Rams are winning the Super Bowl

playtowinthegame

Super Bowl LIII  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you have winning Super Bowl LIII

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/2019 at 11:30 PM

Let's give this board some balance, seeing how we already have a Pats are winning the Super Bowl thread. I'm sure there are those who believe the Rams are going to win Super Bowl LIII, handing Belichick and Brady their 4th Super Bowl loss, which puts them in Marv Levy and Jim Kelly's company. 

I believe the Rams will play the no respect card as a motivator because of all the talk they shouldn't be there. The Rams D will get after Brady because Sean McVay and Wade Phillips will not allow the Patriots receivers just run freely off the line without some resistance, which will mess their timing up...sort of how Belichick game planned against GSOT in Super Bowl XXXVI. I can see Brady taking a lot of hits in this game because he won't be able to get rid of the ball right away, and since adding Dante Fowler the Rams defensive line is the best in the NFL right now. Patriots running game isn't having a huge day against Donald and Suh. On the other hand I can see the Rams offense dropping plus 30 points on that Patriots D no problem. The Pats don't have the secondary to stop the Rams passing game. Josh Reynolds has been a solid contributor for the Rams since they lost Cooper Kupp. Too many weapons for the Patriots to stop.

So with that said. I have the Rams winning 34-20. Game should be close for a half, then the Rams pull away. Aaron Donald will be going to Disney World. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Is it safe to assume you didn’t watch the AFC championship Sunday? 

I watched both games from beginning to end. Right now the Rams defense is playing way better than the Chiefs. Do you really think Bob Sutton's Chiefs are defensively are as good as Wade Phillips Rams defense right now? Do you watch football?

Rams are the better team but Patriots are far more experienced. Curious to see if Goff implodes. I 1/2 expect him too.

Last year it was easy to root for Eagles, I can't bring myself to root for Rams though. The McVay craze is obnoxious and a SB win will only make it worse

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'll take BB and Brady over the team that doesnt deserve to be there.

That's the no respect card I'm talking about. Face it, the Rams know they're the more complete team in all three phases, however, they'll use that no respect card. All that tripe being written/said in the media will be used to fire them up even further. All the great teams use that for getting up for the games. Even Brady uses it saying everyone thinks they suck. The Patriots were that team in Super Bowl XXXVI  getting no respect by the media. 17 years later the roles are reversed. I expect the Rams to win by double digits, but it would be poetic justice if Goff led them down the field on the last drive, and Greg Zuerlein kicks the game winning field goal as the clock ticks down to zero.

Plusses for the rams

greg the leg

interesting gutsy offensive minded head coach

very experienced dc

b cooks revenge game

gurley, possibly healthy ? But out for redemption

fairytale story for cja

very solid wrs in woods, cooks and josh r, with a decent te in everett

Nasty d line in danold and suh, could get to brady occasionally 

Talib revenge game

not sure its enough to win, but there is some talent there...

55 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You can watch the replay after the Pats get beat to see the hits Brady takes.

They are playing tackle NOT 2 hand touch. Chris Jones got 1 hand on Brady and they made a game changing roughing the passer call. 

1 minute ago, LES said:

They are playing tackle NOT 2 hand touch. Chris Jones got 1 hand on Brady and they made a game changing roughing the passer call. 

Not sure how mentioning a horrible roughing the passer call is going to dictate how the Rams approach playing the Patriots for an entire game. Even if they get called for a few flags, it's not going to change the outcome. It won't be a close game. 

Rams have the beef to pressure Brady up the middle. They have decent corners to press Pats receivers. KC did none of that. Rams can also control the ball on offense. They can win by 2 scores. Brady threw 2 interceptions and he wasn’t barely touched. Rams will rough him up. Rams win this game!

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Rams are the better team but Patriots are far more experienced. Curious to see if Goff implodes. I 1/2 expect him too.

Last year it was easy to root for Eagles, I can't bring myself to root for Rams though. The McVay craze is obnoxious and a SB win will only make it worse

I can't bring myself to root for the Pats. Like...ever. Eff them, their scumbag coach and cheating QB. Hope they all rot. 

I think the Rams have the personnel on the defensive line to give the Pats fits - Suh and Donald are the type of players who traditionally have given Brady the most problems in big games.  

However, I don’t entirely trust Goff and I suspect that Brady will pull out all the stops to get this one. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Is it safe to assume you didn’t watch the AFC championship Sunday? 

KCs defense was ranked 31st for a reason. Have you ever seen a defense give up so many 2nd & long runs of 7/8/9/10/11 yards a clip? Do you honestly believe that the Pats will continue that with Suh & Donald in the middle & physical CBs like Talib & Peters on the edge? Pats won because KCs defense could not get them in 3rd & long in the 1st half & ran out of steam as pass rushers in the 2nd half. Oh, and by the way, Eric Berry is DONE, toast. 

And the Rams don't only have better defensive players across the board & especially on the backend, Wade Phillips is twice the DC Bob Sutton is. Coaching matters, Phillips will come up with a way to chip Edelman off his routes, and Talib can handle the much slower Rob Gronkowski. The Rams have a much better Oline than KC too. Rams oline is very underrated. 

My wildcard? With 3 weeks rest, and nothing to play for 6 months, Todd Gurley sucks it up & dominates the 2nd half after CJ Anderson softens the Pats up behind that good oline. 

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

That's the no respect card I'm talking about. Face it, the Rams know they're the more complete team in all three phases, however, they'll use that no respect card. All that tripe being written/said in the media will be used to fire them up even further. All the great teams use that for getting up for the games. Even Brady uses it saying everyone thinks they suck. The Patriots were that team in Super Bowl XXXVI  getting no respect by the media. 17 years later the roles are reversed. I expect the Rams to win by double digits, but it would be poetic justice if Goff led them down the field on the last drive, and Greg Zuerlein kicks the game winning field goal as the clock ticks down to zero.

Do you really expect the Rams to win by double digit points or are you just trying to speak it into truth? 

53 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think the Rams have the personnel on the defensive line to give the Pats fits - Suh and Donald are the type of players who traditionally have given Brady the most problems in big games.  

However, I don’t entirely trust Goff and I suspect that Brady will pull out all the stops to get this one. 

Goff was calm as hell in New Orleans where no one could hear themselves think. This game will be nothing like that where his offense had to use all kinds of hand signals, Saints defense was getting jumps on the snap ect. Goff is accurate as hell when given time & has a really good oline. Saints & Rams were both top ranked olines, Rams went on the road & stifled Drew Brees behind that good Saints oline. 

Those 3rd & longs for the Pats will be MUCH HARDER with pressure up the middle by Suh & Donald. I see Phillips running some CB blitzes and heavy doses of man to man to force Brady to hold the ball just a little bit longer than he likes. It was ridiculous how wide open his 1st looks were at KC. Did he EVER have to go to his 2nd option? 

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Do you really expect the Pats to win, or are you just trying to speak it into truth because you're still hurting over the Saints losing?

So, you're just talking out your ass then?  Good to know. 

Hurt?  lol.  I could give 2 sh*ts that the Rams undeservingly won a Football game.

Let me show you how to answer a question: Yes.  I expect the Pats to win.

Pretty easy.  You try! 

59 minutes ago, Jetster said:

KCs defense was ranked 31st for a reason. Have you ever seen a defense give up so many 2nd & long runs of 7/8/9/10/11 yards a clip? Do you honestly believe that the Pats will continue that with Suh & Donald in the middle & physical CBs like Talib & Peters on the edge? Pats won because KCs defense could not get them in 3rd & long in the 1st half & ran out of steam as pass rushers in the 2nd half. Oh, and by the way, Eric Berry is DONE, toast. 

And the Rams don't only have better defensive players across the board & especially on the backend, Wade Phillips is twice the DC Bob Sutton is. Coaching matters, Phillips will come up with a way to chip Edelman off his routes, and Talib can handle the much slower Rob Gronkowski. The Rams have a much better Oline than KC too. Rams oline is very underrated. 

My wildcard? With 3 weeks rest, and nothing to play for 6 months, Todd Gurley sucks it up & dominates the 2nd half after CJ Anderson softens the Pats up behind that good oline. 

Shhhh. Crusher thinks the Chiefs have a vaunted defense, and didn't watch any of the Rams playoff games.

BREAKING NEWS: CHIEFS FIRE BOB SUTTON. 

38 minutes ago, JiF said:

So, you're just talking out your ass then?  Good to know. 

Hurt?  lol.  I could give 2 sh*ts that the Rams undeservingly won a Football game.

Let me show you how to answer a question: Yes.  I expect the Pats to win.

Pretty easy.  You try! 

You are saying I'm talking out my ass because I refused to answer your DUMB question. Let's be real, shall we? You only asked me if I really think the Rams are going to beat the Patriots because you're that butt hurt type poster who carries a chip on his shoulder. You want my answer? Go back to the beginning of this thread, and re-read my first post. Bottom line, keep laying that rope. Can't wait to bump this after the Super Bowl and have some fun at your expense.

13 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You are saying I'm talking out my ass because I refused to answer you're DUMB question. Let's be real, shall we? You only asked me if I really think the Rams are going to beat the Patriots because you're that butt hurt type poster who carries a chip on his shoulder. You want my answer? Go back to the beginning of this thread, and re-read my first post. Bottom line, keep laying that rope. Can't wait to bump this after the Super Bowl and have some fun at your expense.

I have no idea what chip you're referring too, broseph.  You're stepping into a bizarro world.  Take a deep breath and relax.  I dont think I could be more clear, I could care less about this game.  I hate the Patriots with every fiber in my body.  I could give 2 sh*ts about the Rams.  Therefore, this game couldnt mean less to me.  

I asked a simple question; do you really believe the Rams win by "double digit" points?  I dont think you actually mean it. The Rams might win the game but double digit win?  I dont see that happening.  

If you're serious and not talking out your ass, let's bet!  Winner picks their favorite charity, loser donates $20 bucks.  Rams by double digits.  Anything else is a loss.  

Archived