Jets are winning a Super Bowl

joewilly12

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

With the right coaching staff, drafting and free agency we can eventually do it sooner than later. 

The QB is the key piece and we have him in place. 

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE 

I believe!!!  

I also believed in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and that the WWF was real,  so there's that too. :cheers:

I think inherently with Darnold our chances are better than they've ever been in my lifetime. It's really hard to win a Super Bowl with guys like Vinny Testaverde, Chad Pennington, or Mark Sanchez. You need everything else to fall in line and those guys to play above their average level...

That said, the list of very good QBs who never won a Super Bowl is pretty long too. The question is, can the Jets build an overall team the quality of the '98, '09, '10 type teams in the near future? Mac's draft record suggests otherwise... Hopefully his "luck" changes and he starts finally hitting on some picks.

Its a matter of doing what the rams and chiefs did. Building a great team around a QB that is costing you close to nothing. Once you need to pay him 25 plus million all bets are off unless he turns into an elite nfl qb because the cap space will kill you fast.

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive..." And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was screaming: "Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?"

Ownership, GM make decisions on gut feeling.  What could go wrong? End result changing HC every 3 years and fans will always be fan believing these clowns every single time.  Jets fans whose window are closing like the OP are the most vulnerable to these cold hearted aszclowns.

Delusional disorder, previously called paranoid disorder, is a type of serious mental illness called a psychotic disorder. People who have it can’t tell what’s real from what is imagined.

Delusions are the main symptom of delusional disorder. They’re unshakable beliefs in something that isn’t true or based on reality. But that doesn’t mean they’re completely unrealistic. Delusional disorder involves delusions that aren’t bizarre, having to do with situations that could happen in real life, like being followed, poisoned, deceived, conspired against, or loved from a distance. These delusions usually involve mistaken perceptions or experiences. But in reality, the situations are either not true at all or highly exaggerated.

A bizarre delusion, by contrast, is something that could never happen in real life, such as being cloned by aliens, the Jets winning a super bowl or having your thoughts broadcast on TV. A person who has such thoughts might be considered delusional with bizarre-type delusions.

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

Dont know if this was sarcasm or real but I'm feeling it. lol

No sarcasm.  January 2019 is going to go down as the month this franchise was reborn.  I have not been this excited for the next Jets season since 2010.

SAR I

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

With the right coaching staff, drafting and free agency we can eventually do it sooner than later. 

The QB is the key piece and we have him in place. 

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE 

I'm curious. What would make you think that? You've ragged on Macc constantly, but you woke up today and suddenly feel he will sign and draft the players to turn this team around? You're suddenly of the belief the man you claim got us in this mess will be the one to get us out of it? We were one 4th down run against Buffalo from having the 1st pick in the draft. Based on our talent level, (30th?) we are as far from the SB as any team in the league. Then you say Darnold is the one who will make it happen, SOONER then later. Darnold is coming off an uneven rookie year, yet because he had a really good 3 game stretch toward the end of the season, you're of the opinion he will SOON lead us to the Super Bowl.  We play in a conference where there are QBs by the name of Brady, Rothlisberger, Rivers, Luck, Mahomes and Watson, among others. To those who say Sam can develop into a better QB, or that some of those names won't be around much longer, isn't that the exact thing fans of the teams with Mayfield, Allen and Jackson are saying? Maybe we should just wait and see if he can elevate his play beyond the level of those 3 rookies (which he hasn't) before we have him leading us to even an AFC title? Those are just some QBs in the AFC, forget the other conference. We have a long way to go to just be respectable. Lets try to do that before you talk this Super Bowl nonsense.

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

I feel we have a chance, not next season but soon. It's the best I've felt about this franchise in a long time.

Absolutely!  Without a franchise QB it's impossible to have hope.  Now that we have that box checked off, anything is possible.  Just need the GM and new coaching staff to do their part now.  A lot to ask, but there is legitimate HOPE.

I have been following this team since the early 80s,I have never felt more confident about our future.  I believe a super bowl is coming sooner than later.  So far this offseason has been great but it needs to continue with FA and the draft.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm curious. What would make you think that? You've ragged on Macc constantly, but you woke up today and suddenly feel he will sign and draft the players to turn this team around?  Lets try to do that before you talk this Super Bowl nonsense.

Everyone knows Mike Maccagnan is nothing but GM by title. The Johnson brothers, Adam Gase and Gregg Williams will be calling the shots from here on in. 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Everyone knows Mike Maccagnan is nothing but GM by title. The Johnson brothers, Adam Gase and Gregg Williams will be calling the shots from here on in. 

Is that right, EVERYONE knows that? I missed the press conference where they announced it. Could you post a link please?

Archived