Sign in to follow this  
Blackout

No Mariano thread? Will Jeter get voted in unanimously?

Will Jeter be voted in unanimously?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. ...

• Yes
    • No

I'm going to say no.  I think someone leaves him off their ballot.  

No. Mariano not only was the dominant closer of his time, but also in the history of the game. That's why he was unanimous, and deservedly so. Although a great player, Jeter was neither.

Mariano was the best at his position for the majority of his tenure as a player. Jeter can't say the same.

The whole idea that there has never been a unanimous vote previously is of course incredibly stupid, so one never knows. A little like Mike Mussina being voted in.

It’s a popularity contest and people like jeter

Jeter will be at like 98% but not unanimous. Didnt win any MVP awards nor was the undoubted greatest to ever play his position. Mo was the unanimous GOAT of his position which got him the 100%.

Jeter won’t get 100% of the vote to the hall of Really Good. But he’ll get in first ballot. It’s mostly a farce at this point anyway. 

On 1/31/2019 at 9:38 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Jeter won’t get 100% of the vote to the hall of Really Good. But he’ll get in first ballot. It’s mostly a farce at this point anyway. 

Harold Baines was really awful.

Jeter had way over 3000 hits, tom of rings, hit over 320 7 times.   He's not in the hall of really good.  

Yankee fans summed up in a nutshell: Vladimir Guerrero didn't get in on the first ballot, but Jeter should get in immediately for sure. And maybe even with 100% of the vote.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, chirorob said:

Jeter had way over 3000 hits, tom of rings, hit over 320 7 times.   He's not in the hall of really good.  

I’m not disputing that he’s a Hall of Fame player, I’m disputing that it is the Hall of Fame anymore. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m not disputing that he’s a Hall of Fame player, I’m disputing that it is the Hall of Fame anymore. 

Fair enough

On 2/4/2019 at 5:31 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Yankee fans summed up in a nutshell: Vladimir Guerrero didn't get in on the first ballot, but Jeter should get in immediately for sure. And maybe even with 100% of the vote.

Met Fan Alert !! Met Fan Alert !!

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2019 at 6:31 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

^ Mets fans summed up in a nutshell.

I'm a Yankees fan. I think it's ridiculous that Griffey Jr. didn't get in unanimously. I think it makes sense that Mariano did. I don't think it would make sense for Jeter to be unanimous, but it would make sense for him to be first ballot.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t think Jeter is quite that level. He is first ballot though and some writer in Boston will probably be the only one that doesn’t vote for him. 

On 2/4/2019 at 5:31 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Don't be that guy.

I stated, over and over, that Vlad should be a 1st ballot player.   Guy was amazing.  Great batting average, great power, strong arm, when younger a great fielder, nice guy, and hit a bounced pitch for a double.    He was a brilliant player, however, that doesn't change that Jeter should be a 1st ballot as well.

On 2/25/2019 at 3:38 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

^ Mets fans summed up in a nutshell.

I'm a Yankees fan. I think it's ridiculous that Griffey Jr. didn't get in unanimously. I think it makes sense that Mariano did. I don't think it would make sense for Jeter to be unanimous, but it would make sense for him to be first ballot.

I think it’s ridiculous a roider like Mike Piazza got in the HOF

On 2/4/2019 at 1:10 PM, chirorob said:

Jeter has more hits than Honus Wagner, Carl Yastrzemski and Willie Mays but his getting in the hall of “okay” is a “farce” according to carl

Got it

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Jeter has more hits than Honus Wagner, Carl Yastrzemski and Willie Mays but his getting in the hall of “okay” is a “farce” according to carl

Got it

I think he was more ripping the hall in general for letting marginal players in.

Harold baines?