Alex Smith will most likely miss entire 2019 season — Redskins trade?

Patriot Killa

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought the exact same.

Their 1, 2, 3 and next year’s 1 on the chart lines up very closely with the third pick.

Not perfect but it’s an interesting possibility. I kind of doubt they give up the farm to move up since it leaves them very little to build around the QB and they’re not that established, but you never know.

I’d bet they go after Flacco, or Carr if the Raiders make him available.

2 minutes ago, derp said:

Thought the exact same.

Their 1, 2, 3 and next year’s 1 on the chart lines up very closely with the third pick.

Not perfect but it’s an interesting possibility. I kind of doubt they give up the farm to move up since it leaves them very little to build around the QB and they’re not that established, but you never know.

Agreed. I dont see them making a move to 3 because the cost would be too much. Also although im in favor of trading back i dont want to fall out of the top 10

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Agreed.  WAS almost has to get a QB.  Probably no shot at Foles which leaves them looking at Flacco or Bridgewater at best.  They should definitely be in the mix to draft one in the 1st round as well.

I would think the combination of no blue chip QBs in this draft would mean they need a cast off QB and a QB who they hope can develop 

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed. I dont see them making a move to 3 because the cost would be too much. Also although im in favor of trading back i dont want to fall out of the top 10

What would be cool is if the Jets can move down to 7 with the Jags - I think that would be in range of the Redskins. I think with this class you want to hang at 3, take a pick to barely move down if the Raiders want to move up for some reason, or get into the teens.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I would think the combination of no blue chip QBs in this draft would mean they need a cast off QB and a QB who they hope can develop 

Isn’t Washington finished with trying to get Vets to work long term? Very well could be 2020 or Dan Snyder can be Dan Snyder and fall in love with the top guy this year.

9 minutes ago, derp said:

Thought the exact same.

Snyder will want Murray. Nothing was more exciting in Washington when RGlll was running around, and Snyder was all smiles in the owners box. 

Guys like Carr or Flacco won't move the arrow in Washington. 

If I were the Jets I would definitely trade back to 15 for a huge haul! When you have the QB & 100 million you can do that. I posted from a mock draft the players that could be in that 15-20 range. Some really good choices including DK Metcalf. We have to look at 2019 as the year Gase/Williams establish their systems & weed out guys and add players they want. Heading into 2020 with Brady at 43 years old & we have 2 1st round picks? No brainer! 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Isn’t Washington finished with trying to get Vets to work long term? Very well could be 2020 or Dan Snyder can be Dan Snyder and fall in love with the top guy this year.

Agree,  think they compete with the Dolphins for the 2020 QB Tankathon

Here's Daniel Jeremiahs Mock draft from 15-19. I'd trade back to 15 in this draft for a huge haul including Skins 2020 1st rounder!

PICK

WAS.png

Marquise Brown - WR

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior 
The Redskins need to sort out the QB situation following Alex Smith's injury. If they address that need in free agency, Brown will be a tempting option with this pick.

PICK

CAR.png

Greedy Williams - CB

School: LSU | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
Williams' play was up and down in the fall, but the Panthers hit on an LSU cornerback in last year's draft (Donte Jackson) and they might double down this spring.

PICK

CLE.png

Andre Dillard - OT

School: Washington State | Year: Senior (RS) 
I believe Dillard is the top left tackle prospect in the draft and his pass-protecting prowess is just what Baker Mayfield needs.

PICK

MIN.png

Jonah Williams - OG

School: Alabama | Year: Junior 
Williams is a solid offensive tackle prospect, but I believe he has All-Pro potential at guard. The Vikings need to address the O-line this offseason.

PICK

TEN.png

D.K. Metcalf - WR

4 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

could see them take a flyer on flacco. he wouldnt have to move. is haskins really worth the three pick? hopefully he kills it at the combine

It doesn’t even matter what QB is worth this or that in 2019’s version of the NFL. Mitch Trubisky went #2 overall with 12 college starts.

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Too bad for alex Smith. Terrible news.  Never want to see a career threatend/ended like this due to one play.

Agreed. I really like Alex Smith. Good QB, Leader and person. I pray that he comes back to play again.

30 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Hopefully they don’t pick up one in FA. The Jets could get a ton of picks in that trade

Snyder should do what the Jets did just in opposite order.  Sign Bridgewater in free agency.  He will be your "bridge" to the next QB.  Trade up and draft one.  

Moving from 15 to 3 would require next year's #1, this year's 2 + more. 

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

Snyder is as bad as the Johnson's, happy to make a profit and play with his toy 

They will probably tank for a top pick next year and try to salvage Smith 

Snyder is a constant medaled similar to Stinebrener.  Mcphale did a good job of reigning him in. Snyder is a wildcard waiting too go all in.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Snyder should do what the Jets did just in opposite order.  Sign Bridgewater in free agency.  He will be your "bridge" to the next QB.  Trade up and draft one.  

Agree 15 to 3 Washington needs to offer a lot. 

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Skins are really behind the 8 ball. Look around the league at all of the teams with young QBs. Jets, Browns, Cards, Cowboys, Eagles, Bills, Chiefs. 

Last thing Snyder wants to see is the Giants get a young QB before the Skins do. Could be the windfall the Jets are looking for. 

Just now, ASH1962 said:

Boy I don't care who it is, you hate to think someone's career is over. I hope that is not the case for Alex Smith, he is a good guy. Hope he can pull a Teddy B Ad come bac,

it has to come down to quality of life if taking a chance coming back means walking and not walking the rest of your life the decision should be easy for him. 

Archived