Imagine being a Boston sports fan

11 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Please he's on a roll. 

I'm still :rl: at the Herm > Belichick assertion that even I wasn't expecting. Hey every time they show his disgusting mug on TV I think I'm looking at the face of pure evil, but anyone who'd make the case we had better coaching here with Herm through Bowles is deserving of his own Netflix comedy special. 

Matt Cassel on the bench for 7 out of 7 years since HS, not even starting a single game in all that time, and still finishing with 11 wins = the same as finishing 4-12 because no playoffs is no playoffs. When we won the division with a 9-7 record back in 2002 due to a coin toss tie breaker that was a better season, you see.

#logic #rationality 

YOU brought up Herm trying to deflect from your non existent counter to what I wrote.  I simply pointed out a fact that Herm had a better HC career than BB has had without brady.  It's an indisputable fact.  4 playoff apps to 1, 2 playoff wins to 1, 1 division title to zero.  

Awesome job with Cassell to lose 5 more games than the previous season against a much weaker schedule and with a guy who would soon win a division title with another team.  

You are doing a great job presenting an argument to back your opinions.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

YOU brought up Herm trying to deflect from your non existent counter to what I wrote.  I simply pointed out a fact that Herm had a better HC career than BB has had without brady.  It's an indisputable fact.  4 playoff apps to 1, 2 playoff wins to 1, 1 division title to zero.  

Awesome job with Cassell to lose 5 more games than the previous season against a much weaker schedule and with a guy who would soon win a division title with another team.  

You are doing a great job presenting an argument to back your opinions.

I brought him up to see if you'd still cling to that one. Thank you for not disappointing.

Herm > Belichick lol. Keep going. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Without Brady:

BB 7 seasons, 5 losing seasons, 1 playoff app, 1 WC playoff win

Romeo Crennell 6 seasons, 5 losing seasons, zero playoff apps, won more than 6 one time

Josh McDaniels 2 seasons, fired in second season. 11-17 record.  

Eric Mangini 5 seasons, 3 losing seasons, 1 WC playoff app, zero playoff wins

Bill obrien 5 seasons, only coach from his tree with any success. Only one losing season but only 1 WC playoff win in 5 years.

Charlie Weis failed in college at multiple stops.

For the NFL coaches they coached a combined 24+ seasons and in total made just 5 playoff apps and won a grand total of TWO playoff games with both wins coming at home in the wild card round.

Brady is the system

Brady is the GOAT.  Do these guys pay attention to what Brady does during the games?  He makes the right reads, audibles, directs presnap motions, goes through progressions, has fantastic pocket awareness, gets rid of the ball quickly and can make all the throws at the age of what is he now 41?

Bill Belichick will be sprinting out of Foxboro the day Brady retires

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I brought him up to see if you'd still cling to that one. Thank you for not disappointing.

It’s ridiculous to argue Herm > Belichick I just also happen to think it’s ridiculous when I hear people, even Jets fans, worship Belichick like he’s this omniscient being when he has won nothing without Tom Brady and probably never will

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's a results business. What is better- 4 playoff apps or 1? 2 playoff wins it 1? 1 division title or none?(by the way the division title was over BB and Brady, the only non playoff season for Brady)

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

It’s ridiculous to argue Herm > Belichick I just also happen to think it’s ridiculous when I hear people, even Jets fans, worship Belichick like he’s this omniscient being when he has won nothing without Tom Brady and probably never will

I'm not saying Herm is better but Herm did better as a HC than BB did without Brady.  

On 1/21/2019 at 6:55 AM, Dcat said:

I edited and added a couple of details.  In 1973 the knicks win another Championship and I also loved watching Julius Irving with that huge afro and the red, white and blue ball over at the Nassau Coliseum, who then won their 1st ABA championship.    

went to an ABA playoff game vs an Antone--  Dr J and frggn Gervin..  man! that was some ish!

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, nyjunc said:

It's a results business. What is better- 4 playoff apps or 1? 2 playoff wins it 1? 1 division title or none?(by the way the division title was over BB and Brady, the only non playoff season for Brady)

I'm not saying Herm is better but Herm did better as a HC than BB did without Brady.  

Remember all those games Herm coached the Jets to victory with a QB who hadn't started a game in 8 years since he was a teenager in HS?

The more apt comparison is Herm's results with unexpected ever-starter Brooks Bollinger, not his 1st round pick starting QB.

Herm would have had the Pats with 12+ victories in Belichick's place in 2008, as HC of the Matt Cassel Patriots. This is the natural conclusion of your position.

Do keep going.

17 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I get your point.  The worship of BB is getting out of control

He’s won zero without Brady and never will

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Remember all those games Herm coached the Jets to victory with a QB who hadn't started a game in 8 years since he was a teenager in HS?

The more apt comparison is Herm's results with unexpected ever-starter Brooks Bollinger, not his 1st round pick starting QB.

Herm would have had the Pats with 12+ victories in Belichick's place in 2008, as HC of the Matt Cassel Patriots. This is the natural conclusion of your position.

Do keep going.

Yep, because Brooks would win a division title with other teams and Brooks took over a team that was undefeated.  Excellent comparison!?

You are doing a great job with this discussion ?

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I get your point.  The worship of BB is getting out of control

He’s won zero without Brady and never will

Also, if you examine his record as a defensive coach it's all built upon having the greatest defensive player of all time.  Check how many times in the post LT era that his Dad came up small in big games including last week but I saw headlines explaining to us how BB shut down mahomes ?

• 2 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:58 AM, ghost_in_pads02 said:

The racist comment was not directed at you. It was yes directed toward another poster. I just did not feel like  replying separately. The thread is flooded enough.

And I already addressed your points about booing. They made no sense to separate how a Boston fan would boo compared  to how a NY fan would boo. It's all the same emotions and premise.

And to now address your comment about racism in Boston..Going back to the Bill Russell days and the Tom Yawkey red sox days is dumb to me cause  sports in boston is not like that in anyway anymore.

Separate incidences are separate incidences. Like you said..A-hole fans being a-hole fans, but boston as far as sports is no more racist than the next city.

And you have no idea how long I been here like u dont live in boston. I dont come here w an agenda, you got the wrong person. as I said I'm pretty respectful here. If not i would of been banned a long time ago.

I just find it funny. If I was to have "fun" making jokes like you guys do. How offended alot of you guys get. 

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:51 AM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Don't really want to get into a back an forth with you here.  Just think about this.  I seldom give a negative reaction to a post unless I find it exceedingly  ridiculous, insensitive,  or distasteful.  I have given you several.  Other times, I felt like it and didn't because I didn't want to  "pile on"  There is a reason you have a negative reputation nearing two hundred responses.  It is not all the result of your being a Patriot Fan. Other posters are acerbic, sarcastic,  contrary,  and even nasty.  You don't get banned for that.  You do get banned for going over the top.  You don't do that.  Congratulations,   The "contrarians" don't have the negative reps you do. Other posters support other sports teams too.  They don't get the same treatment you do either. The  "fact" that you are In a contentious back and forth with at least  two posters at the same time necessitating you to combine responses, because you don't feel like responding separately, should tell you something. Constant conflict, for me, is not "fun".  If that amuses you or makes you feel better, knock yourself out.  If that's the case ,then I feel sorry for you.

No History Huh?  Guess you don't have much of a memory.  Explains some things about you.  Read this thread, maybe it will refresh your recollection.  There are others.  I don't disrespect people for no reason.  You have earned it.  Plenty of times.

Excellent coaching and team culture has everything to do with success, at every level.  Saban in college, and BB in the NFL.  

Leave NE, how successful are the players and coaches?  Alabama, for all their lopsided success, how many actually end up mega studs in the NFL?  Ohio State has them beat by a mile in players drafted, and successful at the highest level in the pros.

Coaching, coaching, coaching.

Ha ha..yes dude you are HYPER SENSITIVE like no other...u really let an online back n forth bothering to the point you went fishing for this to show "history"?

I'm sorry but get help..you may think you uncovered the holy grail or something but all you did was just show how your bothered by someone having a different opinion than your own

No name calling by me, nothing out of line just posting..but yet you were so bothered...wow! 

36 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Ha ha..yes dude you are HYPER SENSITIVE like no other...u really let an online back n forth bothering to the point you went fishing for this to show "history"?

I'm sorry but get help..you may think you uncovered the holy grail or something but all you did was just show how your bothered by someone having a different opinion than your own

No name calling by me, nothing out of line just posting..but yet you were so bothered...wow! 

You have no opinion, never have.  That's why you have such a "positive" reputation on this board, -210 and counting.  There is no back and forth, you have nothing to offer.  All I have " uncovered" is outing you for the Troll Turd that you truly are. 

You don't bother me, as for your "opinion", other than being negative, ignorant and contrary, I have yet to see you voice one.  OK "Dude"??  Grow up.

Trolling fans of Sports Teams that you don't even support tells anyone all they need to know about you.

26 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

You have no opinion, never have.  That's why you have such a "positive" reputation on this board, -210 and counting.  There is no back and forth, you have nothing to offer.  All I have " uncovered" is outing you for the Troll Turd that you truly are. 

You don't bother me, as for your "opinion", other than being negative, ignorant and contrary, I have yet to see you voice one.  OK "Dude"??  Grow up.

Trolling fans of Sports Teams that you don't even support tells anyone all they need to know about you.

Ahhh ok.

@nyjunc thk u. I enjoy your post as well..(except for the BB ones ha ha...but Its all good.)

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2019 at 3:47 PM, nyjunc said:

Rich Kotite as a HC got the Eagles to 1 playoff appearance and they went 1-1 that year.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199301030nor.htm

image.png.493577dea50df39199bc424d73a9c18a.png 

35 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rich Kotite as a HC got the Eagles to 1 playoff appearance and they went 1-1 that year.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199301030nor.htm

image.png.493577dea50df39199bc424d73a9c18a.png 

BB as a HC without Brady is very similar to Rich kotite.  Kotite is closer to .500, each made one postseason and went 1-1 but kotite lost to a dynasty team in the div Rd while BB lost to a team that wouldn't even make the SB.

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Practically the same.

BB without Brady starting(7+ full seasons):

54-63

1 postseason app

1 postseason win(WC home)

5 losing seasons

Rich kotite (6 full seasons):

40-56

1 postseason app

1 postseason win (WC road)

3 losing seasons

Very similar but Rich gets the nod

• Haha 1

Just now, nyjunc said:

54-63

1 postseason app

5 losing seasons

40-56

1 postseason app

3 losing seasons

i know all of those coaching jobs he's had since the Jets gives him the edge

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

54-63

1 postseason app

5 losing seasons

40-56

1 postseason app

3 losing seasons

LOL

Well done

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Something to think about in this Boston/Lil Bill/Brady talk.  In 2020 Tom Brady will be a UFA.

Think this might be the last year for Brady in NE.  Weird they haven't extended their GOAT QB

Doubt it.

Kraft loves Brady.  As long as he’s alive and Brady wants to play he’ll be a patriot even if it means telling Belicheat to take a hike

• Upvote 1