Dowell Loggains Hired as OC

JetsFanatic

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Ripping the Dowell Loggains hire is like ripping the Kacey Rodgers hire under Bowles. It literally means nothing. This will be Gase's offense, therefore Loggains will only be as awful/good as Gase is.

Other than the fact it's nothing like Bowles hiring Rodgers, you're correct.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Ripping the Dowell Loggains hire is like ripping the Kacey Rodgers hire under Bowles. It literally means nothing. This will be Gase's offense, therefore Loggains will only be as awful/good as Gase is.

Gee, that's encouraging.  Especially given his record developing quarterbacks...

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

The greatest endorsement provided for him is that he is completely useless and will contribute absolutely nothing of value. You don't see the problem with that?

Its amazing how thick headed some of these coaches are.  Hopefully Gase proves us wrong.  

Bowles was this defensive genius who was going to work with his pal Kacy to run the defense.  It was a trainwreck.  The best the Jets' defense looked was when Kacy was out sick and Bowles took over.  But then he handed the reins back to Kacy when Kacy returned.  

The thesis on Gase/Loggains is that they are offensive genius' who got stuck with bad quarterbacks.  Let's see what happens.  In this Gase, it is hard to attract a real OC because Gase calls the plays.  I hope they looked well coached, and I hope Bilbo is cut loose if the defense does not look good. 

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Great example I feel much better about the hiring now. 

My point is the hire shouldn't make you feel anymore sh*tty than the hiring of Gase himself. Did you really expect Gase (who's only draw is that he -- supposedly -- knows how to run an offense) to come here just to hire some hotshot OC to run their own?

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

The greatest endorsement provided for him is that he is completely useless and will contribute absolutely nothing of value. You don't see the problem with that?

I'm not saying there's not a problem with that. I'm saying it doesn't even matter. This is Gase's show.

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

Who called the plays in the Bowles Rodgers marriage? 

So Gase will call the plays first year, things will look good. Gase will then announce he wants to focus on the whole team and give play calling duties to Loggains. Offense doesn’t do so well that year. Gase continues to say he won’t call plays but clearly has a hand in things. 

3rd year offense goes up and down, back and forth who’s actually in charge of offense and then eventually everyone’s fired. 

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

My point is the hire shouldn't make you feel anymore sh*tty than the hiring of Gase himself. Did you really expect Gase (who's only draw is that he -- supposedly -- knows how to run an offense) to come here just to hire some hotshot OC to run their own?

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm not saying there's not a problem with that. I'm saying it doesn't even matter. This is Gase's show.

Fair enough. I guess from my perspective, going a different route might at least give a slight reason for optimism. Instead I find myself thinking of the old saying: those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. To this point, I see no reason to believe anything has been learned.

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Fair enough. I guess from my perspective, going a different route might at least give a slight reason for optimism. Instead I find myself thinking of the old saying: those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. To this point, I see no reason to believe anything has been learned. 

No, they haven't learned. That was pretty clear when Macc was retained and given more authority in the HC search.

With that said, the Jets hiring Gase, only to hire a Monken or Kingsbury type to run their own offense, would've been idiotic in it's own right.

The Bears struggled during Loggains' tenure as OC, with a November 2017 ranking by ESPN placing him dead last among 32 playcallers,[12] while the offense ended the 2017 season averaging just 16.5 points per game (29th in the league). 

Isn’t that Trubiskys rookie year where they basically didn’t allow him to throw more then 10 passes a game?

I am am so sorry Sam. 

33 minutes ago, viffer said:

Gee, that's encouraging.  Especially given his record developing quarterbacks...

Ryan sh*tspatrick, Ryan Tannehill, Jimmy Claussen, Jay Cutler, Brian Hoyer, Jay Locker, Johnny Manziel, Rookie Mitchell Trubisky, Matt Barkley, Brock Osweiller.  This is the all star roster of "quarterbacks" that Dowell Loggains has had the "honor" of trying to "develop"...…..  As the old saying goes, "You can't make Chicken Salad out of sh#t".

Same whiny people every day. Get out of your basement and do anything productive. Always wondered why people have nothing to do all day but go on a chat board and comment on every post? Yeah, yeah I know it is all because you have met with wild success in everything you do. :) SOJFs. This coaching crew is the best attempt the JETs have made in the last 5  years. It may well fail but give it a chance. Haters are gonna hate.

How come the rest of the NFL gets a pass for not catching the Patriots?  Go Rams!

Archived