Dan Snyder wanted Todd Bowles bad

WayneChrebet80

https://riggosrag.com/2019/01/21/redskins-owner-dan-snyder-desperately-wanted-todd-bowles/

Dan [Snyder] put the full-court press on (Bowles). He didn’t want to let him leave. He wanted to know what conditions it would take to get him to stay. If Todd had said, ‘I’ll only do it if I am the head coach,’ I think he may have gone for it.

Per the article, it was Snyder himself who longed to bring Bowles onto Gruden’s staff, not Gruden, who is supposed to have the primary role in staff decisions. And a telling quote from a source referenced in La Canfora’s article brings to light the lengths Snyder was willing to go to hire Bowles. Here is the quote:

Dan [Snyder] put the full-court press on (Bowles). He didn’t want to let him leave. He wanted to know what conditions it would take to get him to stay. If Todd had said, ‘I’ll only do it if I am the head coach,’ I think he may have gone for it.

There’s a lot to take away from this. First off, Snyder reportedly put all his effort into bringing Bowles to D.C. Bowles, a former defensive back who won two Super Bowl rings with the Redskins; one in 1987, and one in 1992. Bowles is also friends with Doug Williams, Washington’s current Director of Player Personnel. The fact that Snyder tried so hard, and offered so much, and Bowles still rejected the job, in favor of Tampa Bay, says a great deal about how Snyder’s rampant dysfunction resonates with the rest of the NFL.

Second, this quote details a certain disdain for Jay Gruden from Snyder. Snyder was reportedly willing to give Todd Bowles the head coaching job, after essentially sticking with Jay Gruden for the first month away from football. After interviewing defensive coordinator candidates while Greg Manusky was still in his job, this is not a good look for Snyder. He desperately wanted Bowles, to the point where he may have given him the top job. But Bowles wanted nothing to do with Snyder, and chose Tampa over the place he won two Super Bowls. A stable work environment goes a long way, and the Redskins have the polar opposite.

RELATED PRODUC

Remember this when you read that CJohnson is the worst owner in football.  Dont forget this clown, J Jones, AZ, Panthers, Browns, etc, etc

To this day, I have no idea what Todd Bowles is good at? It's definitely not coaching. The guy is tephlon. He's made millions sucking at his job, and ruined 4 years of Jets football for me. 

I saw enough in that last game in Buffalo in 2015 to post numerous threads (imagine, Jetster posted numerous threads) about firing this guy. Especially after his "Fitz is my QB" quote when he wasn't even under contract with us. Keeping Todd for 4 years was a punch in the face each year he was here to the Jet fans who had already seen through this coaching mime. 

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

Snyder is worse than the Johnsons.  That is one owner who is. 

I would LOVE to trade back to 15 & take a huge haul from Snyder including the Skins 2020 1st rounder. Skins have a pretty good roster, I'm sure they have a player we can use. I know Jet fans would lose their minds but imagine coming away with Devin White for Williams, Deebo Samuel in the 2nd, maybe 3 third round picks, and 2 first rounders in 2020? I think the Jets should do everything they can to obtain a few O lineman in free agency to protect Darnold. 

Most young Olineman need seasoning. Signing a Trent Brown & Matt Paradis, your off and running in 2019. I'm not saying don't draft a few Olineman, I'm saying we have the money to protect Sam next year. That's what the Rams did for Goff. If you look at a lot of mock drafts, there are 3-4 studs at 15, including White, Metcalf, AJ Brown, and many more! Jets could come away with a haul in this draft. Snyder LOVED what RGlll brought to the fan base regarding excitement. I could see him targeting Murray.

40 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Bob Kraft was one of the biggest fans.

It's a balance.  You need your owner to be passionate about winning (I.E. being a fan is fine), but at the same time avoid meddling.  Tough to find.

In our case, you could make an argument either way on how much our owners want to win, AND they meddle. 

In Dan Snyder's case, he intensely cares about winning, but meddles wayyyy too much. 

Hence why Kraft is a good owner and Snyder and the Johnsons are not. 

3 hours ago, varjet said:

Snyder is worse than the Johnsons.  That is one owner who is. 

There are a lot of others.  Only a few good owners.  The rest are business men, at best, who get blamed because they aren't football guys 

15 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

https://riggosrag.com/2019/01/21/redskins-owner-dan-snyder-desperately-wanted-todd-bowles/

https://imgflip.com/gif/1o5fzt

On 1/23/2019 at 9:28 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

It's a balance.  You need your owner to be passionate about winning (I.E. being a fan is fine), but at the same time avoid meddling.  Tough to find.

In our case, you could make an argument either way on how much our owners want to win, AND they meddle. 

In Dan Snyder's case, he intensely cares about winning, but meddles wayyyy too much. 

Hence why Kraft is a good owner and Snyder and the Johnsons are not. 

He doesn't care about winning as much as he cares about money.

The first ... From a while back, and still true. The list has just gotten longer - confirmed by a bunch of my freinds who live down there and now follow other teams, including one who gave up long time (inherited from family) season tickets. 

There are plenty of other articles on Napolean Danny. The Washington Post at season's end roasted him for his dishonesty and incompetence.

Archived