Dream trade down scenario

nico002

I’m bored so I cooked up the best case scenario for  trade down that while very unlikely is realistic and possible. 

1. Allen/QB1

2. Allen/QB1

3. Trade with Raiders who want Bosa- get one of their late first rounders 

4. Trade with Jags who want QB2- get 2nd this year and 1st next year.

19 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You’d trade away from getting Bosa?

Hard one but moving from 3 to 7 and getting a late 1st and high 2nd this year and a 1st next year?  Yeah, I'd do that.  Playing along with this highly improbable but plausibly constructed scenario.

With the first 4 set, at 7 you are getting either your choice of OT, or an incredible DL talent who, while possibly not Bosa, would be close enough to justify the trade.  Q Williams, C Ferrell, Jonah Williams?  at least one of those 3 is yours for the taking.  Not to mention Ed Oliver if your tastes run more that way.  Then late 1st you are looking at either a WR or interior OL prospect and the other one with the high 2nd.  

So in the end, would I rather have Bosa or one of Jonah Williams or Clelin Ferrel PLUS N'Keal Harry AND Cody Ford AND a 2020 1st rounder, I'm going with the latter.  

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Hard one but moving from 3 to 7 and getting a late 1st and high 2nd this year and a 1st next year?  Yeah, I'd do that.  Playing along with this highly improbable but plausibly constructed scenario.

With the first 4 set, at 7 you are getting either your choice of OT, or an incredible DL talent who, while possibly not Bosa, would be close enough to justify the trade.  Q Williams, C Ferrell, Jonah Williams?  at least one of those 3 is yours for the taking.  Not to mention Ed Oliver if your tastes run more that way.  Then late 1st you are looking at either a WR or interior OL prospect and the other one with the high 2nd.  

So in the end, would I rather have Bosa or one of Jonah Williams or Clelin Ferrel PLUS N'Keal Harry AND Cody Ford AND a 2020 1st rounder, I'm going with the latter.  

Johan and Ferrel will be gone in the top 5/10 but I like the idea of getting 2 potential studs plus a first next year. 

34 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Johan and Ferrel will be gone in the top 5/10 but I like the idea of getting 2 potential studs plus a first next year. 

In his scenario (which I played out without challenging), he has Allen, Bosa and 2 QBs going 1-4, leaving both Jonah and Ferrell on the board.  I have to believe Q Williams is as likely to go next as either of those two guys but it almost doesn't matter.  Any of those three plus Oliver are a solid value at 7.

37 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol if we trade away from  Bosa  I would seriously need Mac to take a drug test . He is the draft top player and fills a position of need 4-3 DE.. 

Weighing his injury concerns and family history of the such...Not to mention a potential holdout, I could see opting for the upside of other players + the added draft value. 

19 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Weighing his injury concerns and family history of the such...Not to mention a potential holdout, I could see opting for the upside of other players + the added draft value. 

Even with all that said his brother has 28.5 in 33 games .. I’ll take that kinda production any day .  Good news I could see cardinals passing on him for Allen with the switch too 3-4. I don’t see the niners passing at all. 

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

I’m bored so I cooked up the best case scenario for  trade down that while very unlikely is realistic and possible. 

1. Allen/QB1

2. Allen/QB1

Hate walking away from Bosa, but hard too argue with your thinking. Jets need to build a solid team and I emphasize team. This could be a great start if implemented properly.

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

1. Allen/QB1

2. Allen/QB1

I want to help Darnold with O next year. But if Bosa is sitting there at 3....unless someone blows your doors off with a sick offer- you run to the podium and take Bosa.

Darnold, Bosa in back to back drafts. My God, I’m gonna need some privacy and some hand cream....

Mac has to be smart. Get some leverage. Don’t be calling teams asking to trade down. Wait till they come to us begging for the 3 pick or creat some fake News that we have a team already asking about our pick. Not yet though. Wait till after the combine. Don’t blow it Mac. 

I could see the Jets trading down twice.  That would be the dream scenario for me.

Trade back 1 spot with the Raiders.  Take their #27 in the 1st round and possibly send them a 4th or 5th to even it out.

Trade back from #4 to #7 with Jacksonville.  Pick up their 2nd this year and maybe a 1st or 2nd next year.

Jets end up at #7, still get a pass rusher or maybe reach a little for an OLineman.  They then pick again at #27 in Round 1, have a 2nd round pick and their own 2 picks in Round 3.

#7 could still be a guy like Clelin Ferrell, Ed Oliver, Rashan Gary, Greedy Williams or an OLineman like Cody Ford/Jawaan Taylor/Jonah Williams.

I'd love to get one of them, but when I look at this draft, I can't see any other scenario except Bosa and Allen going 1,2. I'd be shocked if we're able to pull of the trade to get us the extra picks we all want. I just don't think anyone will have to come up to 3 for any of these QBs. We made a great move last year to get Darnold, but now we just have to bite the bullet and accept the fact we're not going to have a 2nd round pick. So I'd take the BPA in the 1st, and hope we get lucky with the 3rd's and 4th we have and get some combination of CB, OT, or WR there.  Then sign Bell, another OL and maybe another WR or ER in FA, and that's a very solid offseason. 

15 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

Both were considered the best prospect of their respective draft. Doesn’t mean any thing. 

That’s great and all but besides that there is nothing comparable about these 2 players . Using this logic browns should of passed on Myles Garrett 

13 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Like Leonard.  that does not always work out.  3 for 1 or 4 for 1 is a better opportunity for success.

Why would Nick Bosa be a holdout risk? The Chargers inexplicably lowballing his brother has nothing to do with anything. If a top 3 pick was offered deferred SB money and team-protecting offset language, that player is holding out no matter his name. 

Bosa isn’t a holdout risk. Rather, any Bolts’ pick carries a significant risk of holding out if they pick in the top 5. Bosa, Rivers, Jammer, Tomlinson... that’s the extended holdout patten, not the Bosa Family. Even worse with Bosa’s is how the contracts are slotted, removing any rationalization by the team.

You don’t want to sign up for that deal? Don’t pick that high then lol. 

My dream would be the following 
Redskins trade 2019 first round pick 2019 second round pick, 2020 first round pick, 2020 second round pick for Jets third overall 
The Redskins could be terrible next year starting a rookie QB. 
Redskins organization might still be a bit sore for what they have up for rg3. The other side of this trade would be that we would be moving a good way down to make that happen value chart goes out the window when you move from 3 to 15 they don't get our third we get theirs imo.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

My dream would be the following 

Redskins trade 2019 first round pick 2019 second round pick, 2020 first round pick, 2020 second round pick for Jets third overall 

The Redskins could be terrible next year starting a rookie QB. 

I’ve said this before ... my money is on the Skins to trade up for a QB.  Their fan base is fed up and the team needs to give them something to be hopeful about.

3 hours ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

I’ve said this before ... my money is on the Skins to trade up for a QB.  Their fan base is fed up and the team needs to give them something to be hopeful about.

The problem is that they already pulled a huge trade up for RG3 and it failed miserably.

Archived