Kareem Hunt Expected to be Reinstated in 2019

slats

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say this, I saw the hotel video and I wasnt that disturbed by it despite what others think. It looked to me like there was a lot more to that story. That being said...........

if this was the same kid who I remember seeing in a video in a pizza shop or something punching a girl then now I view it in a different light. I dont know if its the same kid but I do remember being pretty pissed when I saw the video.

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That's total bs.  We've pointed out what he is.  He's a multiple offense, women beater.  

Sorry that those who see one 1000 yard season as a get out of jail for free pass don't agree.  If he ran for 800 yards instead 1300 no one would be explaining off smacking around women as the same thing as smoking weed

Hmmm Ben Rapistberger is still playing

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Vick was convicted and went to prison for torturing and murdering dogs for crying out loud

No he didn't.  He went to prison for heading and financing a dog fighting ring.  He wasn't murdering dogs.

And dogs aren't humans. 

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No he didn't.  He went to prison for heading and financing a dog fighting ring.  He wasn't murdering dogs.

And dogs aren't humans. 

Yes, he was the king pin of a dog fighting ring that tortured and murdered dogs.

I never said dogs were humans. 

Did this lady even need a band aid?

The protests will be irrelevant and hardly noticed if they even exist. It's a ridiculous reason to not sign a player that can help the team win games.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yes, he was the king pin of a dog fighting ring that tortured and murdered dogs.

I never said dogs were humans. 

Did this lady even need a band aid?

The protests will be irrelevant and hardly noticed if they even exist. It's a ridiculous reason to not sign a player that can help the team win games.

Are you kidding with the bandaid line?  Listen, you have in you're head what's acceptable.  How many yards you need to sell your morals and that's fine.  But don't compare it to financing a dog fighting ring.  And keep putting tortured murdered dogs onto Vick to again make Hunt look better.

Im not signing players like Hunt.  I don't give a damn that I can get him for free.  That's me, whoever feels differently that's ok.  Not going to stop me from rooting for the team.    

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are you kidding with the bandaid line?  Listen, you have in you're head what's acceptable.  How many yards you need to sell your morals and that's fine.  But don't compare it to financing a dog fighting ring.  And keep putting tortured murdered dogs onto Vick to again make Hunt look better.

Im not signing players like Hunt.  I don't give a damn that I can get him for free.  That's me, whoever feels differently that's ok.  Not going to stop me from rooting for the team.    

The only reason for bringing up Vick was to compare the protests you think would happen.

What hunt did is completely unacceptable. My morals have nothing to do with what the players on my favorite football team do. The idea that I am somehow immoral or less moral because I want my favorite football team to sign someone is another ridiculous idea you have.

I hope you stopped watching the Jets when they signed Brandon Marshall since it would have made you immoral to be a fan. Or something.

2 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I don’t have a problem if you want to ding Bell because he has off-field issues that could impact his on-field availability. Implying that he compares unfavorably to Hunt in this respect is disgusting.

LOL. It makes him unfavorable because more likely he has a bad pee test again (suspended again) that Hunt beating up someone, from a % of offenses by NFL players. Analytics

There’s plenty of players that protested/protesting still playing. 

And drug tested a record amount of times...

Either way I was referencing 1 player in particular that has been black balled, while bums like Sánchez still gets a shot off a PED suspension

4 hours ago, slats said:

This is the guy I'd go after 10 times before Bell. He'll be just 24-years-old at the start of next season. Every bit as dynamic as Bell without the weed suspensions. His market will be limited, and he should come for much less money, too. 

NFL expected to suspend Kareem Hunt but allow him to return in 2019

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 20, 2019, 7:12 AM EST
gettyimages-1060278292-e1547986343736.jp
Getty Images

Free agent running back Kareem Hunt is expected to be back on the field some time during the 2019 season.

Hunt will surely be suspended to start the 2019 season, but he is expected to learn the length of his suspension before the start of the league year, and he is likely to be allowed back during the 2019 season, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

The start of the league year, when free agency begins, actually isn’t particularly relevant to Hunt, who is a free agent right now. Free agency only begins in March for players whose contracts have expired, not for players who were released, as Hunt was by the Chiefs after video of him assaulting a woman surfaced.

Hunt will surely have suitors. The Bears have already said they’d consider signing him, and they won’t be the only team interested. In fact, it’s possible that Hunt will come out ahead financially, given that he was under contract for a very affordable $677,000 in 2019 under his rookie deal. Hunt is likely to get multiple free agent offers, all from teams that assure the public they’re deeply concerned about Hunt’s actions, while also acknowledging that they’re willing to pay him to help them win on Sundays.

Best post I have ever seen you do. 100% behind this. Sure he will come with suspension  etc but he is a top 3 rb in the league . 1000% better than what we have. We should pay the guy and reach over all other teams interested.

3 hours ago, slats said:

I consider it unlikely that Hunt will be a repeat offender. 

It’s his last chance, undoubtedly. Should he go down that path again, he’ll be the second coming of Ray Rice. No one will come near him. Is it possible he’s a serial woman abuser? Ya never know. Obviously, counseling and interviewing him should disclose if he’s ready or able to be trusted again. If we can get positive feedback from his treatment team, then give it a shot. 

20 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Weed suspensions are more egregious than ******* a woman up?

A plant.. a plant emoji271.png.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The fact that you’re willing to jeopardize millions to spend on weed screams of addiction.  It’s not comparing apples to oranges. Or one is worse than the other.  Both actions result in significant consequences. Of course physically abusing a woman is downright hideous and punk like. But it’s not that cut and dry either. There’s intricate pyschosocial reasons certain men act this way. It’s a treatable disorder. Bottom line is if Jets decide to go with either, they better be sure that Hunt and Bell have received counseling to move forward for the sake of their personal and professional lives. 

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

So you are the person that believes if a person does a horrible act that they are likely to do it again instead of them learning and never making that mistake again? You assume the worst in that person by default?

I'm not judging, just making sure I understand you position correctly.

If you were actually clarifying and not arguing, poorly, I would direct your attention to the fact that I was already very specific that this is based on the nature of Hunt’s transgression and not my position with respect to second chances generally.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The only reason for bringing up Vick was to compare the protests you think would happen.

What hunt did is completely unacceptable. My morals have nothing to do with what the players on my favorite football team do. The idea that I am somehow immoral or less moral because I want my favorite football team to sign someone is another ridiculous idea you have.

I hope you stopped watching the Jets when they signed Brandon Marshall since it would have made you immoral to be a fan. Or something.

No it's what you will over look with your morals.  We all know it's morally unacceptable. We'll accept or forgive to different levels.  I'm not being criticle, just saying some are more willing to overlook more depending on the player. 

Its total bs to not see that if it were Billal Powell it would be a different story than Hunt.  Admit it and move on, no big deal

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

if this was the same kid who I remember seeing in a video in a pizza shop or something punching a girl then now I view it in a different light. I dont know if its the same kid but I do remember being pretty pissed when I saw the video.

That was Joe Mixon who was drafted last year by Cincy in the 2nd round.

He's had his nose clean since. Case of poor judgement & mistake by stupid youth? Depends on who you're speaking with . . . :mellow:

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And dogs aren't humans. 

No, Dogs are superior to Humans.

Human life, if you look at history's atrocities, is overrated. It's only valued and appreciated when it hits too close to home.

Hunt has not been charged w/a crime, yet Vick was. That's all you need to really know about the severity of the actions committed and what the LAW determines is a crime. Booting a dumb, drunken, privileged chick doesn't make you a woman beater and organizing a dog fighting ring DOES make you a criminal. Discern the difference. 

The fact that you’re willing to jeopardize millions to spend on weed screams of addiction.  It’s not comparing apples to oranges. Or one is worse than the other.  Both actions result in significant consequences. Of course physically abusing a woman is downright hideous and punk like. But it’s not that cut and dry either. There’s intricate pyschosocial reasons certain men act this way. It’s a treatable disorder. Bottom line is if Jets decide to go with either, they better be sure that Hunt and Bell have received counseling to move forward for the sake of their personal and professional lives. 

I don’t want to hear about “ addiction” when team doctors are pumping copious amounts of addictive opiods in players to numb pain so they can have a product the field, not giving a hoot about the addictive fallout that comes from that.

45 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Weed suspensions are more egregious than ******* a woman up?

A plant.. a plant emoji271.png.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Were criminal charges filed?!!?!? Even WITH the video evidence?

Did she sue in civil court and WIN for such an EGREGIOUS ASSAULT upon her person where she had no partial culpability!?!?!?

I'm SERIOUSLY asking. B/c if NOT, then I don't know WHERE you get your exaggerated CNN-esque sensationalism based on PERSONAL Opinion and narrative?

17 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

If you were actually clarifying and not arguing, poorly, I would direct your attention to the fact that I was already very specific that this is based on the nature of Hunt’s transgression and not my position with respect to second chances generally.

It's a weak platform to stand on. I disagree COMPLETELY.

3 minutes ago, DLJ said:

I don’t want to hear about “ addiction” when team doctors are pumping copious amounts of addictive opiods in players to numb pain so they can have a product the field, not giving a hoot about the addictive fallout that comes from that.

? ok scenario:  sign Bell to 18 million per, we get to the wild card and he gets suspended last week of the season due to weed. Puff puff Hoot hoot.

Archived