No Mariano thread? Will Jeter get voted in unanimously?

Blackout

Will Jeter be voted in unanimously?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. ...

• Yes
    • No

On 1/31/2019 at 9:38 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Jeter won’t get 100% of the vote to the hall of Really Good. But he’ll get in first ballot. It’s mostly a farce at this point anyway. 

Harold Baines was really awful.

Jeter had way over 3000 hits, tom of rings, hit over 320 7 times.   He's not in the hall of really good.  

6 hours ago, chirorob said:

Jeter had way over 3000 hits, tom of rings, hit over 320 7 times.   He's not in the hall of really good.  

I’m not disputing that he’s a Hall of Fame player, I’m disputing that it is the Hall of Fame anymore. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 6:31 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Yankee fans summed up in a nutshell: Vladimir Guerrero didn't get in on the first ballot, but Jeter should get in immediately for sure. And maybe even with 100% of the vote.

^ Mets fans summed up in a nutshell.

I'm a Yankees fan. I think it's ridiculous that Griffey Jr. didn't get in unanimously. I think it makes sense that Mariano did. I don't think it would make sense for Jeter to be unanimous, but it would make sense for him to be first ballot.

On 2/4/2019 at 5:31 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Yankee fans summed up in a nutshell: Vladimir Guerrero didn't get in on the first ballot, but Jeter should get in immediately for sure. And maybe even with 100% of the vote.

Don't be that guy.

I stated, over and over, that Vlad should be a 1st ballot player.   Guy was amazing.  Great batting average, great power, strong arm, when younger a great fielder, nice guy, and hit a bounced pitch for a double.    He was a brilliant player, however, that doesn't change that Jeter should be a 1st ballot as well.

On 2/25/2019 at 3:38 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

^ Mets fans summed up in a nutshell.

I'm a Yankees fan. I think it's ridiculous that Griffey Jr. didn't get in unanimously. I think it makes sense that Mariano did. I don't think it would make sense for Jeter to be unanimous, but it would make sense for him to be first ballot.

I think it’s ridiculous a roider like Mike Piazza got in the HOF

On 2/4/2019 at 1:10 PM, chirorob said:

Jeter has more hits than Honus Wagner, Carl Yastrzemski and Willie Mays but his getting in the hall of “okay” is a “farce” according to carl

Got it

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Jeter has more hits than Honus Wagner, Carl Yastrzemski and Willie Mays but his getting in the hall of “okay” is a “farce” according to carl

Got it

I think he was more ripping the hall in general for letting marginal players in.

Harold baines?  

Archived