Did you ever root for the TB12 Patriots in a Superbowl?

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely never rooted for the Patriots. However as a football fan in general , I kind of have to take notice that what im watching is history. Whether you like it or not you're going to be hearing about Brady and Belichick for the rest of your lives. Believe me you, nothing was more satisfying as a Jets fan then when we left Brady Sitting on his ass in the middle of the field in Foxboro on our way to the AFC Championship game. That being said, you cannot deny the fact that they keep pulling this off over and over again. You have to give them props for their accomplishments

On 1/27/2019 at 10:20 AM, New York Mick said:

I only routed for them when they played the Giants, for two reasons so the Dolphins fans would shut the **** up about going indefeated and I wouldn’t have to listen to the Giant fans. 

1000% agreement there. 

I think you're all forgetting the last week of the 2002 season.  The Brady/Belichick Pats pull out a last-minute win against the also-hated Dolphins on the last day of the regular season during a 1:00 game to open the door for us, and then we come out and crush the Packers at home in a 4:00 game to steal the division.  There were actually Jets fans chanting P-A-T-S Pats Pats Pats at the stadium.

It will not (repeat: WILL NOT) happen again.

10 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I know everyone here is going to jump down my throat for this but yes I have rooted for them in the big game. Now hear me out. I have become numb to the pats winning so it really doesn't effect me if they have one more parade. Last year I rooted for them to beat the Eagles because screw philly. I'll probably root for them against the Rams this year too. Like I said I'm numb at this point and beware if the Rams win get ready for the new generation of bandwagon fans. We don't want a repeat of the pats do we? That's exactly what the Rams could turn out to be. Not trying to start an argument here just explaining reasons for wanting them to win the SB this year and last year.

I think numb is a good description, I have used that before too.  Them winning doesn't affect me anymore.  when they first start winning in the early 00s I couldn't stand them and it irritated me the way the giants or duke basketball winning irritates me.  I still despise the Pats and all things Boston sports but when they win it really doesn't affect me either way anymore.

w/ that said w/ Brady  I rooted for them week 17 of 2002, Super Bowls XLII and XLVI vs. NYG.

15 hours ago, GaryM said:

I agree, no true Jets fan could ever root for Brady or the Pats!!! I hate the Giants also but I wanted them to beat the Pats, imagine a Jets fan rooting for the Pats to go undefeated?

Yeah and I can't believe the argument of rooting for the Pats to go undefeated to "shut up the '72 Dolphins." Dudes... I can handle seeing a 72-year-old Mercury Morris for however many more years of senility he has left.

You really want to reset the clock so we have to see them roll out Gronk and Brady for the next 40-50 years every season when the last undefeated team falls? Talk about the ultimate short sighted "justification."

Archived