Arizona will look to trade down, in my humble opinion

Jetster

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:59 AM, Jetster said:

I don't think Gruden + Carr is working at all. Gonna be a very interesting draft with all the Picks the Raiders have. Could we see Carr moved? I could see a team like the Jaguars interested. 

Even if you're correct about Gruden and Carr, (I'm not sure you are though) why would the Raiders move on from him this year? Look at the next two QB classes compared to this year. Then add in the fact the Raiders will have another two 1st round picks next year, and they can do basically whatever kind of maneuvering they want in the next two drafts.

Add in the Mayock hire, which I think was a great one for evaluating players in these drafts, I agree with you, they can do a lot of moving around this year to get additional picks for their rebuild, I just don't see the QB position as a priority for them this season. I'm amazed how under the radar they've been as a team that has an opportunity to take these drafts, and the league itself by storm the next few years. I get the skepticism about Davis and Gruden, but the Mayock move brings a voice of reason to the room. I'm very interested to watch and see how this all plays out for them.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:59 AM, 32EBoozer said:

I hope Arizona takes that path and drafts Murray. That will leave us with either Bosa or being the most logical choice for a trade up. If someone wants Haskins .... #3 would be the wise choice in getting ahead of Oakland and the Giants.

You're 100% correct here. But as I read this, a scenario popped in my head that I think is interesting, if the Jets ABSOLUTELY love Bosa and the Cards feel the same about Murray. We either propose a deal similar to the Rivers/Manning deal with them, or the Jets trade picks before the draft, We offer them either Leo or a 2019 3rd or 2020 second. They get Murray, who they loved(?) plus whatever we give, and we get Bosa! 

Thank me later Macc!

Archived