Did you ever root for the TB12 Patriots in a Superbowl?

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I only routed for them when they played the Giants, for two reasons so the Dolphins fans would shut the **** up about going indefeated and I wouldn’t have to listen to the Giant fans. 

And this is 100 % Proof you're A Jets fan since they lost both times to the Giants. 

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

I hate the Dolfags much more than I hate the Pats but they are closing in.....If you were around when the Original Cheat coached (Don Shula) you would understand that hatred

The Pats are closing in for me as well.  But if I were forced to choose between either the Dolphins or the Pats going on the run the Pats just went on, I'd choose the Pats.

This franchise is LONG overdue for a sustained run of success. The Dolphins owned the 70's through mid-80's.  The Bills dominated in the 90's.  The Pats have dominated since 2001.  I don't think the Jets have EVER had a run of dominance.  

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I hate the Dolfags much more than I hate the Pats but they are closing in.....If you were around when the Original Cheat coached (Don Shula) you would understand that hatred

Just because the poor guy forgot to put the tarp on the field?? You know it never rains in south Florida......wink, wink.

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

I won a crap ton of money on that game in a box pool, the safety was key lol

I was a freshman away at school and can't remember what I spent the money on ??

Maybe George Thoroughgood can refresh your memory...." one bourbon, one scotch, one beer."?

Eff the Patriots.  Eff the Dolphins. Eff the Bills. Eff the Steelers. Eff the Giants.  Eff the Eagles.  Eff the Cowboys. Eff the Packers. Eff the Raiders. Eff Tom Brady. Eff Dan Marino. Eff Don Shula. Eff Boston...

Am I missing anyone or does this cover it?  

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, never.  Not them, not Buffalo, not Miami, not Indy.  Never root for hated division rivals. 

This is the only right answer. Anyone who answers otherwise is detestable and disgusting and should be banned. Really gross to read some of these responses

Versus the giants both times. Living in NY i knew it would be u bearable dealing with the giant fans. I was 100% right....never forget wearing my Super Bowl 3 jacket a few weeks after the first pat giant game and having giant fans all over saying “not this year” “too bad you can’t beat the pats like us.”

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Nope.  Never rooted for them in th Super Bowl.  Not against the Bears in 85 or the Packers in 96.  And certainly not in the Smug Cheaters era.  I don't care who they are playing.  I don't understand how anyone would have rooted for them against the Giants.  I am simply physically and mentally incapable of rooting for arrogant pricks like Brady or Beli or Kraft or Gronk.

And I always thought Todd Gurley >>>> Sony Michel.

48 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Pats are closing in for me as well.  But if I were forced to choose between either the Dolphins or the Pats going on the run the Pats just went on, I'd choose the Pats.

This franchise is LONG overdue for a sustained run of success. The Dolphins owned the 70's through mid-80's.  The Bills dominated in the 90's.  The Pats have dominated since 2001.  I don't think the Jets have EVER had a run of dominance.  

Sorry, but in my opinion to  "dominate or own" football you have to have at least some success in the Super Bowl. The Bills lost four straight Super Bowls by an average of 17 points.  That's not domination. That is a travesty. A case can be made for the Dolphins who won back to back Super Bowls and had staggering regular season success for 14 years.  I did not root for them to win, could never do that, but at least in the undefeated season, felt they deserved it.  I have never felt that the Patriots deserved anything other than failure and misery. The Steelers, Green Bay Packers, San Francisco 49ers,  and the Filthy Disgusting Despicable New England Cheaters are in my opinion the only teams to date that have had that  "run of dominance", that you speak of.

49 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Eff the Patriots.  Eff the Dolphins. Eff the Bills. Eff the Steelers. Eff the Giants.  Eff the Eagles.  Eff the Cowboys. Eff the Packers. Eff the Raiders. Eff Tom Brady. Eff Dan Marino. Eff Don Shula. Eff Boston...

Am I missing anyone or does this cover it?  

Yes.  The Steelers and their arrogant fan base most definitely.  The Browns are getting there, but not quite, give it time. WHOOPS!  Sorry, Guess you didn't miss anybody.  Good job. Isn't it funny how most "normal" Jet fans hate exactly the same teams.

Archived