Imagine being a Boston sports fan

WayneChrebet80

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Boston.

It's hell... Well, for me.

It's actually kind of sad for me... I grew up with family and friends who used to be super humble about sports and not take themselves so seriously... Now it's different. Now everyone is stuck up and privileged.

I'm a Yankees fan so I understand that winning sometimes changes folks... But it's just really bad around here. The arrogance is unbearable. 

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

5A84D519-7301-4B9B-B811-118C97A7FC08.gif

I went to school up there JUST as it was starting to turn in their favor. Brady won it my senior year and I still recall the MASSIVE gathering on Harvard & Brighton Ave outside of Blanchard's Liquor Super Store and people jumping on buses and cars while burning all the plastic The Daily Phoenix bins until they melted into liquid onto the asphalt. It was bedlam and the mob chants went from Go Pats to U-S-A (9/11 was that year) to finally LOOT BLANCHARDS! THAT"S WHEN the cops finally decided to put an effort to corral the chaos: a liquor store looting is prohibited while everything IN SITE was being burned to the ground, but that's OK,  b/c the "Pats WON the SB" :roll:

Friggin ANIMALS UP THERE!!!! I graduated in 3 years to get the HELL out of there and come back to NYC. 

4 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I live in Boston.

It's hell... Well, for me.

It's actually kind of sad for me... I grew up with family and friends who used to be super humble about sports and not take themselves so seriously... Now it's different. Now everyone is stuck up and privileged.

I'm a Yankees fan so I understand that winning sometimes changes folks... But it's just really bad around here. The arrogance is unbearable. 

Don’t worry after Brady retires they will all become Giants fans again

33 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If Belichick doesn’t have Brady fall in his lap he gets fired by 2003 and is now a DC somewhere

I doubt that is true. Brady is huge but he is just a better coach than everyone else.

That said the "TD wins the game in OT" rule is fine for regular season but not for the AFC Championship game. It should just be an extra quarter.

33 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I went to school up there JUST as it was starting to turn in their favor. Brady won it my senior year and I still recall the MASSIVE gathering on Harvard & Brighton Ave outside of Blanchard's Liquor Super Store and people jumping on buses and cars while burning all the plastic The Daily Phoenix bins until they melted into liquid onto the asphalt. It was bedlam and the mob chants went from Go Pats to U-S-A (9/11 was that year) to finally LOOT BLANCHARDS! THAT"S WHEN the cops finally decided to put an effort to corral the chaos: a liquor store looting is prohibited while everything IN SITE was being burned to the ground, but that's OK,  b/c the "Pats WON the SB" :roll:

Friggin ANIMALS UP THERE!!!! I graduated in 3 years to get the HELL out of there and come back to NYC. 

First the "Witches, and now THIS,  Civilized people those New Englanders.

25 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I doubt that is true. Brady is huge but he is just a better coach than everyone else.

That said the "TD wins the game in OT" rule is fine for regular season but not for the AFC Championship game. It should just be an extra quarter.

You just want to keep adding quarters until someone finally beats the Pats.

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Fun fact: last time BB won a playoff game without Brady was 1994

BB without Brady is Al Groh

6 hours ago, PS17 said:

That place is Scranton....with clams

HBO did a documentary about 20 something kids on Cape Cod doing heroin nonstop they all wear Pats jerseys and Red Sox hats

Meanwhile us New Yorkers work and lead productive lives

20 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

Not so sure. Whenever Brady got hurt, they kept winning.... Cassell, etc. 

w/ Cassell they went from ZERO losses in 2007 to FIVE in 2008 and MISSED the playoffs.  Matt Cassell would win a division title w/ KC.

Belichkc has been a HC for 7 full seasons w/o Brady.  He's over 10 games below .500, never won a division title, had 5 losing seasons, just 1 playoff season as a WC team and 1 home playoff win before getting humiliated in the divisional round to a team that wouldn't even make the SB.

we saw again BBs D come up small in a big game yesterday, it's a tradition no matter what team he's coaching.

yesterday his D allowed 31 pts in 20 mins on the field. 

SB XXV D was on field about 20 mins, allowed 17 pts. if NYGs O doesn't control the clock they don't win

1998 AFC Championship.  His D blows double digit 2nd half lead

SB 36- his D becomes 1st ever to blow double digit 4th qtr lead in the SB(blew 14 pt lead)

SB 38- his D becomes 2nd ever D to blow DD 4th qtr lead(11) as they allowed 19 4th qtr pts.

2006 AFC Championship- blows 24-6 lead against legendary choking QB

SBs 42 & 46, allowed late game TDs to a mediocre QB to blow both SBs

2010- allows 28 at home in div rd to a Mark Sanchez led offense

SB 52- Loses a SB where his O scored 33(never happened before), allows 41 pts to a Nick Foles led offense.

Bill Belichick built his reputation as a great D coach when he had the greatest defensive player of all time w/ the Giants, he built this reputation that he is the greatest HC of all time on the back of the greatest QB of all time.

1 hour ago, roscoeword said:

Not so sure. Whenever Brady got hurt, they kept winning.... Cassell, etc. 

lol no kidding. 

The "fun fact" is he hadn't had to be in a playoff game without Brady since 1994; the stat is hardly indicative of anything other than short-lived Jets fan pleasure that an 11-5 season once meant no division title and no wildcard (though having it go to Miami was no better). 11-5 with a 7th round backup QB who hadn't started a game since 8 years prior - in freaking high school - and were arguably an OT coin toss (never mind a full offseason of Cassel-starting preparation) away from another 12-win season anyway. But yeah without one player he's Al Groh. 

We've obviously had the right men in charge and all over the field, and are fortunate things went just the way they did post-Parcells. ;) 

Archived