Rams are winning the Super Bowl

playtowinthegame

Super Bowl LIII  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you have winning Super Bowl LIII

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/2019 at 11:30 PM

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:27 AM, The Crusher said:

5 for 9 in Superbowls  for a single coach and QB is basically a supernova.  not a team in the league that wouldn't take it.

I've always thought what the Patriots have accomplished is impressive. Especially Tom Brady, because for a player to play at that high of a level for that long is amazing. In fact I've said so much in other threads. Hard to imagine anyone duplicating that kind of success Brady has had again. He's taken good care of his body, but he's also been extremely fortunate along the way during his career. With that said, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the Patriots getting beat in Super Bowl LIII, losing to the Rams, who they beat to start their Belichick and Brady Dynasty. I'm betting this is the first Super Bowl the Patriots are in during the Belichick and Brady era that doesn't go down to the wire. For Patriots fans, I think Super Bowl LIII will be similar to the Super Bowl XXXI when the Patriots lost to the Packers with Belichick's mentor Bill Parcells as their head coach and Bledsoe their starting quarterback. The Dynasty that started on February 3rd, 2002 ends 17 years later to the day vs the same franchise on February 3rd, 2019. Book it.

Rams win by at least 14. Belichick isn't facing an Andy Reid on the other side. He's facing an aggressive, confident and young coach. I think Goff is better than current Brady. Rams have the type of D that's historically given Brady fits. Rams offense gives that Pats D fits too.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:16 AM, JiF said:

OMG dude, you're exhausting.  I never said you said the Pats would win, you just keep making sh*t up.

You're full of sh*t JiF. Here I'll show you in case you have some sort of ADHD and can't remember how things went. Below is my first post in this thread, and in it I explain why I am picking the Rams.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:13 AM, playtowinthegame said:

I believe the Rams will play the no respect card as a motivator because of all the talk they shouldn't be there. The Rams D will get after Brady because Sean McVay and Wade Phillips will not allow the Patriots receivers just run freely off the line without some resistance, which will mess their timing up...sort of how Belichick game planned against GSOT in Super Bowl XXXVI. I can see Brady taking a lot of hits in this game because he won't be able to get rid of the ball right away, and since adding Dante Fowler the Rams defensive line is the best in the NFL right now. Patriots running game isn't having a huge day against Donald and Suh. On the other hand I can see the Rams offense dropping plus 30 points on that Patriots D no problem. The Pats don't have the secondary to stop the Rams passing game. Josh Reynolds has been a solid contributor for the Rams since they lost Cooper Kupp. Too many weapons for the Patriots to stop.

So with that said. I have the Rams winning 34-20. Game should be close for a half, then the Rams pull away. Aaron Donald will be going to Disney World. 

Then you come in the thread and reply the following.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:47 AM, JiF said:

I'll take BB and Brady over the team that doesnt deserve to be there.

Like many others you suffer from the phenomenon knows as recency bias, due to the fact you're still upset the Saints didn't getting that PI call.  Most here know I've been the contrarian regarding this topic, and I've argued the Rams were and are the better team in the NFC Championship game. I'm not going to get into that again, because I know you don't have that great of an attention span. Below is my first reply to you in this thread.

On 1/22/2019 at 12:23 PM, playtowinthegame said:

That's the no respect card I'm talking about. Face it, the Rams know they're the more complete team in all three phases, however, they'll use that no respect card. All that tripe being written/said in the media will be used to fire them up even further. All the great teams use that for getting up for the games. Even Brady uses it saying everyone thinks they suck. The Patriots were that team in Super Bowl XXXVI  getting no respect by the media. 17 years later the roles are reversed. I expect the Rams to win by double digits, but it would be poetic justice if Goff led them down the field on the last drive, and Greg Zuerlein kicks the game winning field goal as the clock ticks down to zero.

I reiterated to you I believe the Rams will win by double digits, but I did say if they don't, it would be poetic justice if the Rams won by a field goal, due to the fact 17 years ago, that's how the Patriots won Super Bowl XXXVI. Now comes your next reply in which you "question" if I really believe the Rams are going to win, or if I'm just talking myself into it.

On 1/22/2019 at 2:32 PM, JiF said:

Do you really expect the Rams to win by double digit points or are you just trying to speak it into truth?

After all I told you, you come questioning my conviction in my pick? I figured you're just being a wise ass, so I gave you a taste of your own medicine so to speak in my next reply below.

On 1/22/2019 at 2:41 PM, playtowinthegame said:

Do you really expect the Pats to win, or are you just trying to speak it into truth because you're still hurting over the Saints losing?

Basically I took your question to me, and spun it back in your face, in which I question your conviction in the Patriots winning. This is when you start to melt down.

On 1/22/2019 at 2:50 PM, JiF said:

So, you're just talking out your ass then?  Good to know

Hurt?  lol.  I could give 2 sh*ts that the Rams undeservingly won a Football game.

Let me show you how to answer a question: Yes.  I expect the Pats to win.

Pretty easy.  You try!

So now you're saying I'm talking out my ass, because I'm not playing along by answering your bitchy question regarding my faith in my Super Bowl pick. You again let me know the Rams shouldn't be in the Super Bowl, and finally you give me your pick again. It's pretty easy alright. Easy to see you're trolling this thread.

On 1/22/2019 at 3:24 PM, playtowinthegame said:

You are saying I'm talking out my ass because I refused to answer your DUMB question. Let's be real, shall we? You only asked me if I really think the Rams are going to beat the Patriots because you're that butt hurt type poster who carries a chip on his shoulder. You want my answer? Go back to the beginning of this thread, and re-read my first post. Bottom line, keep laying that rope. Can't wait to bump this after the Super Bowl and have some fun at your expense.

This thread was supposed to be about picking the Super Bowl LIII winner.. Instead I'm going back and forth with you about what you think I think regarding my Super Bowl pick. Like I said, I'm going to have some fun at your expense after the Super Bowl. Believe me, you have earned it, Jif. Can't Wait.

On 1/22/2019 at 3:44 PM, JiF said:

I have no idea what chip you're referring too, broseph.  You're stepping into a bizarro world.  Take a deep breath and relax.  I dont think I could be more clear, I could care less about this game.  I hate the Patriots with every fiber in my body.  I could give 2 sh*ts about the Rams.  Therefore, this game couldnt mean less to me.  

I asked a simple question; do you really believe the Rams win by "double digit" points?  I dont think you actually mean it. The Rams might win the game but double digit win?  I dont see that happening.  

If you're serious and not talking out your ass, let's bet!  Winner picks their favorite charity, loser donates $20 bucks.  Rams by double digits.  Anything else is a loss.  

In one paragraph you said, take a deep breath and relax, that you could care less, you don't give two poops about the Rams, and the Super Bowl couldn't mean less to you. The truth is you're upset and you do not want the Rams to win the Super Bowl because as you say, they don't deserve to be there. You obviously care about this topic, or else you wouldn't be in this thread trolling me so much. Bottom line you asked a dumb question which got this all started. You then start to question your own pick in the Super Bowl, telling me, "the Rams might win the game." Now you want to make a bet with me, were you win if the Rams don't win by 9 or more points? You're funny guy JiF. You want me to lay basically 9.5 points to you, because you're an argumentative little prick. Not going to happen. Vegas right now has the point spread at Patriots -2.5. Vegas is using that half point as the fish hook and it's working. A large percentage of the money is going on the Patriots. Eventually I think the point spread will raise to the Patriots favored by 3. I think the HOUSE is going to win a lot of money on people betting on the Patriots. I'm confident in that, and I'm not trying to talk myself into it. Got it? Good.

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

You're full of sh*t JiF. Here I'll show you in case you have some sort of ADHD and can't remember how things went. Below is my first post in this thread, and in it I explain why I am picking the Rams.

Then you come in the thread and reply the following.

Like many others you suffer from the phenomenon knows as recency bias, due to the fact you're still upset the Saints didn't getting that PI call.  Most here know I've been the contrarian regarding this topic, and I've argued the Rams were and are the better team in the NFC Championship game. I'm not going to get into that again, because I know you don't have that great of an attention span. Below is my first reply to you in this thread.

I reiterated to you I believe the Rams will win by double digits, but I did say if they don't, it would be poetic justice if the Rams won by a field goal, due to the fact 17 years ago, that's how the Patriots won Super Bowl XXXVI. Now comes your next reply in which you "question" if I really believe the Rams are going to win, or if I'm just talking myself into it.

After all I told you, you come questioning my conviction in my pick? I figured you're just being a wise ass, so I gave you a taste of your own medicine so to speak in my next reply below.

Basically I took your question to me, and spun it back in your face, in which I question your conviction in the Patriots winning. This is when you start to melt down.

So now you're saying I'm talking out my ass, because I'm not playing along by answering your bitchy question regarding my faith in my Super Bowl pick. You again let me know the Rams shouldn't be in the Super Bowl, and finally you give me your pick again. It's pretty easy alright. Easy to see you're trolling this thread.

This thread was supposed to be about picking the Super Bowl LIII winner.. Instead I'm going back and forth with you about what you think I think regarding my Super Bowl pick. Like I said, I'm going to have some fun at your expense after the Super Bowl. Believe me, you have earned it, Jif. Can't Wait.

In one paragraph you said, take a deep breath and relax, that you could care less, you don't give two poops about the Rams, and the Super Bowl couldn't mean less to you. The truth is you're upset and you do not want the Rams to win the Super Bowl because as you say, they don't deserve to be there. You obviously care about this topic, or else you wouldn't be in this thread trolling me so much. Bottom line you asked a dumb question which got this all started. You then start to question your own pick in the Super Bowl, telling me, "the Rams might win the game." Now you want to make a bet with me, were you win if the Rams don't win by 9 or more points? You're funny guy JiF. You want me to lay basically 9.5 points to you, because you're an argumentative little prick. Not going to happen. Vegas right now has the point spread at Patriots -2.5. Vegas is using that half point as the fish hook and it's working. A large percentage of the money is going on the Patriots. Eventually I think the point spread will raise to the Patriots favored by 3. I think the HOUSE is going to win a lot of money on people betting on the Patriots. I'm confident in that, and I'm not trying to talk myself into it. Got it? Good.

Tl;dr

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:13 AM, playtowinthegame said:

I believe the Rams will play the no respect card as a motivator because of all the talk they shouldn't be there. The Rams D will get after Brady because Sean McVay and Wade Phillips will not allow the Patriots receivers just run freely off the line without some resistance, which will mess their timing up...sort of how Belichick game planned against GSOT in Super Bowl XXXVI. I can see Brady taking a lot of hits in this game because he won't be able to get rid of the ball right away

Jam the receivers and mess up their timing! Preach it JJ. 

Let's give this board some balance, seeing how we already have a Pats are winning the Super Bowl thread. I'm sure there are those who believe the Rams are going to win Super Bowl LIII, handing Belichick and Brady their 4th Super Bowl loss, which puts them in Marv Levy and Jim Kelly's company. 
I believe the Rams will play the no respect card as a motivator because of all the talk they shouldn't be there. The Rams D will get after Brady because Sean McVay and Wade Phillips will not allow the Patriots receivers just run freely off the line without some resistance, which will mess their timing up...sort of how Belichick game planned against GSOT in Super Bowl XXXVI. I can see Brady taking a lot of hits in this game because he won't be able to get rid of the ball right away, and since adding Dante Fowler the Rams defensive line is the best in the NFL right now. Patriots running game isn't having a huge day against Donald and Suh. On the other hand I can see the Rams offense dropping plus 30 points on that Patriots D no problem. The Pats don't have the secondary to stop the Rams passing game. Josh Reynolds has been a solid contributor for the Rams since they lost Cooper Kupp. Too many weapons for the Patriots to stop.
So with that said. I have the Rams winning 34-20. Game should be close for a half, then the Rams pull away. Aaron Donald will be going to Disney World. 
Do you realize the pats are winning superbowl thread was made before the playoffs? Your rams prediction is late.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

On 1/23/2019 at 11:37 AM, The Crusher said:

The single QB and Coach thing puts it in the "Never again" category me thinks.

It will NEVER happen again because never will there be a QB whose wife makes more than him, allowing a hometown discount for 17 years. I think Brady is making 17 million? Isn't that what we paid Mo Wilkerson? It's outrageous.

Rams have the necessary elements to beat the Patriots:

Strong inside pass rush? Suh + Donald 

Physical CBs to knock guys off routes & force Brady to 2nd read? Talib + Peters

Big Physical Oline that can run the ball? Yes

Inside & Outside run game with RBs that can catch the ball? Gurley + Anderson

Quick tall TEs are faster than Pats slow LBs & Safeties? Higbee + Everett

A good deep fast WR & a slot zone/man WR? Cooks + Woods

The Rams are by far the most balanced team they have faced all year. They boast an aggressive high offensive coach in McVay + an experienced very good D coordinator in Phillips. They need to get a lead & I have no doubt if they do McVay will put the pedal to the metal. I actually can't remember a team the Pats have faced recently as good on both sides of the ball as the Rams.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:47 AM, JiF said:

I'll take BB and Brady over the team that doesnt deserve to be there.

pretty sure brady got a bullsh*t roughing call to extend a drive at the end....and also tossed his 3rd interception (which would have ended the game) only to get seriously lucky that a linebacker somehow lined up in the neutral zone. they are beatable and the rams defense is better 

17 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Doesn't really matter to me if they win or lose. The rams have the better team and I hope they win because obviously I hate the patriots but if the patriots win maybe brady and bb retire and the divison becomes more winnable?

I really don't care what Tom Brady does after this season, but I will say it would be nice to sweep his ass into retirement next season. No matter what happens, Belichick and Brady's run of Super Bowls and AFC Championships ends on February 3rd, 2019. The Jets have an opportunity with Sam Darnold in place to take over the AFC East. Will they? We shall see! 

14 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

pretty sure brady got a bullsh*t roughing call to extend a drive at the end....and also tossed his 3rd interception (which would have ended the game) only to get seriously lucky that a linebacker somehow lined up in the neutral zone. they are beatable and the rams defense is better 

Only the Patriots are lucky enough to throw a pick & literally LOSE THE GAME but miraculously a veteran lines up offsides on the play, crazy how f*cking lucky the cheaters are. Then you get the phantom roughing the passer on an incomplete 2rd down & 7, on their own side of the field, who the hell knows if KC gets that one 3rd down stop they needed? Instead, like always, the Pats get that one bad call that propels them over mid field & gets them on another role. My disdain for the Pats is so deep it's a bit disturbing to me, lol.

I really don't care what Tom Brady does after this season, but I will say it would be nice to sweep his ass into retirement next season. No matter what happens, Belichick and Brady's run of Super Bowls and AFC Championships ends on February 3rd, 2019. The Jets have an opportunity with Sam Darnold in place to take over the AFC East. Will they? We shall see! 
I've seen a few say they want us to beat brady while he is still playing but even if we do it will likely be a washed up version of the man of the patriots fans will at least have that as an excuse.

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Only the Patriots are lucky enough to throw a pick & literally LOSE THE GAME but miraculously a veteran lines up offsides on the play, crazy how f*cking lucky the cheaters are. Then you get the phantom roughing the passer on an incomplete 2rd down & 7, on their own side of the field, who the hell knows if KC gets that one 3rd down stop they needed? Instead, like always, the Pats get that one bad call that propels them over mid field & gets them on another role. My disdain for the Pats is so deep it's a bit disturbing to me, lol.

it's pretty sick as the play they got the roughing call on was pretty significant......then the interception was a definite game ender and its some crazy sh*t where a linebacker is in the neutral zone. guys been getting lucky af ever since the tuck rule

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:06 PM, playtowinthegame said:

Vegas right now has the point spread at Patriots -2.5. Vegas is using that half point as the fish hook and it's working. A large percentage of the money is going on the Patriots. Eventually I think the point spread will raise to the Patriots favored by 3. I think the HOUSE is going to win a lot of money on people betting on the Patriots. I'm confident in that, and I'm not trying to talk myself into it. Got it? Good.

Bettors overwhelmingly taking the Patriots

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 26, 2019, 9:24 AM EST

Gamblers agree: The Patriots are going to win Super Bowl LIII.

Bettors have overwhelmingly taken the Patriots, such that the point spread, which at various sports books opened either as a pick ’em or with the Rams as slight favorites, has moved so far in New England’s direction that the Patriots are now favored by as much as 3.5 points in some places.

The Mirage in Las Vegas said 96 percent of the money wagered on the Super Bowl point spread was on New England in the first four days of betting, according to ESPN. That includes the high-stakes bettors: The nine largest bets placed were on New England, including two bets of more than $100,000.

The online sports book BetCris opened the Rams as 1.5-point favorites on Sunday night and received so many bets on the Patriots that within 17 minutes of betting opening, the line had moved a whopping four points in the Patriots’ direction, making New England a 2.5-point favorite.

The Patriots love the “No one believes in us” mantra, but it turns out that almost everyone putting their money behind their beliefs does, in fact, believe in the Patriots.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Rams have the necessary elements to beat the Patriots:

Strong inside pass rush? Suh + Donald 

Physical CBs to knock guys off routes & force Brady to 2nd read? Talib + Peters

Big Physical Oline that can run the ball? Yes

Inside & Outside run game with RBs that can catch the ball? Gurley + Anderson

Quick tall TEs are faster than Pats slow LBs & Safeties? Higbee + Everett

A good deep fast WR & a slot zone/man WR? Cooks + Woods

The Rams are by far the most balanced team they have faced all year. They boast an aggressive high offensive coach in McVay + an experienced very good D coordinator in Phillips. They need to get a lead & I have no doubt if they do McVay will put the pedal to the metal. I actually can't remember a team the Pats have faced recently as good on both sides of the ball as the Rams.

Rams are better team and should win, if this was a Sunday in October I'd feel very good about that. Hard to have faith that Goff goesnt choke here though. 

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Vegas right now has the point spread at Patriots -2.5. Vegas is using that half point as the fish hook and it's working. A large percentage of the money is going on the Patriots. Eventually I think the point spread will raise to the Patriots favored by 3. I think the HOUSE is going to win a lot of money on people betting on the Patriots. I'm confident in that, and I'm not trying to talk myself into it. Got it? Good.

If I could get the Rams at +3.5 I'd make a big bet. This heavy one sided action is often wrong 

Just now, CTM said:

If I could get the Rams at +3.5 I'd make a big bet. This heavy one sided action is often wrong 

3.5 would definitely swing the nervous money over to the Rams.  I've seen a few places go as high as 3 so far. It might go to 3.5. I'm of the belief the Rams win by double digits though, so I'm good with taking the Rams right now.

14 minutes ago, CTM said:

Rams are better team and should win, if this was a Sunday in October I'd feel very good about that. Hard to have faith that Goff goesnt choke here though. 

Goff had a tough time getting going in New Orleans but the atmosphere was all the Saints way in that game. His offense was stifled by the noise & they they still battled back from a 13-0 deficit on the road vs a team that was 8-0 at home, very impressive indeed. Goff doesn't seem like the rattling type, in fact he seems pretty even keeled. This is the best running team the Pats have faced all year, Jets, Bills, Fins, running games stunk, and all of the division Oline stunk. KCs Oline isn't close to the Rams, Mahomes made them look much better but it was the KC defense letting the Patriots run out to a 14-0 lead that lost that game. I just DO NOT see the Pats ripping off 7/8/9/10/11 yard runs continuously like they were against the Chiefs. Just using Devlin won't be as big a factor vs the Rams who are much bigger & stronger up front. Chris Jones has no sand in his pants like Suh does when Suh wants to go 100% he's an unmovable force because of Donald playing right next to him. 

Rams stifled the running games of Dallas & New Orleans, kept both Cooper & Thomas in check. It's an underrated group.

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

3.5 would definitely swing the nervous money over to the Rams.  I've seen a few places go as high as 3 so far. It might go to 3.5. I'm of the belief the Rams win by double digits though, so I'm good with taking the Rams right now.

I could see that easily.  I think Brady has lost a step, as has Gronk. The Pat's arent really talent rich. Beli's overrated as a defensive genius and I think the Rams will score thier points against mediocre Pats defense (like eagles last year) 

Also as many have said Brady gets skittish with pressure from middle and the Rams can deliver that and press receivers preventing Brady from getting rid of ball quickly 

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'd fade the public and bet Rams too, can I change my vote here lol

Another prediction: if the Pat's win, Bit will say they were always going to win because the NFL wanted to send Brady out on top. If the Rams win it will because the NFL wanted to establish an anchor franchise in second biggest media market 

On 1/23/2019 at 11:16 AM, JiF said:

Note for the board: he wont take the bet therefore, doesnt believe the Rams win by double digit points. 

Mission accomplished - bye bye 

Not following whatever this dustup is about, however the idea that you proved something when a guy correctly refused to lay 10 pts in a bet when he can go to any book and get 3 has to be peak jifleton.

Archived