*** The official lead-up to the superbowl (but not the actual game) thread ***

TuscanyTile2

Rams better ******* win.  Sean McVay better not out think himself in this goddamn game. If he has a 30 point lead like the falcons did he better figure out clock mgmt or if he’s at the one yard line on first down with Gurley and Anderson he better run it unlike Seattle.  My only joy at this point is watching the Pats lose the Superbowl. 

Side note: I tore my Achilles jumping when Seattle threw that goal line interception at a Superbowl party at my house.  Played it off until everyone left, but then spent the rest of the night in the emergency room. 

3 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Rams better ******* win.  Sean McVay better not out think himself in this goddamn game. If he has a 30 point lead like the falcons did he better figure out clock mgmt or if he’s at the one yard line on first down with Gurley and Anderson he better run it unlike Seattle.  My only joy at this point is watching the Pats lose the Superbowl. 

Side note: I tore my Achilles jumping when Seattle threw that goal line interception at a Superbowl party at my house.  Played it off until everyone left, but then spent the rest of the night in the emergency room. 

I never knew this story.  We were at the game and in that end zone where Wilson threw the INT.  My 13 year old never heard so much profanity from his father's mouth in his life!

4 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

My advice is to just not watch.  The Pats will win in some inventive new way that we'll be grumbling about until at least after the TB/BB era finally ends.  

4 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

How bad did you tear it? How did you cover up the pain?

7 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

How bad did you tear it? How did you cover up the pain?

Partially torn, not ruptured thankfully, but still hurt like a mofo and I went down like someone shot me.  I was pretty loaded and everyone thought I was just joking around and being dramatic when they scored.  I just sat on the couch for the next 3 hours biting my lip.  Didn’t even drink that much more because it sobrered me up pretty quick and I knew I would be going to the hospital and I didn’t want to be stupid drunk when I went.  

10 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Partially torn, not ruptured thankfully, but still hurt like a mofo and I went down like someone shot me.  I was pretty loaded and everyone thought I was just joking around and being dramatic when they scored.  I just sat on the couch for the next 3 hours biting my lip.  Didn’t even drink that much more because it sobrered me up pretty quick and I knew I would be going to the hospital and I didn’t want to be stupid drunk when I went.  

Did you ever tell anyone who was at your party this story?

5 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Omg, I hated that play by Seattle.  Patriots suck and I am not going to watch it

Archived