OT: the blood moon thing is living up to the hype.

T0mShane

Just went to my roof to see it. Yeah definitely had a weird red mistiness. 

It was MASSIVE around 5pm, but no red. Definitely see the Red now. 

Worth the bundling up to see if you can get a clear shot at it. It's definitely some Lord of The Rings look to it and the city is DEAD quiet (UWS) in my area and you can only hear the wind. 

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s late and it’s cold, but you should go look at this sh*t. It’s creepy

The Vampires must love it...

But yeah, just went outside to check it out. Beautiful night here, and the eclipse is really cool... Moon is dark red. 

27 minutes ago, teptep said:

This was very cool and worth seeing.  Hope the prophesy isn't true.

Found this FWIW from the vaunted journalistic institution Allure:

the Blood Moon takes its name from the reddish hue the moon adopts during a lunar eclipse. Space.com explains that as the moon enters the shadow of the earth, it will begin to take on a rusty hue, saying, “Sunlight scatters to produce the red colors of sunset and sunrise when it enters Earth's atmosphere at a particular angle.” So although this moon can look quite apocalyptic, there really isn’t anything to be worried about . . . From a spiritual perspective, eclipses are a time of release and transformation when we’re asked to surrender what no longer serves us. . . 

Full moons and eclipses are both times of completion. While full moons complete the cycle of the month before, an eclipse cycle lasts between six months to a year. This often means that things feel chaotic because these events guide us into alignment that we may not be ready for just yet. Doors often close when we surrender to this energy, and although it sounds scary, the best thing we can do is to trust that this is in our highest favor and act accordingly.

According to astrologer Amelia Quint, the vibe for this particular eclipse is to expect the unexpected. “Between being at 0 degrees, square to rebellious Uranus, and right on top of asteroid Dionysus (the Greek god of wine and parties), the universe is sending everyone on a totally new adventure,” Quint explains. ”It might seem completely unexpected at first, but it'll probably be way more fun than what you had planned anyway.” The main takeaway? Just go with the flow.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

That’s awesome. I’ve always wanted a telescope but never knew which one is worth getting. Which one do you have? 

I have a short tube 80mm refractor from Orion telescopes.  They have a great beginners guide if you want to know more. 

Archived