Bucs defense shifts to attack mode under Todd Bowles

WayneChrebet80

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Outside of Joe Beningo NOBODY in the NY local media called out Bowles

Pathetic.

The best though was when Mehta probably used some post material right off this board just about verbatim to troll anyone criticizing Bowles.

Lots of the Sports Media are basically mouthpieces for what ownership wants or they’ll have problems getting access.  Just like most so-called “journalists” of today protect certain politicians...no more “watchdog” media virtually anywhere working in the mainstream, which means if you have an IQ greater than a moron you better treat everything you hear or read from them with a high degree of skepticism.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol it's not you, it's everyone else

I just had an IRL negotiation with someone who uses nyjunc's online strategy of I'm right and you're wrong, so everything I say is right because I'm right and you're wrong.

Was making an offer on an apartment directly to owner.  Told him, I think your apartment is worth this based on the sales of these 4 other apartments in the building, and especially this one on in the same line.

He gives me a lecture about how the apartment is worth more than that because you have to use this formula and this data.  I tell him that we can intellectualize this any way we want, but the apartment is actually worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and the actual sales in the building shape a buyers view.  He says that's not the case.

The apartment has been on the market going onto 5 years now.  But, still he's right.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Some folks are making excuses for the coach, telling us he had no chance because of the talent when he had playoff talent with a weak schedule in year 1 and failed. After that he never had playoff talent again but there was much more than 4-5 wins a season. 

Can you give us an exact number as to the amount of talent we had each year?

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Can you give us an exact number as to the amount of talent we had each year?

If we are bad this upcoming season, it is because Gase is bad.  Not because of talent.  A wise locust once said, "these players have names and I know those names."

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I just had an IRL negotiation with someone who uses nyjunc's online strategy of I'm right and you're wrong, so everything I say is right because I'm right and you're wrong.

Was making an offer on an apartment directly to owner.  Told him, I think your apartment is worth this based on the sales of these 4 other apartments in the building, and especially this one on in the same line.

He gives me a lecture about how the apartment is worth more than that because you have to use this formula and this data.  I tell him that we can intellectualize this any way we want, but the apartment is actually worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and the actual sales in the building shape a buyers view.  He says that's not the case.

The apartment has been on the market going onto 5 years now.  But, still he's right.

I love when people chime in when they have no clue.  He was making excuses for the coach, print all the blame on the GM.  That is the post I quoted when I wrote "great" Todd Bowles.  

Screenshot_20190129-104242.png

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

If we are bad this upcoming season, it is because Gase is bad.  Not because of talent.  A wise locust once said, "these players have names and I know those names."

We won't be bad this season, at worst we will be in the playoff hunt in December for the first time in a long time.  

The theme this year from fans and the media will be realizing we had much more talent than we thought.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I love when people chime in when they have no clue.  He was making excuses for the coach, print all the blame on the GM.  That is the post I quoted when I wrote "great" Todd Bowles.  

No one has a clue about anything but you.  Kind of my point on the nose.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

We won't be bad this season, at worst we will be in the playoff hunt in December for the first time in a long time.  

The theme this year from fans and the media will be realizing we had much more talent than we thought.

We currently have 41 players under contract, less than 20 of which played any meaningful role in 2018.

If we are in the playoff hunt in December, it will be because we used our cap space to become a drastically different team than we were last year.

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

We currently have 41 players under contract, less than 20 of which played any meaningful role in 2018.

If we are in the playoff hunt in December, it will be because we used our cap space to become a drastically different team than we were last year.

But the GM sucks so how could we use that cap space efficiently and draft well?

29 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

But the GM sucks so how could we use that cap space efficiently and draft well?

You don't have to be a good GM to maybe possibly compete for a wild card when you have 100M to spend and a last place schedule.  You can buy 9 wins.  Sustaining it, and going beyond it, that's difficult.

15 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You don't have to be a good GM to maybe possibly compete for a wild card when you have 100M to spend and a last place schedule.  You can buy 9 wins.  Sustaining it, and going beyond it, that's difficult.

You do know only 2 games are determined by where you finish, right? And because teams get good and bad quickly those 2 games aren't always easier so please don't bring up the last place schedule myth.

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You do know only 2 games are determined by where you finish, right? And because teams get good and bad quickly those 2 games aren't always easier so please don't bring up the last place schedule myth.

This isn't baseball.  Two games is 12% of the schedule, and more importantly, can be the difference between 7-9 and 9-7.

23 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This isn't baseball.  Two games is 12% of the schedule, and more importantly, can be the difference between 7-9 and 9-7.

But they are determined based on the previous year.  This year we played the browns who turned out to be a good team not the usual browns so on paper it looked like an easy game but the reality was far different. In 2017 we played Jacksonville based on the last place schedule and Jax made the AFC championship game.  Last place sched means very little

In the old days, pre 95 expansion, it was big.  If the Jets finished in last they would play this usual 8 games vs AFC East plus 2 games against last place team in the West and last place teams from NFC East and NFC Central.  This was basically pre free agency so teams didn't get good and bad quickly the way they have in the FA era so playing last placed teams meant something and they would have 5 games against last placed teams (also played entire 4 team AFC Central).

27 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

But they are determined based on the previous year.  This year we played the browns who turned out to be a good team not the usual browns so on paper it looked like an easy game but the reality was far different. In 2017 we played Jacksonville based on the last place schedule and Jax made the AFC championship game.  Last place sched means very little

In the old days, pre 95 expansion, it was big.  If the Jets finished in last they would play this usual 8 games vs AFC East plus 2 games against last place team in the West and last place teams from NFC East and NFC Central.  This was basically pre free agency so teams didn't get good and bad quickly the way they have in the FA era so playing last placed teams meant something and they would have 5 games against last placed teams (also played entire 4 team AFC Central).

That it's not an exact science does not mean it's not an advantage.

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Or put another way, "I know I'm wrong, have demonstrated I'm a liar and make stuff up about people to change the argument into an easier one, and therefore I'm right."

I'm not in your field so I don't readily know what the textbook terms are for this behavior. It's doubtful that it's flattering, lol.

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Or put another way, "I know I'm wrong, have demonstrated I'm a liar and make stuff up about people to change the argument into an easier one, and therefore I'm right."

I'm not in your field so I don't readily know what the textbook terms are for this behavior.

In academia it's generally referred to as Pac'ing.

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm not in your field so I don't readily know what the textbook terms are for this behavior. It's doubtful that it's flattering, lol.

Yet you won't agent you are wrong despite it being shown one again below:

Please keep it up though, you are great at deflecting.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Quotes a post of mine saying "Todd Bowles sucks"

Shortly later in the same thread, posts I think Todd Bowles is great.

Rationalization? I didn't say Todd Bowles sucks in the latter post he quoted. 

Lol, you go with that.

Using your deductive methodology I could assert you have bukake parties with Todd Bowles every Tuesday night, and say I have no way of knowing you don't because you didn't deny it in this post I'm quoting right now. It'd make about as much sense as you do. Actually I'd have more ground than you, since you didn't deny it in a prior post in this thread either.

I didn't read the Bowles part,I stopped reading after the asinine comment that we sucked mostly because of the GM.  I did see it later but that is irrelevant.  Just the post I quoted, it's not that hard.  In the quote you were making excuses for the coach. You are acting like a child but I know you have the ability to read like a grown up

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I didn't read the Bowles part,I stopped reading after the asinine comment that we sucked mostly because of the GM.  I did see it later but that is irrelevant.  Just the post I quoted, it's not that hard.  In the quote you were making excuses for the coach. You are acting like a child but I know you have the ability to read like a grown up

Personal attack

I think the $100mm in cap space will go very quickly.

Believe it or not, to rebuild this team they will need to cut additional players for cap room and look to accumulate draft picks.  

It will be hard to keep both Long and Winters when at least one of them will be a back up.  

Williams is not worth the money. 

Archived