What we learned tonight about Dee Ford and Trent Brown

Philc1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Knowing how stupid Macc is he’ll spend $150 million combined on Dee Ford and Dante Fowler then draft Jonah 3rd overall

Hahaha...I could see that happening, plus use the next pick in the 3rd Rd on a DT, can’t have too many of those, besides the Oline is totally taken care of.  1 single pick above the 5th Rd every HALF A DECADE will suffice...in his mind.  

Hopefully, for all us fans, Gase will have Maccagnan tied up, his eyes darting back and forth, with a knife in his hand, helping Maccagnan’s judgement.

6 minutes ago, Jared said:

EVERY offensive lineman gets away with holding.  Read the rule book, then watch literally ANY pass play.  You'll be convinced at least 3 players should be flagged.

This is true.  Ask anyone who has played OL in college or nfl.  I knew a guy who played D1 at Mississippi State said they hold every play it’s just what gets caught

4 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Hahaha...I could see that happening, plus use the next pick in the 3rd Rd on a DT, can’t have too many of those, besides the Oline is totally taken care of.  1 single pick above the 5th Rd every HALF A DECADE will suffice...in his mind.  

Hopefully, for all us fans, Gase will have Maccagnan tied up, his eyes darting back and forth, with a knife in his hand, helping Maccagnan’s judgement.

5CB08D7B-BA1F-4D1E-B62B-EC59A1A62A48.jpeg.6583f9f0139e7dfad526cd8656f85565.jpeg

I've been saying this all year regarding Trent Brown because the Pats drafted Wynn. The Pats are franchising either Brown or Flowers, maybe neither because they don't like paying anyone. Jets should sign both away from them if it's possible. Flowers was a beast last night, he was all over the place. Brown & Paradis, then draft Best Guard available if you can trade back into the 2nd. Fix the Oline, Darnold will flourish if he's comfortable. 

12 minutes ago, The Gooch said:

Oh Come on now!  Dee Ford is off sides on one play and now we don't want him lol!!!!

He literally lost the game on that 1 stupid azz play! Lined up off sides on a turnover that probably wins the game & puts you in the Super Bowl. Crazy this isn't the only thing people are talking about this morning...big pass on Dee Ford!

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

He literally lost the game on that 1 stupid azz play! Lined up off sides on a turnover that probably wins the game & puts you in the Super Bowl. Crazy this isn't the only thing people are talking about this morning...big pass on Dee Ford!

Yes I realized it cost KC the game but the guy for his career has been a great player I would still want him on my team any day a lot of great players have made mistakes not only in football but other sports too.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I think the biggest take away is put the vast majority of your resources into Offense.

the chiefs scored 31 points in the 2nd half and lost - to beat the patriots you need to keep scoring, all game, period.  and you need to be able to run the ball too b/c the pats will scheme to make you one dimensional.  you need multiple rbs to control the game.  bell is a good fit on the jets.

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

This is true.  Ask anyone who has played OL in college or nfl.  I knew a guy who played D1 at Mississippi State said they hold every play it’s just what gets caught

I coached in a top AAU program in Florida for years and players are allowed to hold as long as their arms are Not extended. 

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

the chiefs scored 31 points in the 2nd half and lost - to beat the patriots you need to keep scoring, all game, period.  and you need to be able to run the ball too b/c the pats will scheme to make you one dimensional.  you need multiple rbs to control the game.  bell is a good fit on the jets.

I think the Chiefs were out-physicalled more than schemed.  At least int he running game.  The had some looks that Mahomes did not recognize, yes.

9 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Dee Ford's brain fart, lining up offsides, cost them the game.

huge mistake.  it was a ticky tacky foul.  it seemed like the refs threw the flag after the ball was intercepted.  but for the past two games the patsies kept the pass rush away from brady.  so much for getting an edge rusher.

Archived