Kareem Hunt Expected to be Reinstated in 2019

slats

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i am neither defending nor condoning or condemning  or making judgements of the actions of kareem hunt.

basically, my " i'm down" has only to do with football ability/production and the idea/question of

" whats best for NY Jets? going after Bell or Hunt?"  nothing more. nothing less.

I know exactly what people are doing.  They're selling what they know about right and wrong with production they hope to get by ignoring how despicable this guy is .  We go from screaming about thugs on other teams to offering up second chances when we could use the production.  If he was a Pat we would be killing Kraft and Belichick. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Like Bell is a choir boy

I resent that.  Lots of choir boys have smoked weed.  Way back in the day, I was one.

Stuff is legal right now in a ton of states, almost certainly ready to become legal nationally.  Regardless of your opinion of the advisability of using marijuana, in no way does it compare to violent crime.  And it's on its way to becoming legal.

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

In that light, neither is a good choice but we are basically picking two guys that could be suspended for an entire year for a repeat offense. In Bell's case he probably would retire and Hunt might get a life time ban. 

Bells not getting suspended.  Hunt isn't even allowed to be on a roster and when he is will be siuspended 8 or so games.  What good chance for Bell?

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The Hunt suspension is coming.  Bell has no imminent suspension.  As to which one of them is more likely to be further suspended?  Doesn't this question just shout "avoid both of them"?  But at least we know there is no looming Bell suspension for 2019, whereas Hunt is getting one, probably more than 4 weeks.

I’m not making any moral judgements, I just want to build a football team. I don’t like Bell at the money he wants. I don’t like the fact that he sat out last year. I think it’s far more likely that he’s high right now than it is that Hunt is assaulting someone. Hunt is younger and, because of that baggage, will be cheaper. That’s the direction I’d go in. 

17 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

I resent that.  Lots of choir boys have smoked weed.  Way back in the day, I was one.

Stuff is legal right now in a ton of states, almost certainly ready to become legal nationally.  Regardless of your opinion of the advisability of using marijuana, in no way does it compare to violent crime.  And it's on its way to becoming legal.

Ok, how freaking stupid are you? Do you really think my post was about the legalization of weed or about a two time loser who will be facing a one year ban on strike 3?

2 hours ago, slats said:

This is the guy I'd go after 10 times before Bell. He'll be just 24-years-old at the start of next season. Every bit as dynamic as Bell without the weed suspensions. His market will be limited, and he should come for much less money, too. 

I've been saying this for WEEEEKS and everyone keeps saying he's a "woman-beater" w/ . . . and I quote once poster "multiple issues in his portfolio."

*edit to make myself clearer*

I chalk it up to stupid youth w/too much money, I see it all the time. I believe this episode AND the notion that EVERYTHING can be taken away from you, WILL correct his behavior and won't be an issue again. Just MO. Those who decry him as this habitual offender yet don't even know the guy, but feel validated enough to judge him: to each his own. He's committed significant infractions, I agree, but today's society is MUCH MORE coercive in CORRECTING that type of behavior by public figures nowadays that they, MEN especially, realize moreso the severe consequences of their inappropriate actions in today's 1984 world of surveillance. He'll be fine. 

So that said . . . . 

SIGN THE BEAST YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hunt at RB, Anderson at WR, Herndon at TE, Darnold & Gase at Mission Control

NOW THAT sounds like a team full of SPEEEEEED deserving to be call JETS!

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Bells not getting suspended.  Hunt isn't even allowed to be on a roster and when he is will be siuspended 8 or so games.  What good chance for Bell?

Because nothing of consequence  has happened to Bell and I would bet he is sitting at home doing bong hits right now.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So the league has decided he's fair game. Teams shouldn't have a second thought if they think he helps them win. We are in desperate need of play makers. Sign him to a show me contract. 

I disagree!!!

Sign him to a WE STILL BELIEVE IN YOU, NEVER Doubted You contract - a Fair Market value contract (he would still accept less than $14M/yr., I'd say he'd take $7.5-&8.75M since he's on a short leash w/league- and Hunt will BLAST THROUGH WALLS for this team for believing in him and giving him a 2nd chance. 

DO IT TANNY!!!!!!!

got to lay off the coffee, now. lol

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Because nothing of consequence  has happened to Bell and I would bet he is sitting at home doing bong hits right now.

ok... call us back when you have something more than mere speculation to post.  This is just ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I disagree!!!

Sign him to a WE STILL BELIEVE IN YOU, NEVER Doubted You contract - a Fair Market value contract (he would still accept less than $14M/yr., I'd say he'd take $7.5-&8.75M since he's on a short leash w/league- and Hunt will BLAST THROUGH WALLS for this team for believing in him and giving him a 2nd chance. 

DO IT TANNY!!!!!!!

got to lay off the coffee, now. lol

Hey man I've been on the sign Hunt band wagon since the second the Chiefs cut him. That said, I'm not as trusting as you are. We need to protect ourselves with any contract offered to this DB.

2 hours ago, slats said:

The Jets have all that cap room because they've barely got half a team under contract for 2019. Bell passed on $14M because he wants more. Good for him, let someone else pay him. 

I'm with you. Bell turned down $14 mil. Goody for him, now find some idiotic team that will give you more. Good luck with that.

Count me aboard the Kareem Hunt train.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Agree signing Hunt at 10% the cost of Bell makes way more sense

I don't think he'd come THAT cheap since other teams will be in the bidding.  Let's sign him and get him in here. I think he deserves a second chance.

I think anyone on this board would be ecstatic to have Hunt on the Jets if not for his off field actions. Those aren't going to disappear from our minds however, and that's where the debate with him begins. In our minds. Some of us, myself included, would have no problem having him on the Jets. As far as I know, he was never charged after the hotel incident we've all seen. I also get the point of view by many here, who simply don't want him on the team because they simply can't forgive him for what they consider domestic violence, striking a woman. Yet I disagree with it.

I've always considered myself a person of morals, but in this case I have no qualms with Hunt being signed. He hasn't been charged with a crime, and in the incident we're talking about, the accuser seems to me the one who instigated and provoked it. He's been suspended and undergone counseling. The NFL suspension is a joke to me, its them simply trying to be on the PC side of the issue. Why would I say that? The NFL game is an extremely violent one, and attracts many extremely violent, on the edge people to play it. Is there any other sport that has more of a criminal element within it then the NFL? I don't think so. The league has had many players accused and convicted of rape, murder, drug crimes, and violence of all kinds. Just on the Jets alone, we have Anderson and Crowell bringing their unique social charms, then Herndon with the DWI, and Lee with drugs. Those are the ones that we know about, how many others do we have?

So my point is, lets stop being "preachy" about Hunt. If you don't want him fine. Just don't judge or try to shame those who do. Nobody here condones breaking the law, but some believe in giving chances to those who do. Others simply could care less about the character of the people in the uniform of their team, especially in a sport with as big a criminal element as this one.  

37 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Well, sadly, not really.

Recreational weed is only legal in 11 states.  It is VERY far from becoming legal nationally.  

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Hey man I've been on the sign Hunt band wagon since the second the Chiefs cut him. That said, I'm not as trusting as you are. We need to protect ourselves with any contract offered to this DB.

oh the clauses protecting the team will be there, but he'll WORK to validate that contract b/c he now has a 2nd chance. Maybe it's manipulative, but like Frank Lopez states in Scarface:

"You get a guy like that, he'll BREAK his BACK for YOU. "

That' what the Jets would be getting in signing Hunt to a premium (which would STILL be cheaper than Bell)

30 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And no one cares even if he did.  But people will show up at MetLife to protest Hunt

Tyreek Hill strangled and punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach, but since there is no video, all is well in Kansas City.  The Chiefs have been incredibly hypocritical in how they have handled the Hunt situation.  

He’s probably going to get 8 games minimum, so if you do bring him in you still need to bring in another back.  A backfield of Tevin Coleman and Kareem Hunt could be really nice.  Let Coleman and McGuire hold it down till week 9, then have one of the more dynamic backfields in the league for the rest of the year.  

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Would like to believe your right, but I don't think so. 

Well, maybe ya haven't noticed but congress is a bunch of do nothing hypocritical A holes.  LOL

About 7,000 bills were proposed last year, think something in the area of 550 passed.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Do you remember how much of an impact the Vick protesters had? This will be less.

This would be much more.  This is an outrage to all women, not just bored Pita housewives. 

Vick wasn't a multiple offender and there was no video evidence

Not to get too political, but "protests" have been watered down to the point that they've lost their effectiveness b/c EVERYTHING is protested by SOMEONE for SOME REASON. I don't think there would be enough of an impact by "Anti-Hunt" Protesters willing to schlep out to the meadowlands to be relegated to some space to chant in the cold:

26 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

oh the clauses protecting the team will be there, but he'll WORK to validate that contract b/c he now has a 2nd chance. Maybe it's manipulative, but like Frank Lopez states in Scarface:

"You get a guy like that, he'll BREAK his BACK for YOU. "

That' what the Jets would be getting in signing Hunt to a premium (which would STILL be cheaper than Bell)

Couldn't agree more. Sign him.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Based on what, exactly? I think it’s sort of naive to have the default assumption be that what was caught on camera wasn’t representative. Somebody gets a DUI and you want to chalk that up as an isolated, worst day in his life kind of thing, okay. I don’t agree but I can see it. Something like this? If you do it, you’re the kind of person who does it. Until and unless.

So you are the person that believes if a person does a horrible act that they are likely to do it again instead of them learning and never making that mistake again? You assume the worst in that person by default?

I'm not judging, just making sure I understand you position correctly. I am not really all in or all out on either of these guys for different reasons, I am just reading through the different points of views. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

It’s relevant because Hunt is being made out to be Aaron Hernandez on this board while Saint Leveon can do no wrong

That's total bs.  We've pointed out what he is.  He's a multiple offense, women beater.  

Sorry that those who see one 1000 yard season as a get out of jail for free pass don't agree.  If he ran for 800 yards instead 1300 no one would be explaining off smacking around women as the same thing as smoking weed

Archived