Dowell Loggains Hired as OC

JetsFanatic

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

not true... bowles Didn't run the Defense he Allowed Kacey to run it... the 2 weeks Kacey was out the defense actually played pretty good under bowles… when Kacey came back bowles again gave him the reins... & that was Bowles's problem.

It is time to put this lie to rest.  In the two games that Kacy Rodgers missed, the Jets won because they outscored the opponent, not because of the Defense.  Under Todd Bowles masterful play calling  those two games, The Jets gave up 26 and 24 first downs respectfully.  In both games they surrendered over 300 passing yards and more than 425 yards total offense. In the Denver Game Isiah Crowell had the game of his life, rushing for 219 yards. They scored 34 points on a bad Denver team and won.  In the Colt game the Jets passed the ball for 265 yards and the Colts turned the ball over 4 times, leading to 34 Jets points. That is why the Jets won those games. Not based on the "magnificence" of Todd Bowles. Additionally, sporadically during the season, more frequently towards the end, when Bowles sensed his demise coming, "Toad" took over the play calling at various times during games. The results were typically the same.  It is ridiculous to infer that Todd Bowles fell on his sword to protect the feelings and reputation of one Kacy Rodgers.  "What a Guy".

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

While, yeah, this is the Gase show, I’d rather have the lackey butt boy assistant to be a coach who’s not been an abject failure everywhere he’s been.  I mean  at least he won’t be our QB coach or helping out with game planning. Oh wait.

But isn't that the exact reason we hired Gase in the first place? Because he's good with that stuff?

If the success of our offense relies on the competency of a glorified assistance, than this ship has sunk before it even left the dock.

6 hours ago, Pac said:

Your browser does not support the audio element.

EDIT:  @MaxmanNow we can't embed music or Gif's?  boooooo

loggains-2.jpg

loggains-2.jpg

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

I think it said your browser can't do it lol.

It’d have been nice for him to at least interview some other coaches. Youn never know...Perhaps we’d end up with the kind of OC other teams try to poach as HC down the road.

We know what Loggains is: Not good at his job. He’s proven this elsewhere. Maybe CONSIDER something different, if you’re Gase?

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’d have been nice for him to at least interview some other coaches. Youn never know...Perhaps we’d end up with the kind of OC other teams try to poach as HC down the road.

We know what Loggains is: Not good at his job. He’s proven this elsewhere. Maybe CONSIDER something different, if you’re Gase?

The googly eyes don't bother Kenny Loggains, BIG selling point.

7 hours ago, shuler82 said:

It’s insane, even by Jets fan standards, that after watching Kacy Rodgers for 4 years that some people are attempting to justify this cronyism hire..  And this shortstack even already has a record as OC to go off of- and it sucks tiny dolphin balls. 

He’s sucked with Tennessee. He’s sucked with the Bears. And he sucked with Miami. Hmm. Wonder what he’s going to bring to the table here?

The biggest difference between Rodgers and Loggins is he just a puppet for Gase. Gase is defecto OC and QB coach . Where as Rodgers ran the entire defense and called the plays .

12 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Ripping the Dowell Loggains hire is like ripping the Kacey Rodgers hire under Bowles. It literally means nothing. This will be Gase's offense, therefore Loggains will only be as awful/good as Gase is.

Except Bowles let Rodgers call plays. And even after the defense played GREAT when Rodgers was on his deathbed for two weeks, Bowles still let him slide right back in and muck it up.

Gase already said HE will call the plays. Nothing like Rodgers hiring. Much less bad in fact.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

loggains-2.jpg

loggains-2.jpg

I tried 2 different browsers and have always been able to before last night.  Thought mention it because I know you said an upgrade thats fixing the gif situation is coming.

I was trying to use the mp3 tab.

13 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Ryan sh*tspatrick, Ryan Tannehill, Jimmy Claussen, Jay Cutler, Brian Hoyer, Jay Locker, Johnny Manziel, Rookie Mitchell Trubisky, Matt Barkley, Brock Osweiller.  This is the all star roster of "quarterbacks" that Dowell Loggains has had the "honor" of trying to "develop"...…..  As the old saying goes, "You can't make Chicken Salad out of sh#t".

Interesting foot note to this ... from NFL.com, about unsung heroes from each team:

MIAMI DOLPHINS: Brock Osweiler, quarterback. Before you leap out of your seat, hear me out: Osweiler kept the Dolphins afloat when the situation was dire at the quarterback position. Osweiler went 2-3 as a starter in place of Ryan Tannehill in Weeks 6-10, which allowed the Dolphins to stay in the playoff race before a December collapse torpedoed any remaining hopes of reaching the postseason. Sure, he's no Peyton Manning (insert sad Denver Brock GIF here), but he did what you expect your backup QB to do: give your team a chance to win.

11 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

I think of myself as a patient and forgiving fan, but this hire is one where I'm not going to make an excuse. If the best sell one can give for an Offensive Coordinator "Sure his offenses have all been in the pits but it's not like he'll actually be running the offense here anyway!" there's a problem.

He's never been good at this job, he hasn't proven to be instrumental to any quality concepts or whatever (which was the sell for the last guy) and doesn't seem to have any upside. He's really good at... letting Gase take charge I guess? That's our man, our second in command in the offense. Wow.

It’s easy to sh*t all over someone you don’t know, especially when they are a Jets hire.  And you may be right to.

But this guy keeps getting chances to have important roles on NFL teams, and the Dolphins, who know him better than we do, interviewed him to be their head coach.    Is it even remotely possible that we are misjudging and underestimating this guy because of his goofy dough boy looks?

13 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

So Gase will call the plays first year, things will look good. Gase will then announce he wants to focus on the whole team and give play calling duties to Loggains. Offense doesn’t do so well that year. Gase continues to say he won’t call plays but clearly has a hand in things. 

3rd year offense goes up and down, back and forth who’s actually in charge of offense and then eventually everyone’s fired. 

Why gase hired a DC that is one of best in the league. There is no question he doesn’t need help from the HC to run the D. As opposed to the idiot Bowles Hiring idiot OCs. It could be that respected OCs refused to work under bowles/mac. But what you are implying is not comparable, with Greg Williams here.

11 hours ago, New York Mick said:

And Gase’s offenses have been so good that his OC doesn’t matter. They both stink. The DC is the only good thing so far. 

Do you ever stop? 

You don't even know why you're complaining, makes no sense

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Do you ever stop? 

You don't even know why you're complaining, makes no sense

I’ll stop when they stop doing dumb moves  

Really? Then pull up the stats of Gase and Dowell and prove me wrong. Show me how good these two guys have done.

And it makes plenty of sense. I’m sick of the Jets FO/owners making stupid moves that hurts the team. 50 years of losing and counting. 

12 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’ll stop when they stop doing dumb moves  

Really? Then pull up the stats of Gase and Dowell and prove me wrong. Show me how good these two guys have done.

And it makes plenty of sense. I’m sick of the Jets FO/owners making stupid moves that hurts the team. 50 years of losing and counting. 

Williams had the 30th ranked D.

gase and Dowells offense was ranked higher without their QB.

you can't stop calling Williams a good hire Gase and Dowell a stupid move that hurts the team. You have no idea why.  You're just whining. How about, this is crazy, waiting until they actually coach a game to decide who's a good or stupid hire

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Williams had the 30th ranked D.

gase and Dowells offense was ranked higher without their QB.

you can't stop calling Williams a good hire Gase and Dowell a stupid move that hurts the team. You have no idea why.  You're just whining. How about, this is crazy, waiting until they actually coach a game to decide who's a good or stupid hire

They’ve coached a bunch of games already. I’ve seen it with my own eyes. And Williams has improved quite a few of the defenses he’s coached.  

Archived