AFC/NFC Championship Games Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

WHY isn't Neal Sterling Gerald Everett?!?!?!??!!?!?!??

Looking at YOU @joewilly12!!!!!! :P

Neal Sterling suffered a serious concussion where our doofus X HC played him on the kickoff team and was probably brought back to soon in my opinion.

Wishing Neal Sterling the best and hope he plays again in the NFL for the NY Jets. 

I think it's too blatant for corruption.

It was a ref who is in post season mode trying not to dictate the outcome of a game and freezing.  Really just a horrific non-call which I'm sure both the NFL and the ref responsible for making the call will acknowledge.

Either way it sucks and I can't imagine what this site would be like if that cost the Jets a SB appearance.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Congrats NFL. You just screwed a guy that legitimized a franchise, and has been one of if not the best citizen in the league, because you want LA to be talked about and love hearing McVay repeated over and over.

It’s pretty obvious and messed up. It’s not like Brees is some scrub. He’s a great guy and it would have been an epic super bowl either way. This is clearly to try and fix their LA mistake/disaster. 

I want the Jets to contend and even win a super bowl but it’s not like it’s nearly as special as it used to be. It’s a shame. We missed our chance those 2 years when football was still good. 

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

League office should be able to review every play on a challenge.  Every play including non-calls.  If Payton throws a challenge on that and the f-c-ing janitor at the NFL office looks at the video, he imposes the penalty.  Game over.  Screw 'purity of the game'.  Get these calls right.

this

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Just now, PS17 said:

Not corruption. Just par for the course incompetence to the infinite power.

100% this was just total incompetence. 

there should be a draft for refs now, and major scrutiny and criticism on their abilities to perform and on their careers 

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

I think it's too blatant for corruption.

It was a ref who is in post season mode trying not to dictate the outcome of a game and freezing.  Really just a horrific non-call which I'm sure both the NFL and the ref responsible for making the call will acknowledge.

Either way it sucks and I can't imagine what this site would be like if that cost the Jets a SB appearance.

My guess is you would troll everyone by defending it? 

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I wanted the Saints to win but it’s Karma for 2009. Favre got screwed against them with a BS pass interference penalty that essentially won the game for the saints. 

What about the divisional championship against the Vikings when the Vikes won on the "non-tackle"  I'm sure the Saints still aren't over that one.

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Saints had an opportunity to win the game in OT after winning the coin toss. No tears for the Saints here. 

No one is disputing that Goff did a great job with the chances he was gifted by the refs.  But he never should have had those chances.  It was 100% gifted by the incredible blindness by every ref on the field.  We've seen horrible non-calls for PI over the years but none more obvious or bigger than that.  As someone above said, that call will define this season no matter what happens in two weeks.  

I can't explain it, but it just keeps getting worse year after year. Until there is ability to use challenges on any play outcome, call or non-call, this will keep happening and you know it will bite the Jets on the ass sooner or later.

2 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

What about the divisional championship against the Vikings when the Vikes won on the "non-tackle"  I'm sure the Saints still aren't over that one.

Probably not. The fact that this was the NFC title game makes it sting more I would think. Last year was rough for them though. 

Archived