JAMAL Takes him down!

prime21

On 1/27/2019 at 5:21 PM, HighPitch said:

Yea he doesnt deserve to be there. Its a stretch.

but you dont have to agree

It’s politics. 6th pick in the draft from the NY market, has to he an all pro right? It makes the NFL look like they’re legit and we all know the truth how corrupt this league is. 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, LES said:

It’s politics. 6th pick in the draft from the NY market, has to he an all pro right? It makes the NFL look like they’re legit and we all know the truth how corrupt this league is. 

Soooo...what happened to Vernon Ghloston, Leonard Williams, Dee Milliner or anyone else picked high by the NY Jets?

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Soooo...what happened to Vernon Ghloston, Leonard Williams, Dee Milliner or anyone else picked high by the NY Jets?

What’s your point? 3 guys who outright sucked, injured and underperformed versus an average player who knows how to market himself. That’s pretty much it in a nutshell.  Say what you will about Goodell but he is no dummy. 

1 minute ago, LES said:

What’s your point? 3 guys who outright sucked, injured and underperformed versus an average player who knows how to market himself. That’s pretty much it in a nutshell.  Say what you will about Goodell but he is no dummy. 

Average players are Leonard Williams, Marcus Maye, Darron Lee and thousands of other high round draft picks.

Lol I guess it much easier to invent this off the wall idea that Goodell is behind Adams being a pro bowler. OK.‼️? Does he tell every team on our upcoming schedule to let Adams do good so he can be a star? Is that how it works looool because his numbers are the reason he is praised.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Average players are Leonard Williams, Marcus Maye, Darron Lee and thousands of other high round draft picks.

Lol I guess it much easier to invent this off the wall idea that Goodell is behind Adams being a pro bowler. OK.‼️? Does he tell every team on our upcoming schedule to let Adams do good so he can be a star? Is that how it works looool because his numbers are the reason he is praised.

1 interception per year lol. Big time! Look at John Johnson’s numbers who’ll be playing in SB. Overall, he’s a better safety. Made the game clinching interception in the conference playoff. Clutch! 

5 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Are interceptions the only criteria used for a safety?  

INT's, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, pass deflections.  Those are stats that matter.

Tackles 5+ years from the LOS don't matter.  TFL's and the occasional sack are nice.  But if you suck in coverage you're a linebacker, not a DB. 

Eddie Jackson had 6 INT (2 TD's), 2 FF's, 1 FR, and 15 PD's.

Adams had 1 INT, 3 FF, 1 FR, and 12 PD's. 

So in terms of doing things safeties are supposed to do in today's NFL, Jackson had 24 "impact plays".  Adams had 17. 

6 minutes ago, LES said:

1 interception per year lol. Big time! Look at John Johnson’s numbers who’ll be playing in SB. Overall, he’s a better safety. Made the game clinching interception in the conference playoff. Clutch! 

Derrr!! I’m smart because I can look at surface statistics such as interceptions and make an observation.

Dive deep if your gonna try to play around with numbers, son. Jamal Adam’s held a 89.6 rating in coverage by all safeties this year which is good for #3 in the league and also held opposing QB’s below a 45.0 passer rating and an even less rating in the red zone. He led all defensive backs with 40 stops, which is a tackle that constitutes a “loss” for the offense. He’s been the first to make contact with the ball carrier on 37 run plays this year, which ranks third among safeties and is just four short of his 2017 total. That first contact is coming at an improved average of 1.95 yards past the line of scrimmage compared to 2.2 yards past the line a season ago.

Interceptions are nice and they are important for DB’s but completely ignoring the fact that he does everything at a high level besides that one stat is ignorant and shows your lack of football knowledge. Interceptions are pretty but when you are completely dominating at your position in every other way possible...it doesn’t make you average in the least bit.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Derrr!! I’m smart because I can look at surface statistics such as interceptions and make an observation.

Dive deep if your gonna try to play around with numbers, son. Jamal Adam’s held a 89.6 rating in coverage by all safeties this year which is good for #3 in the league and also held opposing QB’s below a 45.0 passer rating and an even less rating in the red zone. He led all defensive backs with 40 stops, which is a tackle that constitutes a “loss” for the offense. He’s been the first to make contact with the ball carrier on 37 run plays this year, which ranks third among safeties and is just four short of his 2017 total. That first contact is coming at an improved average of 1.95 yards past the line of scrimmage compared to 2.2 yards past the line a season ago.

Interceptions are nice and they are important for DB’s but completely ignoring the fact that he does everything at a high level besides that one stat is ignorant and shows your lack of football knowledge. Interceptions are pretty but when you are completely dominating at your position in every other way possible...it doesn’t make you average in the least bit.

He still can’t cover your mammy. You described the true definition of a box safety. Congrats.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

INT's, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, pass deflections.  Those are stats that matter.

Tackles 5+ years from the LOS don't matter.  TFL's and the occasional sack are nice.  But if you suck in coverage you're a linebacker, not a DB. 

Good to hear.

"All that has culminated in an impressive 53.6 passer rating allowed in coverage, 10th among safeties. To put it simply, Adams can do it all. He’s the only one at his position to rank in the top-10 in run-stop percentage and passer rating allowed."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-jamal-adams-is-playing-at-an-elite-level-after-a-substantial-second-year-leap

MIC DROP

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Good to hear.

"All that has culminated in an impressive 53.6 passer rating allowed in coverage, 10th among safeties. To put it simply, Adams can do it all. He’s the only one at his position to rank in the top-10 in run-stop percentage and passer rating allowed."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-jamal-adams-is-playing-at-an-elite-level-after-a-substantial-second-year-leap

MIC DROP 

So he's the 10th best pass covering safety?  I wonder where the 9 ahead of him were drafted.

I really couldn't give a sh*t how he does in run stopping. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

So he's the 10th best pass covering safety?  I wonder where the 9 ahead of him were drafted.

And I wonder where the other 9 rank in every other category?

”Oh top 10 coverage in the league? Not good enough for meeeee. I’d rather sound like a tool then admit that he’s very good at coverage.”

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

MIC DROP AGAIN  lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well said. ? Adams should hit the snackbot and just convert to LB. He’d actually be a decent LB if he were a bit bigger. I’m sure Williams will scheme him to his strengths because coverage sure ain’t one of them. He’s slow as sheet, has no hands, and looks lost in zone coverage. Keep him near the line of scrimmage where he’ll be ‘safe’.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But but but but he’s an all pro! Lol ? 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-pff-nfl-all-pro-team

Some people are clueLES

PFF  All Pro team 

S – JAMAL ADAMS, NEW YORK JETS & EDDIE JACKSON, CHICAGO BEARS

Second Team: Kevin Byard, Tennessee Titans & Derwin James, Los Angeles Chargers

The 2017 safety class flexed its muscles in Year 2. Jackson led all safeties in pass breakups (8) while Adams was tops in total defensive stops with 44 and only allowed a passer rating of 67.3 in his coverage

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And I wonder where the other 9 rank in every other category?

”Oh top 10 coverage in the league? Not good enough for meeeee. I’d rather sound like a tool then admit that he’s very good at coverage.”

Tool? Ok.

Man you guys are sensitive every time someone points out something negative about Jamal Adams.  Hive mind, for real.

You are a troll and it’s showing. I literally just spat off the dominate coverage numbers that Jamal posted and you reply with this.

someone just ban this fool. jeez.

You pushing it sonny boy. State your case and cut the insults. I know it’s hard for you but learn to control your passion.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Man you guys are sensitive every time someone points out something negative about Jamal Adams.  Hive mind, for real.

It’s really sick. Like some sort of green slime disease has overtaken them.

DB43A0ED-4798-4715-880B-D99E51F34C5C.jpeg

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

It hurts me more than it hurts you, trust me. Well not really but damn dude. You are actually a  great poster. So I’m really having trouble understanding how you are saying he is bad in coverage when both me and Prime showed you concrete numbers where he is great in coverage. And yes, dominate at his position. He has outperformed just about every safety in every way aside from actually hauling in the pic. Plain flat out dominate otherwise...you can hate theguy and still respect his game though. 

Lol I’m really not getting what’s goin on with posters here. It’s weird as hell. The one LES guy, he’s clearly here to troll, but with you, I’m not getting it.

Just now, prime21 said:

Arron Rodgers is AWESOME - 6-10

Barkley is UNBELIEVABLE -  5-11

Rodgers has a career record of 100-57-1.

Jamal Adams has a career record of 9-23.  And he didn't win d*ck at LSU, either. 

Barkley is an apt comparison.  Because RB's matter about as much as Safeties. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rodgers has a career record of 100-57-1.

Jamal Adams has a career record of 9-23.  And he didn't win d*ck at LSU, either. 

Barkley is an apt comparison.  Because RB's matter about as much as Safeties. 

so if safeties don't matter much why do u bring up the Jets record and overall defense? 

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It hurts me more than it hurts you, trust me. Well not really but damn dude. You are actually a  great poster. So I’m really having trouble understanding how you are saying he is bad in coverage when both me and Prime showed you concrete numbers where he is great in coverage. And yes, dominate at his position. He has outperformed just about every safety in every way aside from actually hauling in the pic. Plain flat out dominate otherwise...you can hate theguy and still respect his game though. 

Lol I’m really not getting what’s goin on with posters here. It’s weird as hell. The one LES guy, he’s clearly here to troll, but with you, I’m not getting it.

Maybe because jetsfan80 knows football and understands the role of a safety, ESPECIALLY in this pass crazy state the NFL has designed. The NFL has regressed to the crazy pass days of the AFL.  But you don’t know about that so ??‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

TIME TO NEG REP 80'S POSTS AND CALL HIM A TOOL

So let me get this straight.  Jamal Adams is "dominant" in pass coverage AND run stuffing.  Yet the Jets defense was # 21 in the league per FO and we went 4-12.  Riddle me that, please. 

Do you actually hear what you are saying? There are 10 other men on the field. The individual play of Adams cannot stop Morris Claiborne from sucking, Leonard Williams from being lazy, Darron Lee from getting swallowed up, Trumaine from getting burned, Skrine from getting torched or Maye from getting hurt lol. 

Again, good poster, but hell yes you sound like a huge tool right now.

1 minute ago, LES said:

Maybe because jetsfan80 knows football and understands the role of a safety, ESPECIALLY in this pass crazy state the NFL has designed. The NFL has regressed to the crazy pass days of the AFL.  But you don’t know about that so ??‍♂️

You have a buddy around here now that’s cool.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Do you actually hear what you are saying? There are 10 other men on the field. The individual play of Adams cannot stop Morris Claiborne from sucking, Leonard Williams from being lazy, Darron Lee from getting swallowed up, Trumaine from getting burned, Skrine from getting torched or Maye from getting hurt lol. 

Again, good poster, but hell yes you sound like a huge tool right now. 

Jamal Adams fans:  "Jamal is an All-Pro, the best player on the team, dominant and elite."

Also Jamal fans:  "JAMAL NEEDS WEAPONS!!!"

The truth is, Jamal will never be anything more than the 3rd or 4th most important player on the defense.  If he wants to proclaim himself the leader of the D, cool.  But when it comes time for him to get a new contract, we should be paying him where he is slotted, or let him walk. 

Archived