Kareem Hunt Expected to be Reinstated in 2019

slats

5 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Dude, unfortunately these are the times we live in. . . The presumption that he is a repeat offender prior to facts being presented is par for the course. He might be, but lets wait for the facts shall we?

Well aware of the hypocrisy in today's society. I was falsely accused by a tenant who I was in the process of evicting. She was supposed to vacate the apt but refused and I called the police to enforce the stipulation. The cops arrive and she starts crying in spanish that I had hit her repeatedly and tried to drag her out of the apt. The cop, without even asking me, started to grab his cuffs and proceed towards me. I am Latino and speak spanish, but for some reason the cop assumed I didn't understand what she had just said and was going to arrest ME based on that LIE. 

I VEHEMENTLY corrected him in Spanish and even indicated to that idiot cop that the CAMERAS in the hallways would have shown she was lying and there were NO MARKS to her face where I supposedly had hit her. My other tenants and the superintendent came out from their apts. and backed me up. My life and view on people CHANGED on that Halloween day of Oct 31st, 2007. I KNOW the lies people will make up when they are desperate and how GENDER can be used AGAINST you due to prejudices. 

SAME reason I didn't believe the Reuben Foster FALSE ACCUSATIONS and have NO respect for those on their moral pedestals w/that B.S. "I Believe Her" garbage. 

Every instance is a case by case scenario, but people want to paint with a general brush.

Sucks you had to work in the Soundview area. I own some buildings in Belmont and it can get rough; that's where they butchered that kid w/machetes back in the fall - 3 blocks from one of mine. 

But yeah . . . different rules for different people I guess. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Woman kicks man: That's a kick.

Man kicks woman: Look, who's to say what really happened there.

lol we can agree to disagree......I have rescued many women and arrested many many guys,..they were guilty as hell and it was obvious. 

All I am saying it that I have always tried to be FAIR regardless of who was standing in front of me and I never use gender to help me determine what happened. I am as sympathetic as most are. I have just learned to be a little more objective having been so close to these kinds of situations. 

3 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

lol we can agree to disagree......I have rescued and arrested many many guys,..they were guilty as hell and it was obvious. 

All I am saying it that I have always tried to be FAIR regardless of who was standing in front of me and I never use gender to help me determine what happened. I am as sympathetic as most are. I have just learned to be a little more objective having been so close to these kinds of situations. 

Agree completely. We also haven't considered the possibility that she challenged him to a stanky leg contest. #innocentuntilprovenguilty

That steelers player said it best, "look what we do for a living, we are all *******" 

If there was video of tyreek Hill or Greg hardy they are in jail 

Q didn't do something as bad based on reports, but it wasn't cool and if he did it to a woman in your life you wouldn't be so happy with his extension 

I would prefer another player but wouldn't kill the jets for signing him 

WOW - make up much?!??!?!
Please SHOW ME in the video WHEN AND WHERE Hunt "punched" with a CLOSED FIST and fully swing-kicked that woman. PLEASE! because I KNOW what I saw, and the LIES YOU STATE DID NOT OCCUR in that video. 

Please don’t quote me again. This site needs a block feature badly. I’m done arguing with you.

Tbh, in my experience most women have been the victim of an aggressive man in one way or another and as such are quick to take the woman's side. Even my own wife will be quick to take the women's version as fact because of what happened with her ex. I get it, I just try to point out that we are not ALL a$$holes.......just like not all women are sweet, loving, cook, clean, clip your toenails and are bi-sexual.

hahahahaha

ok, I leave out that last part but you get the point.

2 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Please don’t quote me again. This site needs a block feature badly. I’m done arguing with you.

I'll do AS I PLEASE. 

You HAVE been Blocked and your misguided ways will no longer pollute the threads in this forum 

:)

9 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

30 years working at nightclubs, stripclubs and afterhour bars pretty much gives me the same outlook but in the new # world we live in it doesn’t matter unless it fits the agenda. 

1 minute ago, DLJ said:

Many times its your fellow MAN telling you to suck it up and deal. Or laugh when men complain about abuse. Not women.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

you are 100% correct about that first part........it was ridiculous. 

but......

there was/is an agency in ny called safe horizon. I hate to call them out but it is run by women, all the management are women and most of the employees are women and I cannot tell you just how insensitive they are when I would ask when they are going to put in place services for male victims. After 9/11 they received a HUGE amount of funding, much of which went to DV victims but they had little to no compassion for male victims. Maybe the average women may not be so cold but the people who are advocates, working in the industry and in position to make things more even handed dont care in the slightest. Trust me, its not how you think it is on the inside of the system for victims of the opposite sex. 

but......
there was/is an agency in ny called safe horizon. I hate to call them out but it is run by women, all the management are women and most of the employees are women and I cannot tell you just how insensitive they are when I would ask when they are going to put in place services for male victims. After 9/11 they received a HUGE amount of funding, much of which went to DV victims but they had little to no compassion for male victims. Maybe the average women may not be so cold but the people who are advocates, working in the industry and in position to make things more even handed dont care in the slightest. Trust me, its not how you think it is on the inside of the system for victims of the opposite sex. 

It’s essentially the same double standard when it comes to male sexual assault/ rape by women. No one cares unless it’s a woman. But why is that the status quo? I personally believe it should be treated equally across the board. Again the stigma comes from other men making victims feel less than for complaining about such things.

7 minutes ago, DLJ said:

It’s essentially the same double standard when it comes to male sexual assault/ rape by women. No one cares unless it’s a woman. But why is that the status quo? I personally believe it should be treated equally across the board. Again the stigma comes from other men making victims feel less than for complaining about such things.

no argument from me there, again I agree 100%

correction.........I do agree but after reading that again it puts ALL the responsibility back on the men instead of the responsibility being at the feet of the abuser. It's nobody's fault but their own and no matter who teases or makes fun the rules should be the same for EVERYONE.

Just an fyi, not all the cops on the unit were men but ALL treated the male victims the same way. It's not a problem that is only perpetuated by men, women laughed, scoffed and told jokes same as the guys did. As a society we do not treat DV the same across the board. 

women or men

7 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

but......

I go through the SAME hypocrisy w/other "agencies" that claim to "offer universal support and help" but are complete radicals w/an aggressive and biased agenda - how ELSE can they keep their Budgets to justify their existence. Not saying all agencies have selfish/survivalist agendas, but I've encountered enough to be skeptical. 

This has completely DERAILED. 

Yes, Sign Hunt. I'm done with this topic, that has now been exhausted, out of respect for the Mods and Admin. 

Go Jets and prosperity only for those who work for it! :D

6 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

This has completely DERAILED. 

Yes, Sign Hunt. I'm done with this topic, that has now been exhausted, out of respect for the Mods and Admin. 

My fault...sorry guys. This issue always hit home for me.

but I still dont want Hunt....I think he is the product of a good line. 

6 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

No. The Tirade was in regards to people who were stating he's this criminal habitual woman-beater, and that he would "repeat" the same actions again in the future. I think that's quite a presumption without knowing the person and the evidence presented THUS far. 

What you quoted is MY PITCH to sign him - others stated that you could sign Hunt for 10% of the price of Bell or near a vet minimum - in which I believe, in order to lure him to sign with the Jets, we SHOULD pay the man a premium contract and "pitch" it to him as "never doubting his talent" angle since (my assumption in this hypothetical) I think other teams would try to sign him to lowball offers due to the league's thin ice for his status going forward. 

That's all, nothing more nothing less, but thanks for playing. :)

What I quoted was you stating the almost exact opposite, yet equal presumption of how Hunt will handle the future.  

Anytime. ;) 

On 1/20/2019 at 4:55 PM, New York Mick said:

Did I miss something? Poster are calling Chief Slapaho a serial woman beater and domestic abuser. To my knowledge he has a few fights with guys and the video incident with the girl that wouldn’t leave. Has he ever been arrested for domestic abuse or has there been other issues with women?

“Chief Slapaho”? Seriously?

Archived