Rams are winning the Super Bowl

playtowinthegame

Super Bowl LIII  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you have winning Super Bowl LIII

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/2019 at 11:30 PM

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JiF said:

I have no idea what chip you're referring too, broseph.  You're stepping into a bizarro world.  Take a deep breath and relax.  I dont think I could be more clear, I could care less about this game.  I hate the Patriots with every fiber in my body.  I could give 2 sh*ts about the Rams.  Therefore, this game couldnt mean less to me.  

Come on JiF, the only one who needs to relax is you. Stop playing dumb. I have conviction in my picks and stand by them. When it comes to picking a winner I don't flip flop, or try to cover my ass by saying I could see the other team winning. That's what you do.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I asked a simple question; do you really believe the Rams win by "double digit" points?  I dont think you actually mean it. The Rams might win the game but double digit win?  I dont see that happening.   

Talk about bizzaro world. You got the nerve to tell me what I actually think, when you flip flop and say the Rams might win after you voted for the Patriots to win. It looks like you're trying to cover your ass in case you're wrong about the Patriots beating the "team that doesn't deserve to be there."

1 hour ago, JiF said:

If you're serious and not talking out your ass, let's bet!  Winner picks their favorite charity, loser donates $20 bucks.  Rams by double digits.  Anything else is a loss.  

Let's do a quick recap here. In my initial post in this thread I went into detail why I think the Rams will beat the Patriots, and even predicted the Rams winning 34-20. You voted for the Patriots to win, as seen in the photo below.

1289523806_jifpickingthePats.jpg.211603026ac9b3ed64d2ea05625b9997.jpg

Then in your first reply in this thread you said you are picking BB and Brady to beat the team that doesn't deserve to be there. I put the last part of your comment in bold, and quoted you. I told you that is the no respect card I'm talking about. I reiterated that I expect the Rams to win by double digits, but said it would be poetic justice if Goff led them down the field on the last drive, and Greg Zuerlein kicks the game winning field goal as the clock ticks down to zero.

After that you start asking me if I really believe the Rams will win by double digits? Give me a break. Now you're trying to make bets with me were you win even if the Patriots lose, just as long as they don't lose by more than 9 points. You're a real piece of work Jif. Here is how it works. You lose when the Rams win, and you will be butthurt when I bump this thread after the "team that doesn't deserve to be there" is hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. You'll probably in your bizzaro mind think the Saints should have been champs.

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Is it safe to assume you didn’t watch the AFC championship Sunday? 

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Shhhh. Crusher thinks the Chiefs have a vaunted defense, and didn't watch any of the Rams playoff games.

BREAKING NEWS: CHIEFS FIRE BOB SUTTON. 

Reading between the lines is fine and all but now your just making shit up. I 100% hope your right but I'm pretty certain your not. I'll meet you back here after the Superbowl.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

KCs defense was ranked 31st for a reason. Have you ever seen a defense give up so many 2nd & long runs of 7/8/9/10/11 yards a clip? Do you honestly believe that the Pats will continue that with Suh & Donald in the middle & physical CBs like Talib & Peters on the edge? Pats won because KCs defense could not get them in 3rd & long in the 1st half & ran out of steam as pass rushers in the 2nd half. Oh, and by the way, Eric Berry is DONE, toast. 

And the Rams don't only have better defensive players across the board & especially on the backend, Wade Phillips is twice the DC Bob Sutton is. Coaching matters, Phillips will come up with a way to chip Edelman off his routes, and Talib can handle the much slower Rob Gronkowski. The Rams have a much better Oline than KC too. Rams oline is very underrated. 

My wildcard? With 3 weeks rest, and nothing to play for 6 months, Todd Gurley sucks it up & dominates the 2nd half after CJ Anderson softens the Pats up behind that good oline. 

We'll see. I hope you guys are right, but I know your not. See you here after the game.

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

You are saying I'm talking out my ass because I refused to answer your DUMB question. Let's be real, shall we? You only asked me if I really think the Rams are going to beat the Patriots because you're that butt hurt type poster who carries a chip on his shoulder. You want my answer? Go back to the beginning of this thread, and re-read my first post. Bottom line, keep laying that rope. Can't wait to bump this after the Super Bowl and have some fun at your expense.

Pleas, please do. Would be so awesome to watch you gloat after a Pats loss. but, nope, Pats will win and we will have sadness.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Reading between the lines is fine and all but now your just making sh*t up. I 100% hope your right but I'm pretty certain your not. I'll meet you back here after the Superbowl.

I should have put "Is it safe to assume" in the front of my smack talk, that way it's in a question form and not making sh*t up. Right, crusher? 

19 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Come on JiF, the only one who needs to relax is you. Stop playing dumb. I have conviction in my picks and stand by them. When it comes to picking a winner I don't flip flop, or try to cover my ass by saying I could see the other team winning. That's what you do.

Talk about bizzaro world. You got the nerve to tell me what I actually think, when you flip flop and say the Rams might win after you voted for the Patriots to win. It looks like you're trying to cover your ass in case you're wrong about the Patriots beating the "team that doesn't deserve to be there."

Let's do a quick recap here. In my initial post in this thread I went into detail why I think the Rams will beat the Patriots, and even predicted the Rams winning 34-20. You voted for the Patriots to win, as seen in the photo below.

Then in your first reply in this thread you said you are picking BB and Brady to beat the team that doesn't deserve to be there. I put the last part of your comment in bold, and quoted you. I told you that is the no respect card I'm talking about. I reiterated that I expect the Rams to win by double digits, but said it would be poetic justice if Goff led them down the field on the last drive, and Greg Zuerlein kicks the game winning field goal as the clock ticks down to zero.

After that you start asking me if I really believe the Rams will win by double digits? Give me a break. Now you're trying to make bets with me were you win even if the Patriots lose, just as long as they don't lose by more than 9 points. You're a real piece of work Jif. Here is how it works. You lose when the Rams win, and you will be butthurt when I bump this thread after the "team that doesn't deserve to be there" is hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. You'll probably in your bizzaro mind think the Saints should have been champs.

Add Crushlove to this list. Thanks.

I like the Rams chances but Brady and BB can never be counted out.

I think the Rams get out to a big lead and the Pats mount a big come back. I hope they fall just short but I have seen too many games when they were counted out and pulled it out.

The Rams D has to play 4 qtr's and the O has to keep the pedal down all game for them to win. Just ask Atlanta about that.

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I like the Rams chances but Brady and BB can never be counted out.

I think the Rams get out to a big lead and the Pats mount a big come back. I hope they fall just short but I have seen too many games when they were counted out and pulled it out.

The Rams D has to play 4 qtr's and the O has to keep the pedal down all game for them to win. Just ask Atlanta about that.

Agreed.  McVay is the coach to do it.  The question is- will Goff and Gurley wilt under the pressure?

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I should have put "Is it safe to assume" in the front of my smack talk, that way it's in a question form and not making sh*t up. Right, crusher? 

I was referring to your comment that I said something something vaulted Kansas City defense. I search this thread and didn't see it. So.. you just made it up. Is it really that tough of a concept?

The most important player in this game will be Jared Goff.  If he plays well, the Rams will most likely win.  If he plays like Mahomes did in the first half last week, it would take a superlative effort from the Rams defense to win the game. He has to be as big as the moment.  The Rams defense will not be run over by the Cheaters like KC was last week. although I don't expect them to completely stifle the Patsies running game.  It has looked too good for that.  I expect that they will get to Brady a few times and will exert decent pressure on him, but Brady will not have the two plus picks he threw last week. The Cheaters secondary will be another key.  They had a hard time running with the receivers last week, and if there is a similar scenario in the Super Bowl it will be a good sign for the Rams.  I don't expect Edelworm or Honkowski to run free like they did against KC either.  LA has a real chance to win this game.  Like I said, I think it all depends on Goff,

11 hours ago, The Crusher said:

We'll see. I hope you guys are right, but I know your not. See you here after the game.

Suh, Talib, Peters, all 3 of these guys are sh*theads, but, it's the Super Bowl. One game that your sure to get 100% from these money grubbing frauds. 

Thats the problem with players like this, in Miami because they never won anything Suh was a 75%er. Peters? Lacked concentration, Talib? a thug but he knows how to win. All of these guys on losing squads are anchors. 

They'll show up & play hard for 60 in a Super Bowl.

8 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

The most important player in this game will be Jared Goff.  If he plays well, the Rams will most likely win.  If he plays like Mahomes did in the first half last week, it would take a superlative effort from the Rams defense to win the game. He has to be as big as the moment.  The Rams defense will not be run over by the Cheaters like KC was last week. although I don't expect them to completely stifle the Patsies running game.  It has looked too good for that.  I expect that they will get to Brady a few times and will exert decent pressure on him, but Brady will not have the two plus picks he threw last week. The Cheaters secondary will be another key.  They had a hard time running with the receivers last week, and if there is a similar scenario in the Super Bowl it will be a good sign for the Rams.  I don't expect Edelworm or Honkowski to run free like they did against KC either.  LA has a real chance to win this game.  Like I said, I think it all depends on Goff,

When you think about the noise level the Rams dealt with in New Orleans, getting down early on the road coming from California, playing a team that was 8-0 at home in 2018, WHAT AN EFFORT! The Pats had already played KC, and the team they crushed at home (Chargers) had also beat KC at KC.

Rams was the more impressive win. 

Something to keep in mind here. One would think with the vaunted pass rush the Rams have, Brady would be under stress all day. Not so fast. I don't know if its a ref bias, but the Patriots almost never get called for holding. Look at the AFC championship game for instance. The Chiefs could not get near Brady. I picked up on several muggings by the Pats offensive line during the game. If that happens again in the SB, the Rams have no shot to win this game.

1 hour ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Something to keep in mind here. One would think with the vaunted pass rush the Rams have, Brady would be under stress all day. Not so fast. I don't know if its a ref bias, but the Patriots almost never get called for holding. Look at the AFC championship game for instance. The Chiefs could not get near Brady. I picked up on several muggings by the Pats offensive line during the game. If that happens again in the SB, the Rams have no shot to win this game.

Donald is a superstar in this league too. All eyes will be on him, the announcers will set the table talking about him & the refs will be watching what goes on with him in the middle of the field.

Big difference from Jets nobody like Leonard Williams complaining about being held than the DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR chatting in the ear hole of the refs in the Super Bowl if he's being pulled down from behind or guys are pulling his jersey off. 

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Suh, Talib, Peters, all 3 of these guys are sh*theads, but, it's the Super Bowl. One game that your sure to get 100% from these money grubbing frauds. 

Thats the problem with players like this, in Miami because they never won anything Suh was a 75%er. Peters? Lacked concentration, Talib? a thug but he knows how to win. All of these guys on losing squads are anchors. 

They'll show up & play hard for 60 in a Super Bowl.

Solid. I hope so. 

16 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'm a real piece of work because I'm having a conversation with you about your prediction of a double digit win?  Huh?  So confused.  Me thinks you just have a hard time with me disagreeing with your position.  Did you just want everyone to agree with you when you started this thread?  

Let me summarize my position here because it's really simple and yet you're having a hard time following, apparently:

- The Rams dont deserve to be in the Super Bowl.  They undeservingly won that game.  

- I believe the Pats are going to win the Super Bowl but it wouldnt shock me if the Rams won.  I'm not guaranteeing anything, I just think the Pats win.

- What would shock me, is the Pats lose by double digits and I dont think you believe it either.  If you did, you'd make a bet.

- At the end of the day, I couldnt care less about any of this, I hate both teams.  I just dont think the Rams win by double digits not sure why you're getting all crotchety about it.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I'm a real piece of work because I'm having a conversation with you about your prediction of a double digit win?  Huh?  So confused.  Me thinks you just have a hard time with me disagreeing with your position.  Did you just want everyone to agree with you when you started this thread?  

Let me summarize my position here because it's really simple and yet you're having a hard time following, apparently:

- The Rams dont deserve to be in the Super Bowl.  They undeservingly won that game.  

- I believe the Pats are going to win the Super Bowl but it wouldnt shock me if the Rams won.  I'm not guaranteeing anything, I just think the Pats win.

- What would shock me, is the Pats lose by double digits and I dont think you believe it either.  If you did, you'd make a bet.

- At the end of the day, I couldnt care less about any of this, I hate both teams.  I just dont think the Rams win by double digits not sure why you're getting all crotchety about it.

Jif, show me anywhere in this thread I think the Pats will win. I don't flip flop like you. The fact is you are a talking nonsense about me talking myself into picking the Rams. I explained why I think the Rams will win, and I haven't wavered a bit. You disagree and that's fine, but just shut the hell up about what you think I think.

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jif, show me anywhere in this thread I think the Pats will win. I don't flip flop like you. The fact is you are a talking nonsense about me talking myself into picking the Rams. I explained why I think the Rams will win, and I haven't wavered a bit. You disagree and that's fine, but just shut the hell up about what you think I think.

OMG dude, you're exhausting.  I never said you said the Pats would win, you just keep making sh*t up.

I'm done here.  Have fun with whatever it is you're doing.

Note for the board: he wont take the bet therefore, doesnt believe the Rams win by double digit points. 

Mission accomplished - bye bye 

On 1/22/2019 at 11:13 AM, playtowinthegame said:

Let's give this board some balance, seeing how we already have a Pats are winning the Super Bowl thread. I'm sure there are those who believe the Rams are going to win Super Bowl LIII, handing Belichick and Brady their 4th Super Bowl loss, which puts them in Marv Levy and Jim Kelly's company. be going to Disney World. 

That duo never won a Bowl the BB and Brady team has won 5 that's not the same to me..

Archived