If Sean Payton is fired by the Saints in 3 years when

DRJETS

Brees retire and the Jets looking for HC, then what are the chance Macc would try to hire him? I'm sure Payton will be reduced to trash by the fans, media, experts after Macc decide to hire another reboot failure coach. Who will not believe him again, I mean, he only won one SB with Brees.

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

In three years Macc will be beyond life support if this team isn't at least playing .500 ball. he will need a last minute Hail Mary like a big name coach like this.

Don't underestimate our owner who I will quote his preference for the next HC before the hiring process “Somebody who’s developed a young quarterback would be a plus".  I'm sure 7 lives Macc "the cat" hired this dude instead of the sure franchised transformation McCarthy for a reason and it was to his advantage and will definitely outwit our know-nothing owner to find a way to avoid being hacked next time around.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

So you have S Payton getting fired and Gase too for fun.  

And if Gase deserves to be replaced you think Macc will be the one doing the hiring?  

He survived the night of the long knives, NO?  What make you think seven live Macc won't survive the next one?  Like I said before do not underestimate our owners.  The Jets have terrible owners and this is one of the reason many franchised in the NFL do not prosper.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And if Gase deserves to be replaced you think Macc will be the one doing the hiring?  

His point is that McCarthy was talked down by fans for only winning 1 SB with Rodgers and the same can be said for Payton.

What the OP is missing is that no one ever accused Payton of being out of touch with the future of offensive schemes. Payton never lost the locker room or the support of his stat players. 

42 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Brees retire and the Jets looking for HC, then what are the chance Macc would try to hire him? I'm sure Payton will be reduced to trash by the fans, media, experts after Macc decide to hire another reboot failure coach. Who will not believe him again, I mean, he only won one SB with Brees.

Smore big game huntin....2.gif.ecde26b9d42ae4a74e9b288dd7cee8c1.gif

9 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

He survived the night of the long knives, NO?  What make you think seven live Macc won't survive the next one?  Like I said before do not underestimate our owners.  The Jets have terrible owners and this is one of the reason many franchised in the NFL do not prosper.  

Which has nothing to do with a third chance, no way hes here if Gase fails.  Common sense tells me he wouldnt survive. The owners get blamed by every fanbase.  I can make a case for owners sucking from Dallas, Miami, Wash, Car, Det, Az, Cincy, etc, etc.  

50 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Mac? Still here? In 3 years?

1409302458_giphy(2).gif.a8546ec6b9eed130c95c69b1c742272b.gif

12 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

His point is that McCarthy was talked down by fans for only winning 1 SB with Rodgers and the same can be said for Payton.

What the OP is missing is that no one ever accused Payton of being out of touch with the future of offensive schemes. Payton never lost the locker room or the support of his stat players. 

That makes more sense on some level but I dont really think thats what he meant.  Maybe though

18 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

McCarthy resurrected Bret Favre career as Favre stated and groomed an unproven diva me-first (stated by former teammates) late first round pick into stardom.  Brees was pretty good before he arrived in NO.  The only coach who lost the locker room was Adam Gase in Miami. as report coming down that many players said that they will not like to comeback to play for the Dolphins if he was coming back, Even Cameron Wake was opposed to bringing him back.  Get your fact straight. 

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Agreed.  If we are in the market for a new coach again in 3 years -- chances are Macc and the Coach are gone.  Not something I really want to think about right now.

Lets hope they got it right this time, and Gase helps Sam develop; Macc nails the draft and FA and we are on our way to being a consistent winner.  And we will not be back in the market in 3 years.

29 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  If we are in the market for a new coach again in 3 years -- chances are Macc and the Coach are gone.  Not something I really want to think about right now.

Lets hope they got it right this time, and Gase helps Sam develop; Macc nails the draft and FA and we are on our way to being a consistent winner.  And we will not be back in the market in 3 years.

Hello. Totally not a cop. Can I get the type and kind of drugs you see on and who you get them from? Again. Totally not a cop. 

1 hour ago, DRJETS said:

Dude can you just root for gase to succeed. 

1 hour ago, DRJETS said:

McCarthy resurrected Bret Favre career as Favre stated and groomed an unproven diva me-first (stated by former teammates) late first round pick into stardom.  Brees was pretty good before he arrived in NO.  The only coach who lost the locker room was Adam Gase in Miami. as report coming down that many players said that they will not like to comeback to play for the Dolphins if he was coming back, Even Cameron Wake was opposed to bringing him back.  Get your fact straight. 

So I was right? 

I didn’t bring up Gase.

So we're talking about a hypothetical situation taking place 3 years from now in 2022 where we assume Sean Payton has been fired, Adam Gase has been fired, yet Maccagnan is still with the Jets and we're asking whether "Macc will decide to hire another reboot failure coach"?

That's what this thread is about?

7 hours ago, DRJETS said:

Well if Cameron Wake didn't want him back.....That explains everything, get him out of here  ASAP.  Miami is in rebuild mode, how many of those "many" players will be back next year? Great leverage play there.  Your "Theory" also has MacCagnan surviving another failed coaching tenure?  Right.  Also, did you hear Johnson's explanation about why Gase?,  how he gushed about " knowing he was the right guy" and how he backed off McCarthy without outright discounting him?  Was that scenario an attempt to give cover to MacCagnan's  fingerprints on the Gase hiring, or was it because Johnson was the driving force behind the Gase hiring and not Macc. My money's on the later. Two truths in your post.  Rodgers is indeed a diva, and Brees was a good quarterback before Shawn Peyton.  What's on deck?  "I knew it was you Fredo, all along".  Your disdain for Gase is a little bit transparent, don't you think?

16 hours ago, DRJETS said:

The Jets will never pay for real coaches. The Johnsons are not willing to spend the money. They would look to hire the Saints's assisting OL coach for peanuts. 

Archived