Don’t expect Tom Brady to retire even if he does win the Super Bowl

Patriot Killa

Good.  Let him stick around a year or two too long.  Let him keep going until he can't play anymore -- and maybe a year or two after that.  I don't want that SOB to get the storybook ending, winning another SB and calling it quits.

Let him retire after losing 38-13 on the last weekend of the season at Met Life to finish his second straight losing season as the 13 win Jets are getting ready for the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Good.  Let him stick around a year or two too long.  Let him keep going until he can't play anymore -- and maybe a year or two after that.  I don't want that SOB tyo get the storybook ending, winning another SB and calling it quits.

Let him retire after losing 38-13 on the last weekend of the season at Met Life to finish his second straight losing season as the 13 win Jets are getting ready for the playoffs.

Fell off slightly this season. He's still elite. Belichick did want to go with Garrapolo so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. The Pats have a ton of draft picks, again. Wouldnt shock me if they take a QB high.

He was showing off his Jersey from the AFCCG because it didn't have a grass stain on it. As long as the refs in this league protect the face of the NFL which is Tom Brady & Kraft remains the darling owner he's looked upon as it will tale a Herculean effort to dethrown them. So pray they lose to the Rams & that next year we knock that team off of their perch. Just takes one back tweak to put a 42  year old guy on the sideline. I would love to see him keep coming back after 2 Super Bowl losses & see them keep slipping back each year. Next year they go 10-6 and have to play ALL ROAD GAMES in the playoffs & hopefully have to play us in MetLife. The longer he hangs around eventually this Jet team will get to dance around in Gillette after putting a smackdown on them. It will be much sweeter if Brady is still there to watch from the sidelines.

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

45 years old is the goal for him. Good, Darnold will be an absolute star in that time span and Brady won’t be able to lift his arm up to throw a pass. Brady’s day will come with  the expense of embarrassment because of playing that long.

Nothing we have seen supports a single thing in this post. 

I actually wouldn't mind watching him end his career with a few soul crushing game ending superbowl INT's. Sucks seeing them in the superbowl all the time but that would really be a needle in the old legacy to see mr. clutch losing superbowls for his team at the end of his career and having a .500 or sub .500 career superbowl record. We just need to avoid the Dee Fords of the world.

If anyone would've told me 10 years ago we'd still be dealing with Tom Brady leading the Patriots to Super Bowls, I'd have laughed at them. But here we are. ? He's still doing it, and we're still doormats. We pick at the top of the draft every year, talk about "Cindy Brady and the Cheatriots", and exclaim "we want to be the one's who take him out". We're the ones who should worry about embarrassing ourselves, not Brady, who if he does play a year too long will still be the GOAT.

Better we keep quiet and get our own house in order instead of worrying about him and his. It's annoying as hell, and sticks in my craw as much as anyone, but lets be honest. The Jets have rarely been anything but a guaranteed win for Brady. Until things change, we have to face reality. Our team is a cellar dweller, and the more we talk about asserting ourselves against him, the more foolish we look to anyone who isn't a fellow Jets fan.

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

If anyone would've told me 10 years ago we'd still be dealing with Tom Brady leading the Patriots to Super Bowls, I'd have laughed at them. But here we are. ? He's still doing it, and we're still doormats. We pick at the top of the draft every year, talk about "Cindy Brady and the Cheatriots", and exclaim "we want to be the one's who take him out". We're the ones who should worry about embarrassing ourselves, not Brady, who if he does play a year too long will still be the GOAT.

Better we keep quiet and get our own house in order instead of worrying about him and his. It's annoying as hell, and sticks in my craw as much as anyone, but lets be honest. The Jets have rarely been anything but a guaranteed win for Brady. Until things change, we have to face reality. Our team is a cellar dweller, and the more we talk about asserting ourselves against him, the more foolish we look to anyone who isn't a fellow Jets fan.

I disagree. We don’t look foolish. We are the fans and we are suppose to remain hopeful. 

Unfortunately ill probably have to sit through another year of dominance while watching the entire NFL world proclaim the Pats demise if they lose a couple games in December. 

This dude is just torturing the rest of the league at this point. And this shouldn't he a surprise. Kraft overruled Belichick in order to keep Brady there. Brady just wont retire soon after because if so he'd be screwing over Kraft. 

It's been almost 20 f'ing years and not one other AFCE team has built a team to be able to compete for the division.

The sh*t is sad to witness. It's one thing not to be able to defeat them, but to not even have been able to build a respectable team atleast. 14 other games are not played against the Pats yet the Jets, Bills and Fins are too busy blowing seasons  draft picks and exchanging coaches. 

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

That’s fine. I just hope that Darnold and the Jets are the ones that beat them in the afc championship game when he’s 45. Want that to be the last thing on his resume. 

Id prefer he beat him in the AFC Championship game in the 2019 season. 

32 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Unfortunately ill probably have to sit through another year if dominance while watching the entire NFL world proclaim the Pats demise if they lose a couple games in December. 

This dude is just torturing the rest of the league at this point. And this shouldn't he a surprise. Kraft overruled Belichick in order to keep Brady there. Brady just wont retire soon after because if so he'd be screwing over Kraft. 

It's been almost 20 f'ing years and not one other AFCE team has built a team to be able to compete for the division.

The sh*t is sad to witness. It's one thing not to be able to defeat them, but to not even have been able to build a respectable team atleast. 14 other games are not played against the Pats yet the Jets, Bills and Fins are too busy blowing seasons  draft picks and exchanging coaches. 

Very true.  3 teams in the division have been incompetent (oftentimes completely so) for almost 2 decades now.  

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Aren't they due for a cheating scandal? 

It's been like a couple of years now 

I'd love to see Sam dethrone him anyway 

That would be amazing but they'd still be able to say "Brady was at the very end anyway so big deal".

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I hate every word of this post, because its spot f*cking on. 

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Better we keep quiet and get our own house in order instead of worrying about him and his. It's annoying as hell, and sticks in my craw as much as anyone, but lets be honest. The Jets have rarely been anything but a guaranteed win for Brady. Until things change, we have to face reality. Our team is a cellar dweller, and the more we talk about asserting ourselves against him, the more foolish we look to anyone who isn't fellow Jets fan.

Come now, it looks foolish to plenty of Jets fans as well.

Good.  I still want to beat Brady.  The 2011 division win against them is one of my favorite nights as a Jet fan.  Obviously it’s been a a rough road against them but I don’t want to pray for him to retire I want to beat him again and take the next step at the top of the division 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Unfortunately ill probably have to sit through another year if dominance while watching the entire NFL world proclaim the Pats demise if they lose a couple games in December. 

Yes, but lets look at some of the contributing factors that coincided to put the Patriots in a position almost no other team has ever had the fortune to stumble into...

-When Belichick took over, the Patriots were NOT a bad team. They had a solid foundation but by Parcells and then Pete Carroll. The core of BBs first team had won the AFC and been to a SB with Parcells. Carroll's team had a very good defense and drafted well. Belichick walked into a good team with an excellent Defense and decent Offensive talent. People act like BB sucked because he went 5-11 his first year. He was purging the roster and instituting HIS systems and tearing down the Ernie Zampesie offense and letting Charlie Weis develop a flexible offense that is the heart of what Brady still does. 

-THEY STUMBLED INTO THE GREATEST DRAFT STEAL IN SPORTS HISTORY. They took a smart, hard working kid with the height and frame to develop, but needed a LOT of work in body development and maturity. They got the GREATEST QUARTERBACK IN NFL HISTORY (there is no logical counterarguement to this, cheating or not) IN THE 6TH ROUND. On a 4 year, 6th rounder contract. He used his slight as fuel to work harder than anyone else, and to make them pay for it....for going on 20 years.

-Mo Lewis.

-BB brings in Ernie Adams to essentially invent "Football Analytics" without any credit, and identify the exact type of players the Pats should bring in that would beat fit their systems. They grab guys like Wes Welker and Mike Vrable cheap to fill out their roster.

-9/11. Yes. That. The Patriots dynasty started with a terrible call in the AFC Championship game the year that the attacks on the United States happened, while we had just launched our War against Terror in Afganistan. The NFL understands optics better than anyone. The Patriots wore a uniform that was essentially an American Flag. They are THE PATRIOTS, for gods sake. And they were the beneficiaries of one of the worst calls in NFL History, and were allowed to downright MUG Rams receivers all SuperBowl (and perhaps taping the Rams practice/walkthrough). This SB win gave them.the gravitas needed to establish themselves as a premier NFL team, and have the stability to impmement the "Patriot Way":

*A fanatical attention to detail and knowledge of rules

*Finding original and unique ways to manipulate rules to your favor.

*Demanding absolute adherance to team rules and norms and an expectation of constant high effort and a willingness to sacrifice individual for team, and having the NFL players to actually buy into it.

*Expectation of absolute silence of internal team issues, and a totalitarian expectation of Loyalty.

*An entire "research department" dedicated to manipulating and exploiting rules, gathering opponent information, and rule breaking.

*An owner who is popular and able to become extremely Powerful in the league, and provide cover for his teams activities on a League Ownership level, and through the Television and Competition committees. 

*A HOF QB willing to "take less money" on the surface to not constrict the teams cap space, while working on a cap circumventing parallel business adjacent to team grounds.

The Patriots team of the past 18 years has been a juggernaut, created by a convergence of factors that will never be duplicated. Ever.  We just had to ride it out, just like the rest of the NFL, while having the misfortune of being identified as the "rival" of them in their division. Nobody in the AFC East had a chance, at least the Jets got a shot or two in over the 2 decades.... 

Good. I don't want him to go out after a SB appearance/win. I want us to knock him out of the playoffs for a couple years and he gets forced to retire.

He was a stupid penalty away from getting knocked out of the playoffs thanks to 3 INTs. He has no arm strength. He is a magician and can definitely keep on winning, but if we can actually build a good team, there is no reason we can't finally knock him off. 

The only expectation I have of Brady is that the day he retires he comes out, and dedicated his spite-driven GOAT career to the meatheads that tormented him in grade school. Effectively shaming them through dominance of their sacred game.

Nothing else would make sense.

6 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

There's a lot of truth to this post. All of it said, Tom Brady can still eat dicks.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The only expectation I have of Brady is that the day he retires he comes out, and dedicated his spite-driven GOAT career to the meatheads that tormented him in grade school. Effectively shaming them through dominance of their sacred game.

Nothing else would make sense.

Then shows his stellar new pair of D cups! Hawt!!

Archived