How Jets can go From Rags to Riches on Draft Day

JetNation

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/23/2019 at 10:48 AM, 14 in Green said:

I know, its beyond dumb. Add in the fact that DL and WR are positions of need for this team. This article suggests trading the 2 best we have at those positions for picks. Wouldn't we then need to spend those picks to then get replacements who we'd have to hope were as good just to consider these lateral moves?

Robbie is going nowhere. Take him out of this scenario. Leo, Jenkins, Claireborne, Lee are a different story. Leo will cost 14 million. Is he really worth it?  Thera slot of money that can be dispersed to pay other players. Leo’s production doesn’t warrant 14 mill. If you can get a pick for him, don’t look back. Jenkins is a JAG and doesn’t fit the New DC’s scheme. He’s a goner. Lee was just suspended and has atrociously underperformed as well. J A G S Jags Jags Jags. I believe this defense will be totally overhauled by Greg Williams within 2 years. 

On 1/23/2019 at 4:37 PM, varjet said:

The Jets are not in a position to cut loose many players under contract who may be overpriced.  

Guys like Leo, Lee, Beachum, Long, Winters and even Crowell, all players that you would think are not good values for the money, will likely need to be kept because there are so few players on the roster.  

Mediocrity is not the new fad. In with the new, out with the scrubs. Not sure of the cap hits on the aforementioned but I’d rid this team of all these guys and then some, and get what you can for them. This team needs to be purged. Bringing in a new coaching staff was Plan A. Make no mistake, redoing this pathetic roster, is plan B. Replacing players isn’t that big of a deal. It’s resigning the ones that contribute to cost effective contracts and finding ones to fit schemes at a reasonable rate are essential. Hate to say this but That’s why the Pats are successful, UGH ? 

Archived