Football is Stupid

RutgersJetFan

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When Burkhead scored I opened my phone and finally deleted the text thread—compiled over three years—between me and my ex-girlfriend because I figured I’d eat all this misery at the same time. 

I went into my kitchen and made a dessert in my food processor during that final drive. True story. I wasn't gonna watch that sh*t.

Championship weekend always is decided by which teams have the biggest tv markets for the super bowl 

if this league could make 5 dollars more by having one team in vs another, they are going to move the refs toward that 5 dollar outcome

TV markets is the only reason LA has 1 team let alone 2 

everything is always about money 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Championship weekend always is decided by which teams have the biggest tv markets for the super bowl 

if this league could make 5 dollars more by having one team in vs another, they are going to move the refs toward that 5 dollar outcome

Then why did we lose to Indy, Denver, and Pittsburgh?

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

A converted white QB from ******* Akron 7th round pick couldnt be stopped. Belichick is the best. Should be on Mt Rushmore.

Matt, while this is a salient point, please note that we’re up in this thread contemplating mass suicide so maybe the sophistry can wait until after the apocalypse moon thing, you insensitive son of a bitch. 

We are living in a computer simulation.  Whoever is controlling it tweaks things just a little to see how much pain we can take.  Like making the Pats convert continuous impossible 3rd and longs and their receivers are always miraculously open EVERY ******* TIME and the NEVER drop the ball.  EVER.  **** you overlords.  I'm done playing.  You win.

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

speculation -- LA is a bigger metro area but NOLA / mississippi / alabama may have more ppl that care about football and thus would be a bigger actual TV market as opposed to being  theoretical market interested in the rams.

ppl care about football down south...

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Rams are the sexier of the two LA teams. Young team, young coach. It isn't shocking that they forced them in.

They'll probably make them win the Super Bowl. What better way for them to win than to have the entire country behind them to beat Tom Brady?

This is Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant in WrestleMania.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Matt, while this is a salient point, please note that we’re up in this thread contemplating mass suicide so maybe the sophistry can wait until after the apocalypse moon thing, you insensitive son of a bitch. 

And you are our Jim Jones

I'm actually pretty numb to it anymore.  It doesn't bother me as much as it should.  Just hope the Rams can beat them.

On a side note, it is amazing how many NFL coaches outside of Belichick can't grasp the simple concept of making someone other than the best players beat you.  3rd and long 3 times in OT.  KC just lets them go to their bread and butter in 1 on 1 matchups.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That was comforting, sir. Thanks for reaching out. I hope the tariffs thing jumps to 90% on ethanol and the blight turns your crops to ash, you corn-pone yokel.

Well that's hurtful.  

Luckily I am not a share cropper.  I'm one of lucky ones in this great state that shovels manure for a living.

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm actually pretty numb to it anymore.  It doesn't bother me as much as it should.  Just hope the Rams can beat them.

On a side note, it is amazing how many NFL coaches outside of Belichick can't grasp the simple concept of making someone other than the best players beat you.  3rd and long 3 times in OT.  KC just lets them go to their bread and butter in 1 on 1 matchups.

I think about this all the time. I feel like belicheck is the only coach that does the obvious thing, like any fan would shout at the tv would. 

Archived