What we learned tonight about Dee Ford and Trent Brown

Philc1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

More than the offsides, my problem with Dee Ford Sunday was that, like most of the Chiefs, he seemed like a no show on running plays.  

And Ford has been a no show on running plays all year the chiefs run defense was ranked 27th

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

A guy who helps on passing downs only is a Maybin or Luvu replacement IMO.  I want a starter that can pressure. 

Ford seems like a guy that can pressure on any passing down.  I'm just saying if he's a bit of a liability on run plays, I can accept that.

We've avoided grabbing a true EDGE rusher since Gholston burned us over a decade ago.  "How's that going for ya?" is applicable here.  

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

A big part of it is they're signed by teams who are desperate, like the Giants.  Solder was horrible his last couple of seasons and the Giants threw all that money at him and then stick him on an OL that was horrible with or without him.  BB is great at getting rid of these players at the right time, he knows when theyre done.  I think thats a big part of it, know it applies to Solder and Mankins.  And I do think with the reputation the Pats have that they do get the benefit of the doubt too often

Not to meantion Solder actually played much better as the season went along he only sucked the first four-five games it happens after free agents get big contracts

Imagine playing the Pats OL twice a year instead of one every three years, then guarantee his number will definitely drop by a good margin.  I remember on one occasion watching a Pats linemen dragging him like a rag doll on a running play.    

On 1/20/2019 at 11:11 PM, Philc1 said:

This is true.  Ask anyone who has played OL in college or nfl.  I knew a guy who played D1 at Mississippi State said they hold every play it’s just what gets caught

not caught, please use the word called because i have seen refs look directly at the holding and not call it they were caught but not called

13 hours ago, DRJETS said:

Imagine playing the Pats OL twice a year instead of one every three years, then guarantee his number will definitely drop by a good margin.  I remember on one occasion watching a Pats linemen dragging him like a rag doll on a running play.    

Nothing like a sample size of one play to pass judgment on the kid's entire career to date and into the future.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Nothing like a sample size of one play to pass judgment on the kid's entire career to date and into the future.

Same poster who criticizes me for pointing out Ford has had 4 or less sacks in 3 out of 5 seasons as a pro

Talk about a small sample

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ford seems like a guy that can pressure on any passing down.  I'm just saying if he's a bit of a liability on run plays, I can accept that.

We've avoided grabbing a true EDGE rusher since Gholston burned us over a decade ago.  "How's that going for ya?" is applicable here.  

Jets fans apply a completely different standard to non-Jets players than to their own. Their capacity to justify atrocious underperformance of guys wearing the laundry would make a contortionist envious.

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Sample size how about the whole game.  He was total invisible being man handle by  a super Pats OL on the biggest stage.  Granted it is just a game and I don’t see him often but the impression I got is that he is a just a pretender.  

51 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Sample size how about the whole game.  He was total invisible being man handle by  a super Pats OL on the biggest stage.  Granted it is just a game and I don’t see him often but the impression I got is that he is a just a pretender.  

He bombed in the biggest game he played in. That's bad. (ahem: Curtis Martin).

But--you need players who can perform at an elite level during the season (13 sacks qualifies) to even get to the big games. I'm not saying he's Lawrence Taylor 2.0 but he'd be the most accomplished pass rusher this team has had since Abraham. Worth a look? Very difficult to agree with anyone who'd vote "hard pass."

I pray next off season we are dissecting which Jets underperformed in the the AFC Champ game.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

He bombed in the biggest game he played in. That's bad. (ahem: Curtis Martin).

But--you need players who can perform at an elite level during the season (13 sacks qualifies) to even get to the big games. I'm not saying he's Lawrence Taylor 2.0 but he'd be the most accomplished pass rusher this team has had since Abraham. Worth a look? Very difficult to agree with anyone who'd vote "hard pass."

I pray next off season we are dissecting which Jets underperformed in the the AFC Champ game.

Fair enough, I got your point.

Archived