Can The Rams Beat'em?

DMan77

Just now, BigO said:

You guys bitchin about the Pats all night being given the game is infantile. Numerous calls were made against NE that could have finished them but Brady’s resilience came thru time and time again. Give the guy some credit. That was a great playoff game. 

I mean cool but... Can the Rams beat them? Is the topic I'd like to stay on...

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

YES. The Rams' DLINE: Donald, Suh, Fowler, Brockers w/don't blow my WADe PHILLIPS calling the Defense SHALL PREVAIL!!!!

Chiefs couldn’t smell Brady’s cologne today and they led the league in sacks and the Pats OL totally neutralized their pass rush. SB will be more of the same. 

9 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I mean cool but... Can the Rams beat them? Is the topic I'd like to stay on...

This is the playoff game thread. Dig? But to answer your question- I don’t see it. Goff is good but raw. Gurley is hurt and if he’s not 100% fugetaboutit. Rams D took looked vulnerable today. They should have lost that game but were robbed by the refs on not one but two terrible PI calls. Brady will pick them apart with Gronk and Edelman but the key will be Michel who is running great. Pats 34 Rams 20

1 hour ago, teptep said:

The Patriots may be facing a karmic unwinding - losing to all the teams they first beat in the Superbowl. They lost to the Eagles. If they lose to the Rams, they'll be due to lose to the Panthers next year.

Or beat the Giants

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

YES. The Rams' DLINE: Donald, Suh, Fowler, Brockers w/don't blow my WADe PHILLIPS calling the Defense SHALL PREVAIL!!!!

This is what I was going to post. The pressure up the middle is Brady's Achilles heal. The Rams are strong there.  That gives them a fighters chance here. brady threw two official (3 really) picks today with almost no pressure. 

Goff going against the hood?  That's another story. I don't like the looks of that one. 

6 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

The Rams can win, I hope Gurley is fit for the game. He was definitely held out v the Saints. The Rams have a top pass rusher and Suh. I hope they have enough?

Hopefully 2 weeks helps him heal or rest up... 

But it comes down to that pass rush, I agree. 

On paper, they have the sort of defense that is problematic for Brady.  Eg a strong pass rush up the middle.  But they seem to be surprisingly weak at various points during games, and you basically have to play flawlessly throughout 4 quarters to beat the Pats.

I don't know, they don't give me great confidence.

Chiefs Oline allowed too much pressure on Mahomes in the 1st half of last nights game. Rams Oline is similar to 2009/2010 Jets (highly paid above average veterans). Donald is the best defensive player in the NFL, Suh plays 100% in the Super Bowl  instead of his usually 75% in the regular season. Talib & Peters are above average CBs unlike KC Chiefs crappy CBs. 

CJ Anderson is a bowling ball & let's hope a 3 week rest has Gurley able to contribute. Rams definitely have a chance. 

Much better teams in the NFC now than the AFC, Rams won a bunch of games, have an above average running game behind a very good Oline. 

Goff is incredibly accurate when he has time, but the biggest impact in this game will be Wade Phillips stopping the Patriots running game. Their running game has propelled them in their last 2 games. It gave them a 14 point lead on the road vs Chiefs, the Chargers couldn't stop it, but Wade Phillips has the types of players up front that can slow down that running game. Stop the run, get pressure UP THE MIDDLE and Rams can take control of this game. 

Start with CJ Anderson in the 1st half, unleash Gurley in the 2nd half where he can give 100% knowing he'll have the entire offseason to heal up.

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

Can they - yes.

Will they - I'm not so sure. Young QB vs Beli doesn't usually end well.

Sub-question - if yesterday's game was Pats vs. Rams, does that PI / helmet to helmet hit get called? ;-) 

that gets called 120 out of 10 times if it was against the Pats

12 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

wade phillips is an excellent defensive coach.  if there's a way to get to tommy boy he'll find a way.  and if tommy boy is touched the patsies lose.

11 hours ago, BigO said:

You guys bitchin about the Pats all night being given the game is infantile. Numerous calls were made against NE that could have finished them but Brady’s resilience came thru time and time again. Give the guy some credit. That was a great playoff game. 

It was a great game.

People also say Andy Reid choked.  I don't see that either.   The Chiefs dug a hole, came back, and if Dee Ford understands how to line up at the line of scrimmage, the Chiefs win.  But he doesn't, and the Chiefs D folded down the stretch and they lost.

Question.   When the Pats got the ball back with 2 minutes left, did anyone actually think they weren't going to score?

I haven't followed the NFC very closely. 
I know the Rams rush is top 3-ish in the league... And I know Goff threw for 4,500 yards... And I know they won tough games against (Calls aside) the Saints tonight as well as beating the Chiefs in a shoot out. I know the also lost to the Bears on the road, which doesn't look really good... A good defense shut them down hard.
But that's about all I know. Their defense seems pretty middle of the road. 
Meh. 

The Rams can definitely beat The Patriots, it's the referees and the NFL that they have no chance against...

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived