coach some make him out to be. HE was bombastic and fun, but a REALLY poor game manager and lost his competitive advantage once he was figured out. And I could care less what he did in Baltimore, I only focus on him w/the Jets. He brought that cache from the Ravens but that dissipated quickly after 2011. 

40 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

The Jets defense ranked #1 & #6 in '09 & '10, respectively, under Mangini's players and WITH Pettine as DC. 

AFTER Pettine left for Buffalo, the Defense under Rex in 2013 & 2014 ranked #19 & #24, respectively.

Rex wasn't even a decent DC, let alone HC, AFTER the players left and the league figured him out by 2011. 

Hopefully, and I am in this camp, Gase will be an EXCELLENT OC and we'll see vast improvement over a SHORT period of time w/the Jets' offense in '19. 

Revis left in 2013 and Sanchez and Geno kept turning the ball over every other play in jets territory 

Did you know Bill Parcells got to a AFCG with Rich Kotite’s players? (Wayne Chrebet, Keyshawn Johnson, Victor Green, Aaron Glenn, Mo Lewis)

32 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

We ALL KNOW THAT! Rex reminds everyone all the time, lol. I feel that's all him and his arduous advocates (don't know if you are) keep pointing to. A good HC, let alone DC, would SUSTAIN a top defense even with weaker talent - scheme-wise - over a period of time. His fell off a cliff from 6th to 20th and never went above 19th. Rex did scheme - to a degree - and there is the valid argument he was possibly sabotaged by Idzik (it did get ugly, quick), but I'm not as convinced.

My point is that Rex WAS a good DC, but he was figured out after a few years and it was worse once the talent dissipated as well. 

I posted that just to demonstrate he's not this great coach some make him out to be. HE was bombastic and fun, but a REALLY poor game manager and lost his competitive advantage once he was figured out. And I could care less what he did in Baltimore, I only focus on him w/the Jets. He brought that cache from the Ravens but that dissipated quickly after 2011. 

Yes he does, lol.  I'm not a Rexaholic, but know there are plenty of them willing to overlook his failings.  

I will say that I don't believe anyone figured him out.  I believe he's easier to "figure out" when the amount of defensive talent wasn't there to the degree it was in a Baltimore and 09-10.  So I do think he could coach a defense.

I agree he's nowhere near the HC some think he was or could still be.  He's too old school, stubbornly sticking to those old school ways.  Especially in today's pass happy, wide open NFL

Here in NYC, that's actually a Thing

THIS IS THE WORLD’S MOST EXPENSIVE GRILLED CHEESE

most-expensive-grilled-cheese-inside.jpg&key=fd3a45ad862b28a673246fcdfe6308c10403ab405ced5e1f43610c9709f649c5

Photo By

Oscar Wilde said that conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative. Oscar’s right and we’re here to help your conversation game. Win Happy Hour.

There can only be one most expensive sandwich in the world, and that title belongs to what is also one of the most humble sandwiches out there: the grilled cheese. The New York-based restaurant Serendipity 3 holds the Guinness World Records title of the most expensive sandwich ever. It’s called the Quintessential Grilled Cheese, and it sold for $214.

The price lied in the ingredients. To start with, the bread was Champagne bread made with Dom Perignon and 24 karat gold flakes. White truffle butter was spread on the bread, and then filled with Caciocavallo Podolico cheese — a cheese made from the Italian Podolica cow, of which there are only 25,000 in the world. Another thing adding to the rarity of the cheese: The cows only lactate from May to June.

Hungry customers needed to order 48 hours in advance so the ingredients could be flown in.  If you feel like spending a ridiculous amount of money, though, the restaurant still offers the Golden Opulence Sunday for $1,000.

This is the dopiest effing thing I have ever heard of. Anyone who orders this should be ashamed of themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

32 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Revis left in 2013 and Sanchez and Geno kept turning the ball over every other play in jets territory 

Ok, you're an apologist with a narrative, it's a free country.

32 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Did you know Bill Parcells got to a AFCG with Rich Kotite’s players? (Wayne Chrebet, Keyshawn Johnson, Victor Green, Aaron Glenn, Mo Lewis)

Yeah, the 2 Dicks : Steinberg & Haley, built a SOLID foundation of talent, Kotite was too stupid to coach it properly. Kotite was NOT the guy making the picks back then. Richie K was only good for keeping Wayne Chrebet on the active roster after final cuts. 

My guess is that as soon as Loggains is let go by the Dolphins he will be hired by Gase.  He knows the offense and would be able to hit the ground running.  I would prefer someone with new ideas to mesh with what Gase runs but I can certainly understand why he would want the continuity.

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'm yet to come across anything about the guy, really, but please do offer it up (not being sarcastic) b/c I would like to read up on him if he DOES actually end up here. If he was being considered as an in-house candidate, there must be something there that caught people's attention despite the poor OC rankings on his C.V.

Good and bad.......for what it's worth..........

Dowell Loggains (born October 1, 1980) is an American football coach who is the offensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League (NFL). Prior to his hiring with the Dolphins, he was the offensive coordinator for the Tennessee Titans and Chicago Bears, and quarterback coach for the Cleveland Browns during Johnny Manziel's rookie year. He played college football at Arkansas.

Coaching career
Loggains served as the offensive coordinator for the Tennessee Titans from 2012–2013 as a part of Mike Munchak's coaching staff. Days after Ken Whisenhunt took over as Titans head coach in 2014, Loggains was informed that he wouldn't remain with the organization.[1] He had previously been the team's quarterbacks coach.

Loggains spent 2014 as the quarterbacks coach for the Cleveland Browns. He was an advocate of drafting Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.

The next year Loggains was looking for a job. He was interviewed for an offensive coordinator job by the New York Giants,[2] but was instead hired by the Bears on January 23, 2015 as quarterbacks coach.[3] Under Loggains' helm, quarterback Jay Cutler had one of his best seasons as he ended 2015 with 3,629 passing yards, 21 touchdowns, 11 interceptions,[4] and career highs in passer rating (92.3)[5] and completion percentage (64.4). The 11 interceptions were the lowest in his career[6] and resulted in an interception percentage of 2.3, the lowest in a season when he has started at least 12 games,[7] while 21 touchdowns were his second-most since 2011 and the 3,629 yards were the third-most in his career.[6] On third down, Cutler had a 103.2 passer rating (fourth in the NFL) after completing 91 of 141 passes for 1,242 yards, seven touchdowns and two interceptions.[8] In contrast, against the Seattle Seahawks backup quarterback Jimmy Clausen completed 9 of 17 passes for 63 yards, and including sacks, recorded 48 net passing yards, the second time since the 1990 season that the Bears had less than 50 net yards passing.[9] The Bears ended the year with 228.9 passing yards per game, ranked 23rd in the league,[8] with the quarterbacking group having a combined 63.9 completion percentage and 2.3 interception percentage, both of which ranked third in team history, along with 3,843 gross passing yards and a 42.5 third down percentage (fourth), 3,660 net passing yards (fifth), along with 5,514 total net yards and an 89.7 passer rating (sixth).[10]

Loggains was promoted to offensive coordinator on January 11, 2016 when Adam Gase left the position to become the head coach of the Miami Dolphins.[11] The Bears struggled during Loggains' tenure as OC, with a November 2017 ranking by ESPN placing him dead last among 32 playcallers,[12] while the offense ended the 2017 season averaging just 16.5 points per game (29th in the league).[13] After head coach John Fox was fired, Loggains reunited with Gase in Miami, landing another offensive coordinator position.[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowell_Loggains 

5 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

OC doesn't matter. Gase is our OC. He is the one who will be installing the playbook, preparing the weekly game plans and calling the plays. Whoever he hires to be our "OC" is just going to be a friend that he trusts to repeat whatever information he wants so that the players learn the system faster. That's why he is waiting for Loggains. Loggains has done it once and can do it again. 

Loggins is apparently more than just a soundboard. He’s supposedly quite adept at drawing up plays. While watching NFL Network, many raved about his inventive football mind. Hard to believe he was just Gase’s secretary.

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

Loggains was promoted to offensive coordinator on January 11, 2016 when Adam Gase left the position to become the head coach of the Miami Dolphins.[11] The Bears struggled during Loggains' tenure as OC, with a November 2017 ranking by ESPN placing him dead last among 32 playcallers,[12] while the offense ended the 2017 season averaging just 16.5 points per game (29th in the league).[13] 

Well that could because Cutler was hurt and only started 5 games that season.  

6 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

OC doesn't matter. Gase is our OC. He is the one who will be installing the playbook, preparing the weekly game plans and calling the plays. Whoever he hires to be our "OC" is just going to be a friend that he trusts to repeat whatever information he wants so that the players learn the system faster. That's why he is waiting for Loggains. Loggains has done it once and can do it again. 

I agree. Gase’s offense and he’s the playcaller.

6 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Ok, you're an apologist with a narrative, it's a free country.

Yeah, the 2 Dicks : Steinberg & Haley, built a SOLID foundation of talent, Kotite was too stupid to coach it properly. Kotite was NOT the guy making the picks back then. Richie K was only good for keeping Wayne Chrebet on the active roster after final cuts. 

Oh right so when Kotite was the coach he had NOTHING to do with the draft but somehow Mangini was the GM 

8 hours ago, BigO said:

Loggins is apparently more than just a soundboard. He’s supposedly quite adept at drawing up plays. While watching NFL Network, many raved about his inventive football mind. Hard to believe he was just Gase’s secretary.

Sounds like he's a John DeFilippo type.  Very good assistant who is good at drawing up plays and schemes but, for some reason, struggled with calling plays when given full reign.  Since Gase will be the play caller, he would probably just be more of an "Offensive Assistant" here (pretty much how Andy Reid and Eric Bieniemy operate).   

On 1/21/2019 at 12:44 AM, Mogglez said:

Sounds like he's a John DeFilippo type.  Very good assistant who is good at drawing up plays and schemes but, for some reason, struggled with calling plays when given full reign.  Since Gase will be the play caller, he would probably just be more of an "Offensive Assistant" here (pretty much how Andy Reid and Eric Bieniemy operate).   

God I hope so. It sounds like from fans he’s on the level of Bates when calling plays. 

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

God I hope so. It sounds like from fans he’s on the level of Bates when calling plays. 

Were and when did he call plays?  Seems to me hes been a QB coach and Offensive assistant his whole career without any play calling history given his only OC credit is under Gase in Miami.

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Were and when did he call plays?  Seems to me hes been a QB coach and Offensive assistant his whole career without any play calling history given his only OC credit is under Gase in Miami.

I had this in a post from last week:

Tennessee Titans (2008–2009)
Offensive quality control coordinator

Tennessee Titans (2010–2011)
Quarterbacks coach for Vince Young and Matt Hasselbeck

Tennessee Titans (2012–2013)
Offensive coordinator - ranked 26th and 22nd with Locker/Hasselbeck/Fitzpatrick as QB's.

Cleveland Browns (2014)
Quarterbacks coach  for Brian Hoyer and Johnny Manziel

Chicago Bears (2015)
Quarterbacks coach for Jay Cutler - Gase was his OC

Chicago Bears (2016–2017)
Offensive coordinator - ranked 15th and 30th with Barkley/ Cutler/Hoyer/Trubisky and Glennon as his QB's

Miami Dolphins (2018–present)
Offensive coordinator - ranked 31st with Tannehill and Osweiler as his QB's.  Gase was the HC

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I had this in a post from last week:

Tennessee Titans (2008–2009)
Offensive quality control coordinator

Tennessee Titans (2010–2011)
Quarterbacks coach for Vince Young and Matt Hasselbeck

Tennessee Titans (2012–2013)
Offensive coordinator - ranked 26th and 22nd with Locker/Hasselbeck/Fitzpatrick as QB's.

Cleveland Browns (2014)
Quarterbacks coach  for Brian Hoyer and Johnny Manziel

Chicago Bears (2015)
Quarterbacks coach for Jay Cutler - Gase was his OC

Chicago Bears (2016–2017)
Offensive coordinator - ranked 15th and 30th with Barkley/ Cutler/Hoyer/Trubisky and Glennon as his QB's

Miami Dolphins (2018–present)
Offensive coordinator - ranked 31st with Tannehill and Osweiler as his QB's.  Gase was the HC

Didnt realize he was an OC in Tenn

On 1/20/2019 at 1:09 PM, Gas2No99 said:

The Jets defense ranked #1 & #6 in '09 & '10, respectively, under Mangini's players and WITH Pettine as DC. 

AFTER Pettine left for Buffalo, the Defense under Rex in 2013 & 2014 ranked #19 & #24, respectively.

Rex wasn't even a decent DC, let alone HC, AFTER the players left and the league figured him out by 2011. 

Hopefully, and I am in this camp, Gase will be an EXCELLENT OC and we'll see vast improvement over a SHORT period of time w/the Jets' offense in '19. 

This is a little unfair to Rex. 

His worst defense was 11th in YPG allowed. You're using points -- which isn't exactly fair when Sanchez and Geno are turning the ball over at ridiculous rates.

By DVOA:

2009: 1

2010: 5

2011: 2

2012: 9

2013: 12

2014: 21

So they were top 12 every year until the end with three top 5 and four top 10 finishes.

Rex was a bad head coach but his defenses here were consistently good.

13 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is a little unfair to Rex. 

His worst defense was 11th in YPG allowed. You're using points -- which isn't exactly fair when Sanchez and Geno are turning the ball over at ridiculous rates.

By DVOA:

2009: 1

2010: 5

2011: 2

2012: 9

2013: 12

2014: 21

So they were top 12 every year until the end with three top 5 and four top 10 finishes.

Rex was a bad head coach but his defenses here were consistently good.

Wait so when Sanchez and Geno are constantly turning it over on the jets 20 that affects the defense negatively?

5CB08D7B-BA1F-4D1E-B62B-EC59A1A62A48.jpeg.6583f9f0139e7dfad526cd8656f85565.jpeg

Pettine wasn't calling the D, Rex was. 

Lol, lol, lol. Yes Mangini was a good personell guy, bad coach. Rex immediately took Manginis 18th ranked D and made it by far and clear number 1 in nfl. No HC has ever made such a immediate transformation to a defense better. Problem was rex was not a good gm/personell guy.. mike t was an idiot cap Guru, who had no biz being gm. He just listened to his HC, much like mac.. 

Your a little off skippy.. Jets D ranked 1 overall in 09, 3rd in 2010 

603F435E-AD53-4044-8AB8-7FCA8741BC3C.jpeg

Archived