Arizona will look to trade down, in my humble opinion

Jetster

When your a 3-13 football club and you've picked your supposed franchise QB the year earlier, and you had the worst offense in the league, staying Pat for Nick Bosa when you already have an expensive DE in Chandler Jones is flat out stupid. 

Whether or not the Cards can find a trade partner is another story but similar to the Jets the Cards need to fix their Oline to protect the cement shoed Rosen. Bosa doesn't move the needle at all for a team paying an old WR (Fitzgerald) a huge thank you salary. 

I think there will be movement above us, but not if the Cards are looking to fleece a team trying to move up. Similar to the Jets the number 1 thing for these teams is protecting their young QBs. The difference is the Jets have a huge treasure chest of cap money to look into the free agent market for some of that help i.e. (Matt Paradis)?. 

Its imperative the we somehow get a 2nd round pick so we can land a young stud WR to develop along with Darnold. While I see a split of 50/50 regarding signing Le'veon Bell, his salary would have zero impact on our cap while Sam is under his rookie contract. I think we'll look at Bell & see the success young QBs have had with a stud RB like Zac in Dallas, Goff in LA, even Mahomes in KC, who's to say NOT having Hunt in the AFCCG didn't hurt the Chiefs in the 1st half? 

I think somehow, someway a QB is being taken above us, the 49ers go Bosa, so the Jets if they can't trade back will be in position for the 2nd best non QB player in college football. Who is that player? The combine will have a lot to say with that but it's a shame that we are picking so high & there will be no concensus on who that pick will be. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

When your a 3-13 football club and you've picked your supposed franchise QB the year earlier, and you had the worst offense in the league, staying Pat for Nick Bosa when you already have an expensive DE in Chandler Jones is flat out stupid. 

Whether or not the Cards can find a trade partner is another story but similar to the Jets the Cards need to fix their Oline to protect the cement shoed Rosen. Bosa doesn't move the needle at all for a team paying an old WR (Fitzgerald) a huge thank you salary. 

I think there will be movement above us, but not if the Cards are looking to fleece a team trying to move up. Similar to the Jets the number 1 thing for these teams is protecting their young QBs. The difference is the Jets have a huge treasure chest of cap money to look into the free agent market for some of that help i.e. (Matt Paradis)?. 

Its imperative the we somehow get a 2nd round pick so we can land a young stud WR to develop along with Darnold. While I see a split of 50/50 regarding signing Le'veon Bell, his salary would have zero impact on our cap while Sam is under his rookie contract. I think we'll look at Bell & see the success young QBs have had with a stud RB like Zac in Dallas, Goff in LA, even Mahomes in KC, who's to say NOT having Hunt in the AFCCG didn't hurt the Chiefs in the 1st half? 

I think somehow, someway a QB is being taken above us, the 49ers go Bosa, so the Jets if they can't trade back will be in position for the 2nd best non QB player in college football. Who is that player? The combine will have a lot to say with that but it's a shame that we are picking so high & there will be no concensus on who that pick will be. 

Plan for the draft HAS to be trading down this year. There are holes on this roster everywhere. 

Whether they're at 3 or drop down to 7, OT has to be the first pick. LTs just aren't available in FA, kid can learn under Beachum/replace him by the end of the year. 

1) of course if someone wants a qb they will look to trade up as high as possible. Why would they want to risk another team being able to get ahead of them?

2) it is not imperative that we draft a "young stud receiver in the second round" any stud receiver will be gone in the first And the only thing that is imperitive is that we work on our offensive line everything else this year is a luxury.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

I think it will be important to compare the cap situations of the Browns and the Jets. 

The Jets have more cap space, but the Browns have more better players under contract. 

The Jets high cap space is nice, but they could use more draft picks, and to use them well.  They will need to spend a lot of money just to fill the roster.

This is not an organization that is focused and organized.  What they should have done was cut all the veterans who would not be coming back and signed more players off of better teams practice squads. 

Kyler Murray is the "Wild Card".  If the Cardinals somehow take him, then our 3rd pick becomes golden.  We would be in a great position to trade down to a team looking to trade up for Haskins, which I feel strongly  is going to happen.  Bosa will not get by the 49ers at #2. So it's Josh Allen, Quinnen Williams or trade down. Trading down is the best case scenario for the 2019 Jets.

IMHO, Cards would be crazy to ignore Bosa just because they have Jones ... for one, having two strong pass rushers (one on a rookie deal) opens up a lot of options on D, and also by the time the Cards are ready to really compete, Jones will be a few years older.

Better move could be to draft Bosa and trade Chandler for a decent pick, to invest in the long term. Their 2nd round pick will be a good spot to pick up a good OL prospect, and they could trade up a bit if needed without it costing too much.

58 minutes ago, Jetster said:

It's never stupid to land a stud pass rusher on a rookie deal. This is the last year Chandler Jones has guaranteed money. 

58 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Similar to the Jets the number 1 thing for these teams is protecting their young QBs. The difference is the Jets have a huge treasure chest of cap money to look into the free agent market for some of that help i.e. (Matt Paradis)?. 

Cards have $61M in cap room. 

1 hour ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Plan for the draft HAS to be trading down this year. There are holes on this roster everywhere. 

Whether they're at 3 or drop down to 7, OT has to be the first pick. LTs just aren't available in FA, kid can learn under Beachum/replace him by the end of the year. 

I hope so.  And not that I know that much about these FA OL but supposedly Paradis and Trent Brown are both good OL.  What if we sign those guys and then trade down and get Jonah Williams?  We'd have our OL rebuilt right there plus we'd probably be able to recoup a 2nd rounder this year.  Darnold would be in his 2nd year in the league with an already rebuilt OL.  I like the sound of that. 

The OL has to be priority #1.  Once that's established, we can start to build up the rest of the roster.

38 minutes ago, slats said:

It's never stupid to land a stud pass rusher on a rookie deal. This is the last year Chandler Jones has guaranteed money. 

Cards have $61M in cap room. 

Is that after resigning Fitz for that Big going away salary?

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hope so.  And not that I know that much about these FA OL but supposedly Paradis and Trent Brown are both good OL.  What if we sign those guys and then trade down and get Jonah Williams?  We'd have our OL rebuilt right there plus we'd probably be able to recoup a 2nd rounder this year.  Darnold would be in his 2nd year in the league with an already rebuilt OL.  I like the sound of that. 

The OL has to be priority #1.  Once that's established, we can start to build up the rest of the roster.

That's overkill signing Trent Brown & using a high pick for Jonah Williams. If the Jets sign Brown & Paradis, if they can't trade down they're picking either an edge rusher(unless they sign 1 in free agency, and if they do they'll go best defensive player available even if that's Greedy Williams). I know Jet fans would freak out with a CB being drafted again but that is 1 of the 4 most important positions in today's NFL, QB, LT, Pass rush, CB. If we did draft Greedy, id love to steal Dequeze Dennard from the Bengals. 

I could live with Tru, Greedy, Dennard, Bones Jones, Nickerson, Adams & Maye. That's a nice secondary.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

you saying hot takes aren’t information bro

Actually, I haven't seen much talk at all about the Cards moving back. Talk about a team in rebuild mode. Bad Oline, bad defense, old WR, Chandler Jones in his final year of contract, and a slow pocket QB. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

assumes they still like rosen.  but if they do they're kind of in the same position as the jets in needing lots of better players so trading down makes sense.

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

assumes they still like rosen.  but if they do they're kind of in the same position as the jets in needing lots of better players so trading down makes sense.

I don't think Gruden + Carr is working at all. Gonna be a very interesting draft with all the Picks the Raiders have. Could we see Carr moved? I could see a team like the Jaguars interested. 

2 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

You're right and I think they will.

If you have the ability to draft an elite pass-rusher and maintain him on a rookie deal for half a decade, you don't even think twice. The only scenario where you don't, is if you don't have a franchise QB and one is available. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I don't think Gruden + Carr is working at all. Gonna be a very interesting draft with all the Picks the Raiders have. Could we see Carr moved? I could see a team like the Jaguars interested. 

yep.  i'll bet at least 5 teams will be looking for a qb and there just aren't that many top flight guys this draft.  nice unequal supply and demand.  good scenario for trading down.

19 hours ago, nico002 said:

I think Murray is still a play for Cards at #1

Rosen looked like a Girl Scout running for her life being chased by big mean bears. Would they be so bold and cut ties with him so quick? That would take some big cajones. Can’t see it though so soon, after all didnt they move up to draft this stiff? 

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

They could have had him last year but passed .   You think they want him after seeing his rookie year?

Do I?   No, not really.

Just thought it was an interesting rumor.   As in, .0000001% of ever happening, but kinda interesting.

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

They could have had him last year but passed .   You think they want him after seeing his rookie year?

Different circumstances last season they wanted Barkley this season they desperately need a replacement for Manning sooner than later. 

21 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Jets’ fans: ‘Zona would be foolish to draft Bosa with their oline in shambles. Absolutely absurd.

Also Jets’ fans: creates dream scenario to draft Bosa with their oline equally in shambles. Absolutely brilliant. 

Does Arizona have the free agent capital the NY Jets have? There are decent olineman to be had albeit not a ton.

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Different circumstances last season they wanted Barkley this season they desperately need a replacement for Manning sooner than later. 

Manning was freaking horrible last year, I mean he's going to be another year older & he obviously isn't the health & fitness nut that Tom Brady is. Giants don't find a replacement soon, it will be awesome to watch because they will literally morph into the 2014-2017 NY Jets, who went from Fitz (who is actually Elis equal now) to Josh McCown who Eli eerily resembled this year. 

On 1/27/2019 at 10:45 AM, Jetster said:

Actually, I haven't seen much talk at all about the Cards moving back. Talk about a team in rebuild mode. Bad Oline, bad defense, old WR, Chandler Jones in his final year of contract, and a slow pocket QB. 

Bad this...bad that....and the Jets arent just as bad

everyone wants to trade down there's no one worth trading up for

Kyler Murray besides being 5'8" or 5'9" has options. He can always just stop and play baseball. The league hates a player with other options

Haskins is a top 16 player not a top 3 player

i don't see where this trade up is coming from or more importantly where it's going to 

18 minutes ago, redstorm61 said:

Bad this...bad that....and the Jets arent just as bad

No they're not. Darnold is a better QB than Rosen in that he's mobile & Rosen has cement shoes ala Ken Obrien. Larry Fitzgerald is in his swan song year, Chandler Jones will be gone. Jets have way more upside in 2019 than the Cards.

Archived