Imagine being a Boston sports fan

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

When BB comes to the play the Jets in NJ, he's not on the Jets. Nobody is booing him because he was a Jet, they are booing him because he's a Pat. And to be totally honest, when he left the Jets, nobody cared. We all thought he was crazy scribbling I Resign on a napkin.  He was a losing HC from the Browns and he was losing with Bledsoe. We were actually happy he left after seeing how bad the Pats were under him before Mo Lewis knocked Bledose out. 

And nobody here hated Revis. He had to go and reasonable Jet fans understood. But now that you bring Revis up, do you care to explain how the Pats signed him within hours of him becoming a FA? 

That is how booing Roger Clemens who was a productive member of the Red Sox and had a productive career after he left the Red Sox is different than what you described.

You Clearly haven't been here long enough. There was just a thread here the other day about BB...and many a jet fan brought up not liking him because how he left the jets 

And when Revis was a pat..the min a reciever caught a pass on Revis, jets fans were flooding this message board screaming how much he sucked

A lot of your facts are off based my friend 

And if I use your notion about booing greatness..that's exactly what you do here ever pats win, right?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Great job countering.  

When you remove all context, like passing off a QB who hadn't started a game since high school 8 years earlier, the same as any QB a coach planned on starting, and write off that 11-win season as simply "missed the playoffs" I think it's about all the countering that's required. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Please list any free agents who have come to Boston because the fandom there is unmatched as is the passion the fans have for their team....  Free Agents sign for  a few reasons, principally money, winning franchises, "going home", weather,  and perhaps lifestyle.  I have  never heard a free agent citing his "burning desire to play for a particular franchise based on fans' passion for the team.  Give me a break.

Al Hartford told his pops that was one of the main reasons he chose to be a Celtic.

So you never heard an athlete speak about the fandom of a city..they don't have to use my exact words now...geez

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

You Clearly haven't been here long enough. There was just a thread here the other day about BB...and many a jet fan brought up not liking him because how he left the jets 

And when Revis was a pat..the min a reciever caught a pass on Revis, jets fans were flooding this message board screaming how much he sucked

And if I use your notion about booing greatness..that's exactly what you do here ever pats win, right?

I boo the Pats because i hate the Pats. I am a Jets fan and that means you hate all division rivals whether they are great or not

I hate the Fin, I hate the Bills and I hate the Pats.

If you think that is a fault I have you can go back to your warm and fuzzy Pats place with the video tapes of stolen signals that Goodell was so afraid would cause a scandal,  he destroyed them, with Brady having ball boys deflate footballs and he was so afraid of conversations he had on text, he destroyed his phone with a hammer so it could be used as evidence, with the Refs not allowing you to even sneeze on Brady, with the Pats OL who hold every time someone beats them and never a flag, and their DB's who interfere with WR's in the EZ and the refs seem to miss it. Im sure you would be happier talking about that than me who really has a harsh dislike for this team. 

11 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

FINALLY IT HAS HAPPENED At last, a post where you make a cogent point.  We HATE Bill Bellicheat for many, many reasons, one of them certainly being because of the way he  left the Jets, worm-like creature that he is.  And you are right again when you state that Jet's fans screamed that Revis sucked, rightfully so, because he was a  Patsy, besides being a money grubbing, Gypsy Extortionist. As for Hating the New England Cheaters, there are thousands of reasons for hating them, amongst them their supreme arrogance, ill regard for basic NFL rules and their presence in our division.  Their "greatness" as you describe it  isn't a primary reason.  It goes much deeper than that.  I don't remember feeling the same DISGUST AND LOATHING for the San Francisco 49ers or the Pittsburgh Steelers when they dominated football,  the Hatred for the Patsies is a different animal I have no particular hatred for the Red Sox, and while both the Celtics and Bruins make me sick, "this" is much different.  Congratulations on your post.  I knew you could do it.

24 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Al Hartford told his pops that was one of the main reasons he chose to be a Celtic.

So you never heard an athlete speak about the fandom of a city..they don't have to use my exact words now...geez

Al Hartford? Really?

Ask African American players in baseball, even here now in 2019, what they think of Boston. Start with CC Sabathia and Adam Jones:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjM5er4lYDgAhXnYN8KHfBMAA0QzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.latimes.com%2Fsports%2Fsportsnow%2Fla-sp-sabathia-jones-fenway-racism-20170503-story.html&psig=AOvVaw2v7c5DxO0sHkfNnC_iMJpk&ust=1548204662470437

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

,Al Hartford told his pops that was one of the main reasons he chose to be a Celtic.

While I couldn't find out anything about Al Horford's discussion with his pops, an article about  why Al chose Boston listed the five reasons as:  Tradition, Brad Stevens, "Wanted to be wanted", style of play, and Isiah Thomas.  I guess in a stretch you could cite "tradition" but he was most likely referring to the winning tradition of the Celtics teams of the past.  You said that was the reason they come, so yeah exact words would be nice, rather than assumptions.  By the way if you wrote more comments like these instead of asinine jabs meant to provoke a negative response from OUR fan base, things would go a lot better.

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

While I couldn't find out anything about Al Horford's discussion with his pops, an article about  why Al chose Boston listed the five reasons as:  Tradition, Brad Stevens, "Wanted to be wanted", style of play, and Isiah Thomas.  I guess in a stretch you could cite "tradition" but he was most likely referring to the winning tradition of the Celtics teams of the past.  You said that was the reason they come, so yeah exact words would be nice, rather than assumptions.  By the way if you wrote more comments like these instead of asinine jabs meant to provoke a negative response from OUR fan base, things would go a lot better.

First off, I am pretty respectful to this board. I really dont care how I am perceived here though. I find it funny my "light jabs" are a problem, but this whole thread is about dissing Boston..ha ha

Now going back to your statement if you want to talk about using exact words. Your original point was..boston fans boo'd greatness like that's some type of problem when all fans boo the posing teams player(s)...why its highlighted to be a boston issue is beyond me..

And as a black fan I'm truly tired of the narrative that boston fans are the most racist..when all city display it..

You had a couple of baseball players making that statement..and guess what, it has happened in other ball parks as well and that's been reported.

Leonard fournette a issue with a racist fan in houston, TMZ had the video and it fell on deaf ears..but had that been in boston (never heard of any incidents in foxboro since the Kraft have taken over) there would of been an outside the lines report on ESPN...

But cool..I get it

As long as we keep winning and it pisses you guys off as a fan. That's all any boston fan should need.

58 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

You should be banned with the three stupid posts you just made!  Did you read the rules of the forum??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

First off, I am pretty respectful to this board. I really dont care how I am perceived here though. I find it funny my "light jabs" are a problem, but this whole thread is about dissing Boston..ha ha

Now going back to your statement if you want to talk about using exact words. Your original point was..boston fans boo'd greatness like that's some type of problem when all fans boo the posing teams player(s)...why its highlighted to be a boston issue is beyond me..

And as a black fan I'm truly tired of the narrative that boston fans are the most racist..when all city display it..

You had a couple of baseball players making that statement..and guess what, it has happened in other ball parks as well and that's been reported.

Leonard fournette a issue with a racist fan in houston, TMZ had the video and it fell on deaf ears..but had that been in boston (never heard of any incidents in foxboro since the Kraft have taken over) there would of been an outside the lines report on ESPN...

But cool..I get it

As long as we keep winning and it pisses you guys off as a fan. That's all any boston fan should need.

You got the wrong guy.  I never said a word about Rodger the Injector.  My points  were about booing Bellicheat, Mevis, and the Cheaters.  It's true, all cities have racists, as a white fan I'm tired  of it too. Assholes will be assholes, no matter where they live.  The historical narrative about Boston being racist is well earned, as far as I know, That came from Black Athletes who played in or for Boston, not me. How race got injected into this conversation is beyond me.  Maybe try engaging one poster at a time so you can keep your arguments straight. All my comments were in respect to the distaste of the Organization, Coach, and Players.  Nothing more.  If you feel a thread about Boston and it's fans is stupid, you are right.  I agree.  But, It was done as a parody, a joke. In FUN.  If you want like minded posters, as has been suggested, go to a Patriots website.  It's up to you.  You don't really bother me. Your last line is the most telling.  It seems your agenda, your sole purpose  for posting on JetNation is to piss people off.  It probably works too, just not with me.  Do as you please. It's a free country.  Just as it is our right to hate the guts of the putrid Patriocheats.  We are cool, it's not personal, maybe even funny.  One more thing, read the posts that were made between you and I and  you'll see what I mean/meant.

4 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Generally? Its a city with no culture whatsoever, other than one of dooshiness and petty jealousness of real cities like New York. They actually take pride in it. Getting drunk and fighting is a right of passage for boys. Being a bitch is how the girls relate to each other. And no matter what sex you are, be as racist and homophobic as you possibly can be, and you get to be a real Bostonian.

Is there lots of inbreeding too?  I mean besides the accurate things you list. That’s common in the Pennsylvania/Philadelphia region...Phil/Boston...1st Cousins.

10 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

When you remove all context, like passing off a QB who hadn't started a game since high school 8 years earlier, the same as any QB a coach planned on starting, and write off that 11-win season as simply "missed the playoffs" I think it's about all the countering that's required. 

He was  backup QB for Tom Brady for 3 full seasons, he didn't walk out of his HS locker room to the NFL.  he spent 4-5 years at USC then was in NE for 3 seasons being paid as a professional QB.  The record was nice but when you remove the conext of going UNDEFEATED a year earlier against a much tougher schedule, having talent around you that was undefeated, being a QB that would soon lead another franchise to a division title then you realize it was a failure not to reach the playoffs. 

even if you want to credit BB(he gets credit for everything, right?  I even saw him getting credit for stopping Mahomes the other night) we have a large sample size of 7 full seasons that shows him under .500 w/o Brady starting in both Cleveland and NE, 5 losing seasons and just 1 WC app and just 1 WC win(at home).  He was on the verge of getting ready to be fired before Brady rescued his career.  There is just ONE player still on the Pats from that first SB against the Rams in Feb of 02- he is the one that matters above anyone else, he is why they became and continue to be a dynasty more than anyone else and Sunday proved that once again as we saw another BB D come up small in a big game only to be rescued once again by Brady and the O.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

When he went for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG and got stuffed, all I could think was I hope they lose by a FG.  Bad call and they still won. 

that bogus roughing on Brady penalty was almost as bad as the non call PI in the Saints Rams game

Dee Ford MVP

22 hours ago, nyjunc said:

7 seasons without Brady:

5 losing seasons

1 playoff app(WC)

1 home playoff win in WC Rd

Over 10 games under .500

He had the following QBs:

Bennie kosar- Bernie made 3 conf title games without BB

Vinny- made WC with BB, made championship game and won div title with Parcells

Bledsoe- 5-13 with BB, made SB with Parcells

Cassell- missed playoffs with BB (after inheriting undefeated team), led KC to division title

Stop posting facts dammit!  Brady just plays in BB’s “system”  Brian Hoyer would have similar success 2DFF1E3D-BF14-4491-89BE-8134191A3ECE.jpeg.e6df5cc95a12cd262562b763c7d1f7a7.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

He was  backup QB for Tom Brady for 3 full seasons, he didn't walk out of his HS locker room to the NFL.  he spent 4-5 years at USC then was in NE for 3 seasons being paid as a professional QB.  The record was nice but when you remove the conext of going UNDEFEATED a year earlier against a much tougher schedule, having talent around you that was undefeated, being a QB that would soon lead another franchise to a division title then you realize it was a failure not to reach the playoffs. 

even if you want to credit BB(he gets credit for everything, right?  I even saw him getting credit for stopping Mahomes the other night) we have a large sample size of 7 full seasons that shows him under .500 w/o Brady starting in both Cleveland and NE, 5 losing seasons and just 1 WC app and just 1 WC win(at home).  He was on the verge of getting ready to be fired before Brady rescued his career.  There is just ONE player still on the Pats from that first SB against the Rams in Feb of 02- he is the one that matters above anyone else, he is why they became and continue to be a dynasty more than anyone else and Sunday proved that once again as we saw another BB D come up small in a big game only to be rescued once again by Brady and the O.

Oh wow I didn't realize that he was a backup for 3 seasons after being a backup for 4 seasons in college prior to that. 

That clears it all up. We should expect him to walk right onto the field and perform the same as someone who'd started multiple full seasons since high school.

Starting a QB with 7 seasons as a backup and 0 seasons - in fact 0 games as a starter - means we should expect 12-14 wins or you're a big fraud of a HC.

But Mark Sanchez and Herm Edwards were the real winners. If only we'd had the two of them at the same time boyitellya.

11 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

You got the wrong guy.  I never said a word about Rodger the Injector.  My points  were about booing Bellicheat, Mevis, and the Cheaters.  It's true, all cities have racists, as a white fan I'm tired  of it too. Assholes will be assholes, no matter where they live.  The historical narrative about Boston being racist is well earned, as far as I know, That came from Black Athletes who played in or for Boston, not me. How race got injected into this conversation is beyond me.  Maybe try engaging one poster at a time so you can keep your arguments straight. All my comments were in respect to the distaste of the Organization, Coach, and Players.  Nothing more.  If you feel a thread about Boston and it's fans is stupid, you are right.  I agree.  But, It was done as a parody, a joke. In FUN.  If you want like minded posters, as has been suggested, go to a Patriots website.  It's up to you.  You don't really bother me. Your last line is the most telling.  It seems your agenda, your sole purpose  for posting on JetNation is to piss people off.  It probably works too, just not with me.  Do as you please. It's a free country.  Just as it is our right to hate the guts of the putrid Patriocheats.  We are cool, it's not personal, maybe even funny.  One more thing, read the posts that were made between you and I and  you'll see what I mean/meant.

The racist comment was not directed at you. It was yes directed toward another poster. I just did not feel like  replying separately. The thread is flooded enough.

And I already addressed your points about booing. They made no sense to separate how a Boston fan would boo compared  to how a NY fan would boo. It's all the same emotions and premise.

And to now address your comment about racism in Boston..Going back to the Bill Russell days and the Tom Yawkey red sox days is dumb to me cause  sports in boston is not like that in anyway anymore.

Separate incidences are separate incidences. Like you said..A-hole fans being a-hole fans, but boston as far as sports is no more racist than the next city.

And you have no idea how long I been here like u dont live in boston. I dont come here w an agenda, you got the wrong person. as I said I'm pretty respectful here. If not i would of been banned a long time ago.

I just find it funny. If I was to have "fun" making jokes like you guys do. How offended alot of you guys get. 

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Oh wow I didn't realize that he was a backup for 3 seasons after being a backup for 4 seasons in college prior to that. 

That clears it all up. We should expect him to walk right onto the field and perform the same as someone who'd started multiple full seasons since high school.

Starting a QB with 7 seasons as a backup and 0 seasons - in fact 0 games as a starter - means we should expect 12-14 wins or you're a big fraud of a HC.

But Mark Sanchez and Herm Edwards were the real winners. If only we'd had the two of them at the same time boyitellya.

Herm Edwards 8 yrs as a HC:

54-74,42%

4 playoff apps

1 division title

2 playoff wins

Bill Belichick 7+ seasons without Brady as HC:

54-63,  46%

1 playoff app(WC)

1 playoff win

Herm did a better job as a HC than BB has done without Brady.

BB did do a great job winning 10 and missing the playoffs with Cassell, he just wasn't as good as Todd Haley who won a division title with the same QB

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

The racist comment was not directed at you. It was yes directed toward another poster. I just did not feel like  replying separately. The thread is flooded enough.

And I already addressed your points about booing. They made no sense to separate how a Boston fan would boo compared  to how a NY fan would boo. It's all the same emotions and premise.

And to now address your comment about racism in Boston..Going back to the Bill Russell days and the Tom Yawkey red sox days is dumb to me cause  sports in boston is not like that in anyway anymore.

Separate incidences are separate incidences. Like you said..A-hole fans being a-hole fans, but boston as far as sports is no more racist than the next city.

And you have no idea how long I been here like u dont live in boston. I dont come here w an agenda, you got the wrong person. as I said I'm pretty respectful here. If not i would of been banned a long time ago.

I just find it funny. If I was to have "fun" making jokes like you guys do. How offended alot of you guys get. 

Adam Jones would beg to differ

7 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

This is the biggest problem with Bostonians. Trouble with facing reality. Just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it so.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

54-74,42%

4 playoff apps

1 division title

2 playoff wins

54-63,  46%

1 playoff app(WC)

1 playoff win

BB did do a great job winning 10 and missing the playoffs with Cassell, he just wasn't as good as Todd Haley who won a division title with the same QB

:rl: 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

54-74,42%

4 playoff apps

1 division title

2 playoff wins

54-63,  46%

1 playoff app(WC)

1 playoff win

Still trying to figure out Belichick’s “system” and why all his assistants suck when taking this “system” elsewhere 

Maybe it’s because Brady doesn’t follow the assistants? I dunno man

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Adam Jones would beg to differ

PK Subban was called the n-word by about a thousand different Boston sports fans on Twitter after he scored an OT goal against the bruins

Look, shoe was on the foot in the 90’s with the Yankees winning 4 World Series, the knicks were better than the Celtics in the 90’s, rangers and devils both won Stanley Cups, and Parcells owned the pats for a couple years until Vinny ruptured his achilles in week 1 that team probably wins a Super Bowl if that doesn’t happen

Jets got Sam and $100 million in cap room plus the third pick overall.  Knicks might be getting Zion or RJ in the draft if Stern doesn’t screw them again plus Porzingis is coming back plus they have cap room to get a couple big free agents.  Things can change I’ve been around

2 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Don't really want to get into a back an forth with you here.  Just think about this.  I seldom give a negative reaction to a post unless I find it exceedingly  ridiculous, insensitive,  or distasteful.  I have given you several.  Other times, I felt like it and didn't because I didn't want to  "pile on"  There is a reason you have a negative reputation nearing two hundred responses.  It is not all the result of your being a Patriot Fan. Other posters are acerbic, sarcastic,  contrary,  and even nasty.  You don't get banned for that.  You do get banned for going over the top.  You don't do that.  Congratulations,   The "contrarians" don't have the negative reps you do. Other posters support other sports teams too.  They don't get the same treatment you do either. The  "fact" that you are In a contentious back and forth with at least  two posters at the same time necessitating you to combine responses, because you don't feel like responding separately, should tell you something. Constant conflict, for me, is not "fun".  If that amuses you or makes you feel better, knock yourself out.  If that's the case ,then I feel sorry for you.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Still trying to figure out Belichick’s “system” and why all his assistants suck when taking this “system” elsewhere 

Maybe it’s because Brady doesn’t follow the assistants? I dunno man

Without Brady:

BB 7 seasons, 5 losing seasons, 1 playoff app, 1 WC playoff win

Romeo Crennell 6 seasons, 5 losing seasons, zero playoff apps, won more than 6 one time

Josh McDaniels 2 seasons, fired in second season. 11-17 record.  

Eric Mangini 5 seasons, 3 losing seasons, 1 WC playoff app, zero playoff wins

Bill obrien 5 seasons, only coach from his tree with any success. Only one losing season but only 1 WC playoff win in 5 years.

Charlie Weis failed in college at multiple stops.

For the NFL coaches they coached a combined 24+ seasons and in total made just 5 playoff apps and won a grand total of TWO playoff games with both wins coming at home in the wild card round.

Brady is the system

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

:rl: 

Even better, herm's 5 years with the Jets vs BBs 5 years with the browns:

Herm: 39-41, 49%

3 playoff apps

2 playoff wins

1 division title

BB:

36-44, 45%

1 playoff app

1 playoff win (WC Rd at home)

BB is the greatest of all time! ?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Without Brady:

BB 7 seasons, 5 losing seasons, 1 playoff app, 1 WC playoff win

Romeo Crennell 6 seasons, 5 losing seasons, zero playoff apps, won more than 6 one time

Josh McDaniels 2 seasons, fired in second season. 11-17 record.  

Eric Mangini 5 seasons, 3 losing seasons, 1 WC playoff app, zero playoff wins

Bill obrien 5 seasons, only coach from his tree with any success. Only one losing season but only 1 WC playoff win in 5 years.

Charlie Weis failed in college at multiple stops.

For the NFL coaches they coached a combined 24+ seasons and in total made just 5 playoff apps and won a grand total of TWO playoff games with both wins coming at home in the wild card round.

Brady is the system

no doubt that brady makes his oline play much better because he he gets rid of the ball so quickly.  but he's not responsible for the wr's running routes that get them into space for mainly uncontested receptions.  he's certainly not responsible for dee ford lining up in the neutral zone either. and cassel was able to run that system pretty effectively as did garappallo.

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

no doubt that brady makes his oline play much better because he he gets rid of the ball so quickly.  but he's not responsible for the wr's running routes that get them into space for mainly uncontested receptions.  he's certainly not responsible for dee ford lining up in the neutral zone either. and cassel was able to run that system pretty effectively as did garappallo.

Please he's on a roll. 

I'm still :rl: at the Herm > Belichick assertion that even I wasn't expecting. Hey every time they show his disgusting mug on TV I think I'm looking at the face of pure evil, but anyone who'd make the case we had better coaching here with Herm through Bowles is deserving of his own Netflix comedy special. 

Matt Cassel on the bench for 7 out of 7 years since HS, not even starting a single game in all that time, and still finishing with 11 wins = the same as finishing 4-12 because no playoffs is no playoffs. When we won the division with a 9-7 record back in 2002 due to a coin toss tie breaker that was a better season, you see.

#logic #rationality 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Don't really want to get into a back an forth with you here.  Just think about this.  I seldom give a negative reaction to a post unless I find it exceedingly  ridiculous, insensitive,  or distasteful.  I have given you several.  Other times, I felt like it and didn't because I didn't want to  "pile on"  There is a reason you have a negative reputation nearing two hundred responses.  It is not all the result of your being a Patriot Fan. Other posters are acerbic, sarcastic,  contrary,  and even nasty.  You don't get banned for that.  You do get banned for going over the top.  You don't do that.  Congratulations,   The "contrarians" don't have the negative reps you do. Other posters support other sports teams too.  They don't get the same treatment you do either. The  "fact" that you are In a contentious back and forth with at least  two posters at the same time necessitating you to combine responses, because you don't feel like responding separately, should tell you something. Constant conflict, for me, is not "fun".  If that amuses you or makes you feel better, knock yourself out.  If that's the case ,then I feel sorry for you.

Ha ha...what does you given me any negative reputations suppose to mean to me?...am I suppose to give a f cause you gave me several?

I was addressing your off base points talking about the title of the thread.

Nothing wrong with a good back n forth....get over yourself and bold as many words as you like..at the end of the day your points were off base...

1 hour ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Ha ha...what does you given me any negative reputations suppose to mean to me?...am I suppose to give a f cause you gave me several?

I was addressing your off base points talking about the title of the thread.

Nothing wrong with a good back n forth....get over yourself and bold as many words as you like..at the end of the day your points were off base...

I tried, you can't reason with unreasonable people.  I guess that you're just the ass you appear to be.  Don't respond, just walk west till your hat floats.  The way you act, unfortunately, gives credence to the very tone of the thread.  Enjoy.