the naysayers are planting the seed

rangerous

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rangerous said:

that's true and i guess people are pretty happy because bowles is no longer coach.  and while you think gase is a failed head coach so was the bellichicken before he landed brady with the patriots.  get these guys some good players and the jets will be a very good team.

Couldn't the same be said for Bowles then?

44 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

The only season that Matt Moore played in  more than 4 games in a season was in 2011, when he played in 13.  At the time of the injury, Cutler was the only available as a plug in and play starter,{he knew Gase system from Chicago}, and had to be pulled from the TV booth to do so.  If Gase had started Moore there would have been a revolution in Miami, he had no other choice.  Of course you liked Moore, I did too.  He was the best QB ever, when playing the Jets.

I mean, pulling a disinterested Cutler out of retirement was absolutely not his only choice. It wasn't a crazy decision but clearly it was a bad one.

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

What were his options?  In respect to Tannehill, would it have been preferable to say he sucked?  And in the case of Jay Cutler over Matt Moore, he had coached Jay Cutler to his best statistical QBR in Chicago and he knew his offense.  You think he should have stayed with Matt Moore?  Really?

He defended Tannehill every step of the way while he openly alienated other players.  He clearly believed in Tannehill.  He's used his injury to explain why they failed.  So which is it?  Was he valuable and the team needed him to win or he thought he sucked this whole time?  Cant have it both ways.

Gase did not lead Cutler to his best statistical season.  This is a myth.  And if you're using QBR to judge such statement, it was a 59.9 in 2015, he had a higher QBR 5 times before that season. 

And yes, I would have 1000000% gone with Matt Moore over Jay Cutler.  Jay Cutler sucks and is a total piece of sh*t that everyone hates.  Moore was 2-1 and just led the Dolphins to the playoffs.  The team respected him and he had a QBR (since that's the barometer apparently) of 77.9 the year before, Cutler never had a QBR that high.  Remember when the Jets were killing Cutler, he got injured and Moore staged a 4th quarter comeback?  I do.  I was there.  The fans were screaming for Moore the entire game.

Gase nuked his own team by bringing in Jay Cutler. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Considering that Brady & the Pats have lost like 6 regular season games at home in 17 years & 2 of them were when Brady didn't play & by the Jets & Bills, 2 division opponents, I'd say that says a lot about the Pats without Brady in the starting lineup. 3 of the 4 games Garapolo played were AT HOME and the team they beat on the road (Arizona) finished with a record of 7-8-1. In 2008 without Brady they lost AT HOME to Miami 38-13, The Jets 34-31, Steelers 33-10, did not make the playoffs & DID NOT WIN THE DIVISION.

Go look at the Patriots regular season home record over the last 17 years WITH BRADY. This without Brady narrative needs to be put to bed.

So, BB isnt 13-5 without Brady in NE? 

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Well who cares if he defended Tannehill...? Of course he defended Tannehill. That's the guy signed to a long term deal for his team. What's he supposed to do, bury the guy in interviews?

Agree bringing in a washed up and disinterested Cutler was an awful decision and is probably the move that ended up costing him his job there. I've always been a big Matt Moore fan. Guy has looked good every time I've seen him play... Granted his career seems to be over so it's not like that's the consensus.

He openly alienated players he didnt like.  This is well documented. Suh, Jordan, Parker, Drake, Phillips, Jones.  Basically all their best players.  Yet, he defended Tannehill.  The reason I bring it up is, people here are using Tannehill as the reason he couldnt win because he sucks.  Meanwhile, Gase's excuse why they didnt win enough games is that Tannehill wasnt available enough. 

58 minutes ago, JiF said:

Gase did not lead Cutler to his best statistical season.  This is a myth.  And if you're using QBR to judge such statement, it was a 59.9 in 2015, he had a higher QBR 5 times before that season. 

You're just cherry picking. Here's another cherry: His quarterback rating was 92.3 that year, the highest of his career. See how easy that is -- now it's not a myth.

52 minutes ago, JiF said:

He openly alienated players he didnt like.  This is well documented. Suh, Jordan, Parker, Drake, Phillips, Jones.  Basically all their best players.  Yet, he defended Tannehill.  The reason I bring it up is, people here are using Tannehill as the reason he couldnt win because he sucks.  Meanwhile, Gase's excuse why they didnt win enough games is that Tannehill wasnt available enough. 

I don't think he got along too well with Jay Ajayi

11 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

You're just cherry picking. Here's another cherry: His quarterback rating was 92.3 that year, the highest of his career. See how easy that is -- now it's not a myth.

Huh?  He said QBR.  So I gave facts about his QB.  haha

You're right though, he was whopping 3 points better in "rating"!!!  PARADE TIME!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I think you're overstating the case here. Sure, guys like Parker and Drake wanted the ball more, and sure overpaid, overrated, lazy malcontents like Suh might have clashed with a hardass coach. No denying Gase is prickly. It's a concern.

Quarterback is different. How often to head coaches criticize their starting QB in the media? It's the least replaceable position in the NFL. The guy you're paying is your guy through thick and thin.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

He defended Tannehill every step of the way while he openly alienated other players.  He clearly believed in Tannehill.  He's used his injury to explain why they failed.  So which is it?  Was he valuable and the team needed him to win or he thought he sucked this whole time?  Cant have it both ways.

And yes, I would have 1000000% gone with Matt Moore over Jay Cutler.  Jay Cutler sucks and is a total piece of sh*t that everyone hates.  Moore was 2-1 and just led the Dolphins to the playoffs.  The team respected him and he had a QBR (since that's the barometer apparently) of 77.9 the year before, Cutler never had a QBR that high.  Remember when the Jets were killing Cutler, he got injured and Moore staged a 4th quarter comeback?  I do.  I was there.  The fans were screaming for Moore the entire game.

Gase nuked his own team by bringing in Jay Cutler. 

I don't know what you mean by every step of the way, but as has been stated here many times, was the alternative to come out an publicly say he sucked?  More fodder for you and the "hate Gase" crowd.  In  2015, a six victory campaign  season, Cutler, under Gase, achieved 4 fourth quarter comeback game winning drives, guess Gase gets no credit there either. In addition, interceptions and sacks dropped dramatically, while yards/ completion also increased.  Look stats can be manipulated if you want.  What is undeniable is that Jay Cutler was a starting quarterback, for better or worse, for 10 seasons in the NFL.  Moore in a similar number of years, started one.  There is a reason for that. It is illogical to assume that any NFL coach would go into the season {2017} with a quarterback who had not been a starter in the league for six seasons.  As for your contention the Gase "nuked" his own team by bringing in Cutler, let me remind you that this " lousy " coach with this sh#t quarterback managed to win more games than our Jets despite a career year from Josh McCown. Matt Moore was always good against the Jets, as was pretty much every street quarterback we face.  The Jets have a knack for that.  Winning two of three games isn't exactly "leading" a team to the playoffs.  We pretty much agree most of the time, but it is obvious that you have an anti-Gase bias that no amount of debate will change. Regards.

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, pulling a disinterested Cutler out of retirement was absolutely not his only choice. It wasn't a crazy decision but clearly it was a bad one.

True, he could have traded for Geno or signed Mark Sanchez

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Well who cares if he defended Tannehill...? Of course he defended Tannehill. That's the guy signed to a long term deal for his team. What's he supposed to do, bury the guy in interviews?

Agree bringing in a washed up and disinterested Cutler was an awful decision and is probably the move that ended up costing him his job there. I've always been a big Matt Moore fan. Guy has looked good every time I've seen him play... Granted his career seems to be over so it's not like that's the consensus.

He sure looked good when he played against us. He's a Jet killer.

21 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Couldn't the same be said for Bowles then?

yes and no.  i think the biggest issues with bowles were the lack of discipline on the team and the inability to have any urgency.  how many games did they run the two minute drill and it took them about 2 minutes to run one play?  this shows they just didn't have much clue as to how the game needed to be played in certain situations.  and the same goes on defense. everybody in the stadium knows brady is going to key on gronk or edelman in certain situations and the jets just couldn't find a way to disrupt the route(s).  the corners always seemed to be playing well off the line.  and we don't have go in depth about wilky or even guys like lee or even leo.  at some point these guys all got the veterans attitude.

On 1/25/2019 at 6:48 AM, FidelioJet said:

We do this every time we get a new HC.

We hire the opposite of what we had before to the other extreme and everyone gets all excited.

Fact is Gase has failed as a HC and Williams has had an up and down career as a DC...All the rah-rahing in the world isn't going to make this team good unless they have good players.

We need playmakers.

I think its fair to say you can bet the mortgage it will be better than what we just had.......

better coaching

more experienced young qb

cant help but be better offense

defense that is at least as good as that crap last year......

win, win, win, win

Archived