Entirely too early offeseason mock(4 Round Draft/FA)

Patriot Killa

First Order of business:

1st rd tender on Robby Anderson. It’s only an extra 1.4 compared to using the 2nd round tender. You have the money so just do it.

Ask Gregg Williams to review tape of Leonard and determine if he believes that Williams can be salvaged and if it is worth the 14$. Trust his thoughts and move accordingly on LW. This would be the year to give an extra chance with a new DC if you really wanted to considering the Cap Space and the fact this team has the least amount of Cap $$ commitment in the league. ((assuming that he does get the tag..I’m going to work under those circumstances in this mock))

Deontay Burnett to the active roster.

Move Spencer To LG

Walk List:

Buster Skrine

Jermaine Kearse

Charon Peake(Trenton Cannon is our new gunner, no reason to waste a WR roster spot.)

Henry Anderson(working under the assumption we run the 4-3, (That is the reason I’m going to let Henry Anderson walk. )

Resign list:

Steve McClendon(DE/DT)- 1 Year deal 

Morris Claiborne(CB) - 3 year deal (with an escape hatch in the deal after the first year)

Darryl Roberts(CB) - 2 year deal

Frankie Luvu(MLB) - 1 year deal

Brandon Copeland(OLB) - 1 year deal 

Josh McCown(QB) - 1 year deal 

FA signings:

Le’Veon Bell(RB)- We get a jack of all trades RB in his prime who is the first truly elite player on offense since Curtis Martin, himself. He’ll give Darnold one of the most important security blankets he could ever have in this young part of his career where it’s needed the most.

(Alternative: Telvin Coleman)

Adam Humphries(Slot WR) - we get a 3rd down chain mover who can be money when we need it the most. Humphries has excellent hands and ran a healthy amount of the route tree with Monken scheming him open. He has the potential to be an integral part of a Adam Gase scheme. His style reminds me of Albert Wilson, slightly. Albert Wilson excelled with Gase.

0A107B7A-E1C7-4CDD-ADCB-0B6FD664EF17.thumb.jpeg.2dfe78597d5fd07e703dae56ba09a025.jpeg

(Alternative: Chris Conley)

Frank Clark(DE) - A young talented player who fits the new scheme and can provide a possible long term fill at RDE. 

70D41F99-7CD5-4562-B4FF-B232DA0A8C5B.thumb.jpeg.f89f1c7d5736d060edbea45e550f9b12.jpeg

(Alternative: Dante Fowler Jr.)

Mitch Morse(C) - After moving Spencer Long to LG has a last experiment to see if he can be salvaged on the last 2 remaining years on his contract, we yet again have a major hole at Center so we take Mitch Morse to hold it down long term.

1B937881-FA52-484B-9CAA-440BD38D9994.thumb.jpeg.eb985100fc768242a3d769e4dffe757e.jpeg

(Alternative: if we can’t sign Morse, I resign Jonatthan Harrison, and draft one.)

Bryce Callahan(Slot CB) - on a three year deal. He’s a young corner(27) and very talented player who can take over the slot for us, long term, while Morris and Tru come back to man the outside spots. I don’t trust Parry to start yet. And Darryl can rotate in and out where they find him best at. But a primary slot corner is needed. Bryce gets the job.

6FA1946B-B191-4895-B195-2DDFC3F4A952.thumb.jpeg.57e32023adb96ff49e53a8954e80568c.jpeg

(Alternative: Ronald Derby)

Ja’Waun James(RT) - Don’t know if Brandon Shell’s injury will keep him out longer than training camp but we go and get an ex-Dolphin who knows how to play in Gase’s offense and someone who is actually a year younger than Brandon Shell is. Brandon Shell is 27 and a very average player who was just injured. Definitely have to get a RT for more than one reason.

EEAB7F58-87A8-456C-BB3B-3D1492E9F8AD.thumb.jpeg.e09456e5c5e9564acdb9ab69995579e4.jpeg

(Alternative: Darryl Williams)

Draft:

Jets trade #3 overall pick(value: 2200) to Jacksonville Jaguars for #7 overall pick(value: 1500), 2019 2nd round #38 overall,(value: 520), 2020 2nd round pick.(value estimated: 500)

Jets value given: 2200

Jaguars value given: 2520

1st Round, #7 overall: DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss. 

— A bit too much of a rol of the dice for some posters taste but nonetheless we get great compensation for the 3rd pick and the best WR in the draft at #7. The Jets need a big X WR who can grab contested jump balls. we can focus on OL and take some reasonable players now that we have playmaker covered.

2nd Round, #38 Overall: Andre Dillard, LT, Washington

— Jets take a LT long term soluation for Kelvin Beachum. He can take over right away or we can give him a year of limited reps and groom him for next year’s full introduction to being a starting LT in the NFL

3rd Round, #68 Overall: Michael Dieter, LG/C, Wisconsin.

— Michael Dieter is a versatile OL who can play all long the inside of the line. He blocked well for Jonathan Taylor last season and can develop into quality starter, imo. We will most likely like him at LG for Spencer Long’s replacement. Spencer isn’t destined to be on the team for much longer. 

3rd Round, #95 Overall: Chase Winovich, DE/OLB, Michigan State.

— Jets get a seasoned senior pass rusher who has great speed and athleticism off the edge, someone can hit the opposing QB often as well as stop the run. He tallied 8.5 sacks and 19 tackles for loss as a junior along with  5.0 sacks and 15.5 tackles for a loss as a senior.

4th Round, #98 Overall: Dave Singletary, RB, FAU.

— Jets take a tough complimentary back to Le’Veon Bell. Singletary has amazing balance, long speed and will break tackles often. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I like a lot of this but I think Henry anderson is a good player and can be good in any scheme.  I'm not a huge fan of roberts.

With you on Anderson, a good coach can find a way to utilize a good, high-effort player.

What didnt you like about Roberts? He played very well when Trumaine was out and can likely be signed for a mid/low contract.

As far as the free agency/draft part of the thread, I dont want to spend money on CB outside of Roberts.  One of the biggest issues Bowles left us with was a lack of tape and experience for Nickerson and Derrick Jones.  Jones played excellent all camp, and never saw the field until week 16 or 17 when he played very well.  Nickerson also had some rookie mistakes, but also has a ton of talent and is an actual "ball-hawk type" player who we lack in our secondary.

Clairborne is what he is at this point, and is likely not worth another $6/8 million deal.  People will say its a huge "risk", but I think going into the season with Tru, Roberts, one mid tier CB signing, Nickerson and Jones is fine at CB and could turn out to be a very good group if nickerson takes step forward and Jones can round out the group as the 4/5th guy

I also dont understand anyone wanting to replace Shell.  Unless he tore all 3 ligaments, or had nerve damage that will keep him out most of the season, we dont need to even consider replacing him.  He is a solid, young player - who won't command a huge contract.  Id rather see us "over-pay" at center, keep long at LG/backup Center and draft a bigger, stronger guard to replace winters who has simply never gotten better regardless of scheme or how long he has been in the league.

Clark would be a fantastic signing, I just dont see how seattle lets him leave.  Id love to find a RB who isn't Bell, not because of the money, but we need a strong locker room and I dont know how he fits in with that contract and having been away from football for a year.  Tevin Coleman seems like a better fit.

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

also dont understand anyone wanting to replace Shell.  Unless he tore all 3 ligaments, or had nerve damage that will keep him out most of the season, we dont need to even consider replacing him.  He is a solid, young player - who won't command a huge contract.  Id rather see us "over-pay" at center, keep long at LG/backup Center and draft a bigger, stronger guard to replace winters who has simply never gotten better regardless of scheme or how long he has been in the league.

Brandon Shell was already an older 3rd year player and he’s a very average tackle. I’d like to upgrade the position if i’m able to.

fair enough criticism though. Definitely other ways to go about RT and CB.

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Outside of Bell I like it but I doubt Jax is going to give up that much. 

Just tried to go by the draft chart even though I know it’s not the end all/be all in trading picks. Could see a 2020 4th rounder instead of 2020 2nd rounder. But their 1st and 2nd in 2019 leaves about 200-some points left to be desired.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Just tried to go by the draft chart even though I know it’s not the end all/be all in trading picks. Could see a 2020 4th rounder instead of 2020 2nd rounder. But their 1st and 2nd in 2019 leaves about 200-some points left to be desired.

I was thinking a 2020 4th or the Jets add a later pick. I’ve been to lazy to do one yet. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

I was thinking a 2020 4th or the Jets add a later pick. I’ve been to lazy to do one yet. 

Agreed. Either trades would be a really nice haul. You should definitely do one sometime this offseason. I know I’ll probably do a 2.0 sometime around the NFL combine.

43 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

First Order of business:

1st rd tender on Robby Anderson. It’s only an extra 1.4 compared to using the 2nd round tender. You have the money so just do it.

Ask Gregg Williams to review tape of Leonard and determine if he believes that Williams can be salvaged and if it is worth the 14$. Trust his thoughts and move accordingly on LW. This would be the year to give an extra chance with a new DC if you really wanted to considering the Cap Space and the fact this team has the least amount of Cap $$ commitment in the league. ((assuming that he does get the tag..I’m going to work under those circumstances in this mock))

Move Spencer To LG

Walk List:

Buster Skrine

Jermaine Kearse

Charon Peake(Trenton Cannon is our new gunner, no reason to waste a WR roster spot.)

Henry Anderson(working under the assumption we run the 4-3, (That is the reason I’m going to let Henry Anderson walk. )

Resign list:

Morris Claiborne(CB) - 3 year deal (with an escape hatch in the deal after the first year)

FA signings:

Le’Veon Bell(RB)- We get a jack of all trades RB in his prime who is the first truly elite player on offense since Curtis Martin, himself. He’ll give Darnold one of the most important security blankets he could ever have in this young part of his career where it’s needed the most.

Adam Humphries(Slot WR) - we get a 3rd down chain mover who can be money when we need it the most. Humphries has excellent hands and ran a healthy amount of the route tree with Monken scheming him open. He has the potential to be an integral part of a Adam Gase scheme. His style reminds me of Albert Wilson, slightly. Albert Wilson excelled with Gase.

0A107B7A-E1C7-4CDD-ADCB-0B6FD664EF17.thumb.jpeg.2dfe78597d5fd07e703dae56ba09a025.jpeg

Frank Clark(DE) - A young talented player who fits the new scheme and can provide a possible long term fill at RDE. 

70D41F99-7CD5-4562-B4FF-B232DA0A8C5B.thumb.jpeg.f89f1c7d5736d060edbea45e550f9b12.jpeg

Mitch Morse(C) - After moving Spencer Long to LG has a last experiment to see if he can be salvaged on the last 2 remaining years on his contract, we yet again have a major hole at Center so we take Mitch Morse to hold it down long term.

1B937881-FA52-484B-9CAA-440BD38D9994.thumb.jpeg.eb985100fc768242a3d769e4dffe757e.jpeg

(Alternative: if we can’t sign Morse, I resign Jonatthan Harrison, and draft one.)

Bryce Callahan(Slot CB) - on a three year deal. He’s a young corner(27) and very talented player who can take over the slot for us, long term, while Morris and Tru come back to man the outside spots. I don’t trust Parry to start yet. And Darryl can rotate in and out where they find him best at. But a primary slot corner is needed. Bryce gets the job.

6FA1946B-B191-4895-B195-2DDFC3F4A952.thumb.jpeg.57e32023adb96ff49e53a8954e80568c.jpeg

Ja’Waun James(RT) - Don’t know if Brandon Shell’s injury will keep him out longer than training camp but we go and get an ex-Dolphin who knows how to play in Gase’s offense and someone who is actually a year younger than Brandon Shell is. Brandon Shell is 27 and a very average player who was just injured. Definitely have to get a RT for more than one reason.

EEAB7F58-87A8-456C-BB3B-3D1492E9F8AD.thumb.jpeg.e09456e5c5e9564acdb9ab69995579e4.jpeg

Draft:

Jets trade #3 overall pick(value: 2200) to Jacksonville Jaguars for #7 overall pick(value: 1500), 2019 2nd round #38 overall,(value: 520), 2020 2nd round pick.(value estimated: 500)

— A bit too much of a rol of the dice for some posters taste but nonetheless we get great compensation for the 3rd pick and the best WR in the draft at #7. The Jets need a big X WR who can grab contested jump balls. we can focus on OL and take some reasonable players now that we have playmaker covered.

— Jets take a LT long term soluation for Kelvin Beachum. He can take over right away or we can give him a year of limited reps and groom him for next year’s full introduction to being a starting LT in the NFL

— Michael Dieter is a versatile OL who can play all long the inside of the line. He blocked well for Jonathan Taylor last season and can develop into quality starter, imo. We will most likely like him at LG for Spencer Long’s replacement. Spencer isn’t destined to be on the team for much longer. 

— Jets get a seasoned senior pass rusher who has great speed and athleticism off the edge, someone can hit the opposing QB often as well as stop the run. He tallied 8.5 sacks and 19 tackles for loss as a junior along with  5.0 sacks and 15.5 tackles for a loss as a senior.

— Jets take a tough complimentary back to Le’Veon Bell. Singletary has amazing balance, long speed and will break tackles often. 

I dont get the Deontay Burnett love.  He is a a slow slot receiver.  Get me a quick and fast slot guy

If we don't sign a big name rb maybe we can make the off season interesting and let the jags move up for their qb take on bortles contract and demand fournette (who they seemed to have issues with last year aside from his injuries) maybe not the most realistic idea but could be worth a phone call depending on what the team looks like closer to the draft.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

47 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

First Order of business:

Move Spencer To LG

Walk List:

Buster Skrine

Jermaine Kearse

Resign list:

FA signings:

Draft:

I also do not want McCown as my backup.  I no longer believe he is capable of winning a game.  A backup should a tleast be capable of winning a game

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Brandon Shell was already an older 3rd year player and he’s a very average tackle. I’d like to upgrade the position if i’m able to.

fair enough criticism though. Definitely other ways to go about RT and CB.

He will be 27 to start this season, so would be an ideal candidate for a 4 year $20 million contract, as long as he knee injury isn't devastating.  I personally think that the best Olines are built from the inside out and if your guards are strong enough to not get bullrushed into the backfield (winters - routinely gets pushed 2/3 yards into the backfield blowing up plays) and can also pull/play in space, you are able to do so much more as a unit, that having someone like Shell is totally fine.

As far as CB, we've spent 3 mid/late round picks on Nickerson, Jones and Jeremy Clark and yet due to Bowles continuing to run Skrine out there, we really dont know what we have in Jones and Nickerson, young players who have flashed enough.  Teams routinely play mid round picks who flash in pre-season/TC/limited game snaps which is how you find cheap players.  Maybe Mac sucks at picking, but maybe Nickerson would have been a better slot CB then Skrine all year, we just didnt have a HC who believe in playing young players.  Jones and Nickerson also have excellent, NFL level athletic ability and Id love to see us have some guys to take chances on INTs.

2 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I dont get the Deontay Burnett love.  He is a a slow slot receiver.  Get me a quick and fast slot guy

Well we’d have our slot guy in Adam Humphries. I might would take a WR in the 5th. Maybe someone developmental. But no hurt in keeping Deontay on as the 4th-5th WR so he can develop, himself. He’s slower but he plays at a nice speed, has excellent hands and seemed to get decent separation in the games that he played.

Robby/DK/Q/Humphries/Burnett/Roberts would be nice.

I’d probably ejaculate. DK and Dillard is double penetration for this guy. And obviously singletary is Fillet of talent. So would take this and run.

I really don’t think anyone is trading up but if  JAX falls in love with a QB and we’re willing to settle for 2nd and change, then maybe...just maybe, the gods will favor us. 

I dont think any team not settled at QB is going to play with ANY 2020/2021 house money. 

The only issues I have are with Humphries and Claiborne.

Between Enunwa, Herndon, Bell(potentially), Burnett and to a lesser extent Leggett we have players to work the middle of the field. We don’t have another outside guy to keep focus off of Robby. We’d be better served with Tyrell Williams or Funchess than with Humphries. 

Claiborne looks like his career is coming to a close and at this point I’d rather invest a pick in Greedy Williams (tho I’d prefer Jonah or a receiver if we trade down). I also think that  Bowles leaving us unsure if Jones is good or not is his worst parting gift. I’m okay with not fixing CB with valuable assets as long as we can properly evaluate the depth we already have on the roster.

9 minutes ago, BCJet said:

He will be 27 to start this season, so would be an ideal candidate for a 4 year $20 million contract, as long as he knee injury isn't devastating.  I personally think that the best Olines are built from the inside out and if your guards are strong enough to not get bullrushed into the backfield (winters - routinely gets pushed 2/3 yards into the backfield blowing up plays) and can also pull/play in space, you are able to do so much more as a unit, that having someone like Shell is totally fine.

As far as CB, we've spent 3 mid/late round picks on Nickerson, Jones and Jeremy Clark and yet due to Bowles continuing to run Skrine out there, we really dont know what we have in Jones and Nickerson, young players who have flashed enough.  Teams routinely play mid round picks who flash in pre-season/TC/limited game snaps which is how you find cheap players.  Maybe Mac sucks at picking, but maybe Nickerson would have been a better slot CB then Skrine all year, we just didnt have a HC who believe in playing young players.  Jones and Nickerson also have excellent, NFL level athletic ability and Id love to see us have some guys to take chances on INTs.

Personally, I’m just not a huge fan of Brandon Shell. He’s had some nice games in his two years as a starter but not on board having him start for 4 years. Don’t really trust Parry much. He’s flashed as well but wouldn’t entrust him with a starting job. Yes, it’s Bowles fault for not playing him more and leaving him as a total unknown but if I can upgrade with one of the really talented young corners like Callahan, then I’m definitely in favor of that.

4 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Speed matters if that is your main skill, like Tyreke Hill.  Who even knows what routes he can or can't run, when you are as fast as he is, it doesnt matter.

When I see Burnett, I see a guy who simply makes plays every time he steps on the field.  He did it in college, he did it all preseason (I believe he finished with 11 catches on the Titans), did it when he was given a shot in the regular season and in is only 21 years old.  He is exactly the type of player who should be given as many opportunities as possible in TC and can hopefully stick as a 4/5th WR.  Again, and its the same point I made about Jones and Nickerson, Bowles didnt play him regularly until week 17 and yet we routinely dressed "Special Teams Superstar - who I never saw make a Special Teams play" Charone Peake over him.

14 minutes ago, jack48 said:

1. Hes NOT slow, he ran a poor 40 because of hamstring issues, but has excellent game speed for a slot guy

2. He is very quick in space

3. He has GREAT hands

4. He runs excellent routes

5. He has great chemistry with Sam

6. He flashed hard at the end of the season

7. REALLY young and will get bigger and faster

What in the hell is there not to like? Just discard because he ran a bad 40? So did Jerry Rice. PFF graded him at 74 for the season which is solidly above average and LOVED him as a prospect.

I actually think he is a foundational player for the Jets.

17 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Between Enunwa, Herndon, Bell(potentially), Burnett and to a lesser extent Leggett we have players to work the middle of the field. We don’t have another outside guy to keep focus off of Robby. We’d be better served with Tyrell Williams or Funchess than with Humphries. 

Humphries is a slot guy.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Humphries is a slot guy.

Exactly. Enunwa does his work best from the slot, Burnett has the skill set of a slot player, Herndon occupies the same space as a slot receiver and Bell would mostly play in the slot when not in the backfield. It seems like overkill for a particular role in an offense if we sign Humphries. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Draft:

I don't make that move without the Jags #1 in 2020. Who are they trading up for? One of the QBs? 

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Why would we take less value for #3 than we gave away just last year for a QB?

Top 10 and at least 3 2nd rounders or Top 10 2nd and first next year,

We are already getting a few hundred over for the value of the #3 pick. I don’t see what’s wrong with that.

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Why would we take less value for #3 than we gave away just last year for a QB?

Top 10 and at least 3 2nd rounders or Top 10 2nd and first next year,

We are already getting a few hundred over for the value of the #3 pick. I don’t see what’s wrong with that.

7 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't make that move without the Jags #1 in 2020. Who are they trading up for? One of the QBs? 

Yes. Haskins. the chart aligns nicely with the 2019 1st, 2019 2nd and 2020 2nd so that was my deal. They’d be paying close to 1000 points extra if we got their 1st in 2020. Idk if that’s more realistic than the 2nd 2020.

12 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

1. Hes NOT slow, he ran a poor 40 because of hamstring issues, but has excellent game speed for a slot guy

2. He is very quick in space

3. He has GREAT hands

4. He runs excellent routes

5. He has great chemistry with Sam

6. He flashed hard at the end of the season

7. REALLY young and will get bigger and faster

What in the hell is there not to like? Just discard because he ran a bad 40? So did Jerry Rice. PFF graded him at 74 for the season which is solidly above average and LOVED him as a prospect.

I actually think he is a foundational player for the Jets.

You rae projecting.  I will take Humphries.  He has done it.

37 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Deontay gets behind defenses and beats coverage quite a bit for a "slow" kid..... 

Do some research. Kid ran his 40 hurt. Hes a 4.55 player that can catch and runs good routes. But you're right. Stephen Hill ran a 4.3 and he's a fuxking HOF'er....lol

Kid can play and Darnold trusts him, and hes better than Jearmane Kearse, Charone Peake, Roberts, etc. Hes an easy keep as a #4/5.

26 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Deontay gets behind defenses and beats coverage quite a bit for a "slow" kid..... 

Do some research. Kid ran his 40 hurt. Hes a 4.55 player that can catch and runs good routes. But you're right. Stephen Hill ran a 4.3 and he's a fuxking HOF'er....lol

Kid can play and Darnold trusts him, and hes better than Jearmane Kearse, Charone Peake, Roberts, etc. Hes an easy keep as a #4/5.

Yessir! Agreed.

1 IND $123,375,678 $115,413,981
2 NYJ $108,637,143 $96,043,062
3 BUF $117,383,123 $80,805,760
4 CLE $167,868,035 $75,197,961
5 OAK $121,106,969 $73,784,412
6 HOU $142,214,785 $61,716,499
7 ARI $137,545,554 $56,348,655
8 SEA $136,709,151 $54,926,840
9 CIN $147,761,779 $49,693,487
10 DAL $149,284,862 $48,525,246
11 SF $168,758,300 $46,077,179
12 TEN $176,968,538 $37,172,070
13 KC $155,464,774 $36,443,381
14 LA $154,374,614 $36,267,550
15 DEN $158,525,120 $36,263,085
16 GB $161,325,438 $33,042,712
17 BAL $167,306,201 $31,638,619
18 DET $164,865,273 $29,992,805
19 LAC $163,541,597 $27,993,743
20 NYG $169,711,056 $25,858,283
21 ATL $172,698,734 $20,967,799
22 NE $172,353,029 $20,896,191
23 WAS $179,426,670 $15,462,356
24 MIA $181,653,863 $14,264,548
25 CHI $180,006,065 $14,178,005
26 NO $178,566,347 $11,901,194
27 CAR $174,904,816 $10,773,723
28 PIT $199,143,753 $9,412,191
29 TB $184,611,551 $6,883,231
30 MIN $188,341,056 $1,256,725
31 JAC $205,620,925 $-10,177,271
32 PHI $211,410,551 $-16,252,816
LEAGUE AVERAGE  

This is projected cap space before roster movements like additional cuts and restructures. We have ALOT of competition out there for a FA class that doesn’t have too many good players. We also tend to not be a destination that is sought after.

Any delay targeting these coveted players due to resigning our own, will surely kill our chances at getting good players. Saying that we will resign our own befor FA is not realistic as anyone with half a brain that survived the season already(not at injury risk anymore), would have to test FA and get max compensation.

This is going to be a mess unless we grossly over pay and move quickly. We also need to stockpile draft picks since free agency is not going to solve problems like people think. We would have been solving problems over the last few years with our cap space but these players are being targeted by many teams and we are low on the list of best destinations. It’s not easy and not going to magically happen.

Missing on so many draft picks and prioritizing non premium positions is going to kill us. Sam is put in a bad spot. This is why I’d invest in offense as much as possible to give him a chance to develop and focus on that rather than “winning”. He’s our only hope. Support him at all costs. 

55 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yes. Haskins. the chart aligns nicely with the 2019 1st, 2019 2nd and 2020 2nd so that was my deal. They’d be paying close to 1000 points extra if we got their 1st in 2020. Idk if that’s more realistic than the 2nd 2020.

Traditionally, a pick next year is worth one round less than a pick this year in a trade. So a second rounder next year would have third round value this year. In this case, the first rounder next year would have the value of the second rounder you gave them. You can't make a trade assuming that they're going to pick in the top 8 again. They could win 11 or 12 games next year and that second rounder would only be worth 300 points on the chart. 

Archived