**** the Saints

nico002

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

You won the Super Bowl off the dirtiest performance in NFL history. You deserve all the bad things that happen to you. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPZCVCZNc50 

I still feel that the Saints SB was tainted by that game.  The fact that the NFL let Farve be treated that way shows how much in many ways he was disliked because I’ve never ever seen the QB take such abuse. 

In truth games like that hurt the NFL  

But we are Jets fans so I don’t quite understand the venom here 

58 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

At what point should we tell OP that our new defensive coordinator was the mastermind behind the bountygate scandal?

So really, this thread should be “**** the Jets”.  (You know, like every other thread)

Read my mind.  Talk about the worst timing ever to try to make this point as a Jets fan.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What do you think this was the first time this happened or the Saints were the only team doing it? Dirtiest performance in NFL history? please

I disagree with the general post but I am curious can you please site a HOF QB in a championship game who took that type of abuse in the last 40 years?

Indeed for example the Giants, Redskins, Bears and Eagles all had dominating defenses but I have never seen that level of cheap shot, late shot tactics by any of those teams  

When LT broke Thiesmans leg for example he wasn’t trying  to cripple him. 

Of course the brutality of the 1940’s NFL game was more but for modern times I don’t think you can get or find any worse. 

13 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I disagree with the general post but I am curious can you please site a HOF QB in a championship game who took that type of abuse in the last 40 years?

Indeed for example the Giants, Redskins, Bears and Eagles all had dominating defenses but I have never seen that level of cheap shot, late shot tactics by any of those teams  

When LT broke Thiesmans leg for example he wasn’t trying  to cripple him. 

Of course the brutality of the 1940’s NFL game was more but for modern times I don’t think you can get or find any worse. 

I don't have old superbowls ready to go on film, but I'll bet if we went back and watched them we'd be shocked at the hits the QB's are taking. I think people forget you used to be able to hit the QB before they changed it to two hand touch. 

Here's one off the top of my head

4 hours ago, nico002 said:

You won the Super Bowl off the dirtiest performance in NFL history. You deserve all the bad things that happen to you. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPZCVCZNc50 

don't you just like the gregg williams defense?  in all fairness those hits were allowed back then. and even there some still wouldn't be roughing because the hit was almost at the same time as when favre threw the ball.

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

**** the Saints?  You are looking for sympathy for 2009 Brett Favre? **** that copper brace Wrangler wearing ****.  He used us to get out of Green Bay, choked, then "retired"   **** him. 

Don't forget he screwed the whole team over by not admitting he got hurt and couldn't throw the ball to save his life. Cost us the playoffs. Eff him indeed.

4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I still feel that the Saints SB was tainted by that game.  The fact that the NFL let Farve be treated that way shows how much in many ways he was disliked because I’ve never ever seen the QB take such abuse. 

In truth games like that hurt the NFL  

But we are Jets fans so I don’t quite understand the venom here 

I guess you don't remember the old days, like Ben Davidson breaking Namath's jaw.

9 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Sometimes you get the calls, sometimes you don’t.  That’s football, and almost every other sport.

I think the complaints are based on the fact it was so blatantly obvious a terrible non call. Bang bang play and it's "oh well". The ref was right there in perfect position..WTF ? 

29 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I think the complaints are based on the fact it was so blatantly obvious a terrible non call. Bang bang play and it's "oh well". The ref was right there in perfect position..WTF ? 

Even Nickell admitted it was a PI, surprised it wasn’t called.

7 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't have old superbowls ready to go on film, but I'll bet if we went back and watched them we'd be shocked at the hits the QB's are taking. I think people forget you used to be able to hit the QB before they changed it to two hand touch. 

Here's one off the top of my head

Go look at the Jets Raiders AFC championship game highlights from '68 and see what Namath had to endure...

13 hours ago, jgb said:

I would trust Brees more than Goff to defeat Belichick. 

Which is why the refs DIDNT make that obvious PI call. Pats have a better chance to beat the Rams and Goff than Brees and the Saints.

Archived